Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 5, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #49,171 of 62,746
Any suggestion of food Wireless Earbuds? I am not looking for any expensive ones. In fact, I am not in favour of Wireless Earphones at all and fully convinced that these phone companies removed headphone jack only to sell their earbuds which are usually $150-200-300 or more. I remember when I went to Samsung store to see the phones if there is any good quality phone which has 3.5mm Jack, sales guy showed me some model which obviously did not has headphone jack. That guy shamelessly suggested me to buy $250 Samsung Earbuds for $500 phone.

Anyway, this is for my kid. My budget is AUD $40-50 or may be few $s here and there. But the earbud should be good, clear voice quality but also good in sound, good Bass and richer mid with smooth high. ANC and ENC will be good.

There are many on AliExpress but not sure which is good and most importantly they are taking way too much time for delivery. Pls suggest. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #49,173 of 62,746
Any suggestion of food Wireless Earbuds? I am not looking for any expensive ones. In fact, I am not in favour of Wireless Earphones at all and fully convinced that these phone companies removed headphone jack only to sell their earbuds which are usually $150-200-300 or more. I remember when I went to Samsung store to see the phones if there is any good quality phone which has 3.5mm Jack, sales guy showed me some model which obviously did not has headphone jack. That guy shamelessly suggested me to buy $250 Samsung Earbuds for $500 phone.

Anyway, this is for my kid. My budget is AUD $40-50 or may be few $s here and there. But the earbud should be good, clear voice quality but also good in sound, good Bass and richer mid with smooth high. ANC and ENC will be good.

There are many on AliExpress but not sure which is good and most importantly they are taking way too much time for delivery. Pls suggest. Thanks in advance.
For that price range and assuming you are using that Samsung smartphone,you may look for some of soundpeats ones. Sad that most of companies are getting away from 3.5mm jack indeed. Apple pulled plug for iPod as well.

For aliex:

US $42.99 57% Off | SoundPEATS Air3 pro Hybrid ANC Bluetooth 5.2 Wireless Earphones QCC3046 Aptx-adaptive Noise Cancelling Gaming Mode Earbuds
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLMr22C

If you install the soundpeats app, you can tune your earbuds to make the comfortable sound you may feel.

Or if you are fine with wicked semi-wireless, AKG is selling their 1BA+1DD N30 for $59, not ANC but it’s an IEM afterall, you will get proper noise isolation.

Or if you changed your mind for the budget, AKG’s $1k flagship IEM N5005 with bluetooth adapter, is sold at $199.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #49,174 of 62,746
For that price range and assuming you are using that Samsung smartphone,you may look for some of soundpeats ones. Sad that most of companies are getting away from 3.5mm jack indeed. Apple pulled plug for iPod as well.
Yes. This is only to sell their Bluetooth Headphones. In reality, they are crap and no Bluetooth Earphones can match Wired Earphones. It's biggest scam in Tech History and nothing more than that.
For aliex:

US $42.99 57% Off | SoundPEATS Air3 pro Hybrid ANC Bluetooth 5.2 Wireless Earphones QCC3046 Aptx-adaptive Noise Cancelling Gaming Mode Earbuds
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLMr22C

If you install the soundpeats app, you can tune your earbuds to make the comfortable sound you may feel.

Or if you are fine with wicked semi-wireless, AKG is selling their 1BA+1DD N30 for $59, not ANC but it’s an IEM afterall, you will get proper noise isolation.

Or if you changed your mind for the budget, AKG’s $1k flagship IEM N5005 with bluetooth adapter, is sold at $199.
Thanks for your suggestions. Let me check on them. Also, just now ordered Jabra Elite 3 through the points I have from my Mobile Service Provider so I did not need to pay anything at all. But I am sure that one spare may be also be required so I will look into the ones you suggested. I hope Jabra Elite 3 is good and as per my expectations above.

Dec 5, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #49,176 of 62,746
Yes. This is only to sell their Bluetooth Headphones. In reality, they are crap and no Bluetooth Earphones can match Wired Earphones. It's biggest scam in Tech History and nothing more than that.

Thanks for your suggestions. Let me check on them. Also, just now ordered Jabra Elite 3 through the points I have from my Mobile Service Provider so I did not need to pay anything at all. But I am sure that one spare may be also be required so I will look into the ones you suggested. I hope Jabra Elite 3 is good and as per my expectations above.
Nah things are getting better, LDAC, Aptx-Adaptive, I lived 20 year+ with IEMs, I can say wireless sound quality is almost par with wired now. At least transmission quality. TWS has its drivability cap issues, so it’s still not as capable as wired or Bluetooth amp powered class. To my knowledge there is no TWS that comes with Sonion’s electret EST driver which a modern IEM is usually equipped. So there is a long way to go for true-wireless.

Also you still have to charge those after hours of use which is inconvenient still. Cables are bothersome as well, so some wireless IEM has cable connectivity after their power is lost.

You can also now make your faborite wired IEM as a wireless with FiiO’s UTW series.

Anyway, back to topic, yea Jabra makes good IEM too, it can’t go too wrong.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #49,177 of 62,746
For my personal use, I only use Flat head Earphones (like Monk+ or FiiO EMS etc.) In ear ones are not comfortable for me so never use them.
Ah ok. Soundpeats has apple’s Earpods style semi-open one. Air3 Pro Deluxe HS(this company simply lacks sense for naming IMO, makes good TWS though)

Dec 5, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #49,178 of 62,746

I don't see it that way... Engineers love to work with new cutting edge tech, TWS development is like a playground.
You ain't seen nothing yet, look at the amazing improvements in the last 5 years!!

Dec 5, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #49,179 of 62,746
Ah ok. Soundpeats has apple’s Earpods style semi-open one. Air3 Pro Deluxe HS(this company simply lacks sense for naming IMO, makes good TWS though)
Apple Earpods (I tried wired ones came with my wife's iPhone) are the most uncomfortable one. Hardly after 10 min of using them, my ear started paining like a hell. Could not use it at all. Earlier they had flat head one. Not sure who fool gave them advise to go for the design and even biggest fool approved that.

Dec 5, 2022 at 10:09 PM Post #49,180 of 62,746
I don't see it that way... Engineers love to work with new cutting edge tech, TWS development is like a playground.
You ain't seen nothing yet, look at the amazing improvements in the last 5 years!!
There is no improvement. Only improvement is in the profit of these crony companies. It's biggest scam and all phone companies have their hands-in-gloves in this scam.

They don't need to remove 3,5mm Jack to use Bluetooth earphones. That's why it is a pure scam. Even a 5 years old child can understand and see that.

Dec 5, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #49,181 of 62,746
There is no improvement. Only improvement is in the profit of these crony companies. It's biggest scam and all phone companies have their hands-in-gloves in this scam.

They don't need to remove 3,5mm Jack to use Bluetooth earphones. That's why it is a pure scam. Even a 5 years old child can understand and see that.
Well, I'm a Test Engineer. If you can't see the advances in codex, chipsets, battery longevity, miniaturization, noise cancellation and onboard controls, then I'm surprised.
IEM's haven't really changed at all. Maybe improvements in sound per dollar, but that's more to do with manufacturing in China...

Dec 5, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #49,182 of 62,746
Well, I'm a Test Engineer. If you can't see the advances in codex, chipsets, battery longevity, miniaturization, noise cancellation and onboard controls, then I'm surprised.
IEM's haven't really changed at all. Maybe improvements in sound per dollar, but that's more to do with manufacturing in China...
I can disagree with “IEM haven’t changed at all” part.

Have you tried any Planar, Sonion EST, quadbrid bone conduction driver ones? It never existed on earth a decade ago.

Agree with “sound per dollar” part though. It’s a good trend, now we don’t need to pat few grants for great sound.

Dec 5, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #49,183 of 62,746

If you interested in actual suggestions. If your in the US the JBL Tune130NC has good sound quality and OK ANC and better ambient mode. It's does only AAC and SBC but sounds decent on my Samsung S20 using AAC.

Is it better than wired? Of course not but I do find it to be a very good TWS if you can live with a few trade offs regarding controls.

I am sure you child would enjoy it. Heck you might too :). Never know...

Edit: it's been on sale for around $50 so in your requested price range.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #49,184 of 62,746
Absolutely No. You are very much wrong here. All they care is about the profit only and nothing else. There is not a single reason for removing the headphone Jack to use the Bluetooth Headphone. Are you saying that either Bluetooth or 3.5mm, only one of them can work?

There was no demand from consumer to remove headphone jack and allow only Bluetooth earphones. That's most wrong statement I have ever read. As you are working from one of these phone companies (or may be earphones/sound related one), I can very well say that you are part of this scam and in support of these crony companies too. That's a shame.

You are wrong here. It is not because of convenience. Firstly, these companies forced people to buy Bluetooth earphones and many of them upgraded their phone (anyway these companies make sure that the phones become slower or not usable after couple of years so people have to spend more money and buy new one) and with upgrade phone, they found no headphone jack to they have to buy Bluetooth earphones or connectors. And now these companies are saying that public is saying that it is convenient hence they are using. Absolutely bull. Complete Nonsense.
I mean if you try the 4.2 Bluetooth vs the 5.2 version, you will see a huge differences in sound quality, phone call, etc. Or sony xm3 vs xm4, you will see the improvements on ANC level. And changes and new things cost more money than the old things should be obvious here. Also new codecs cost money too
Second, no one force you to upgrade your earbuds really, your money your choice. You are correct about the phone situation especially iphone
Third, the wired may sound better for the money but they are too inconvenient. I used to change wired iem every week and it cost like 70-80 per time. So yeah, tws for the win here
Fourth, you can actually buy tws with good specs for under 100 nowadays, so why complained about it really?

Dec 5, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #49,185 of 62,746
If you interested in actual suggestions. If your in the US the JBL Tune130NC has good sound quality and OK ANC and better ambient mode. It's does only AAC and SBC but sounds decent on my Samsung S20 using AAC.

Is it better than wired? Of course not but I do find it to be a very good TWS if you can live a few trade offs regarding controls.
No Wireless Earbuds can match even 25% of Sound Quality and Reliability of Wired Earphones and absolutely 0.1% match in terms of connectivity and performance. No matter how good Wireless bud is, unless you keep charging it, it won't last for even 1 full day. That's not the issue with Wired ones.
I am sure you child would enjoy it. Heck you might too :). Never know...
I really don't use in-ear type earphones at all. And strict no-no to Bluetooth. If the earbuds I ordered are not free (or from my points), then I would still be searching for cheaper ones. My kid was also not keen to buy the phone we bought but there was no option so we had to buy that. That's what I have been saying that these companies forcing people to buy their crap phones and crap so called wireless earbuds.
Edit: it's been on sale for around $50 so in your requested price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back