Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 19, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #48,331 of 62,816
Where did you find the option for 29,864? I only see 30k
Amazon prices fluctuate. It was that price when I ordered a few weeks ago.

Oct 19, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #48,334 of 62,816
OK, maybe solved the charging issue on the L3P.

Using these on my walk and train ride and I am starting to warm up to these. The EQ is really good. They were a bit sibilant after my ID test which cranked up the treble regions due to hearing loss. Have not found a custom setting I like quite yet but will keep fiddling around.

I can see them maybe being to hot for younger ears or certain genres. But so far these are growing on me for Jazz and classic rock. Cymbals have a bit of brashness or metallic edge to them but are very vivid. This can be good or bad depending on if you like it or not or you find it distracting.

At $120 they are great bargain.

ANC is slightly behind the GB2P and Sony Linkbuds S but the wind reducer works pretty good and they are decent once music is playing. Note I have been unable to run the ANC detect thing as my environments are either to loud or to quiet for it to run. Will see if the ANC is any different when I can finally run that setting.
I would say that what made my L3Ps sound good is running both a custom EQ in the app as well as using Wavelet. Like it's probably overly complicated for most and obviously impossible if you use an iPhone, but totally, totally worth it in my opinion to make it sound the way I want it to.
I think they're also really great for pop and electronic music, would say that jazz and rock is the music they shine the least on to me, but they still sound great with most if not all genres.
Like the stock tuning is absolutely a hot mess, but the way they respond to EQ is really magical.

ANC is totally not their strong suit though, I find them weaker than the original GBPs as well by quite a bit, but I think that's because I get a GREAT seal with the GBPs. I haven't tried any other tips than the ones that come with the earbuds however so I might improve on the ANC if I get better noise isolation.
I don't like how I can actually hear traffic zooming by if i'm walking next to a road even when listening on somewhat loud volume levels (65-70%-ish), but it's not a huge deal.

Oct 19, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #48,335 of 62,816
Just tested the Galaxy Buds 2 ( not pro) and Final Ze3000. Had the Z7 last weekend here and I've been using the Galaxy Buds Pro 2 for a year.
The Z7 can't compete with all these buds at all. Bloated, muddy bass which drown the mids and let vocals appear super distand and quiet. The treble is also very very soft, you almost don't hear cymbal sounds. As I've heard great stuff about the Tevi (renamed to Z3), I am very disappointed.
I had the Prophile 8 Inear for quite a while and loved the UERM, Blessing 2 impressed me a lot too.. just for reference what I like.

Fit
Buds 2 >= Final Ze3000 > Buds pro. The latters gets quite umconfortable, even though there is no pressure build up with these. Buds 2 fits like a glove for me, Final ZE3000 is also very comfortable.

Soundstage size Final ZE3000 > Buds Pro > Buds 2. Final ZE3000 is by far the widest sounding, imagine is on par with Buds Pro 2. Buds 2 loses in both and can sound congested with busy tracks.

ZE3000 has a warm and safe tuning, it is really relaxing with nothing really standing out. It has more midbass than subbass, missing the rumble from the Samsungs. I kind of miss that, but a good clean midbass like the ZE3000 is very fun too.
I love the engaging tuning of the Buds 2, it sounds forward with a very pleasing tuning if it wasn't for the treble. I can get sibiliant.. which is a shame, I really like them otherwise. Going to do some tip rolling and if it doesn't get better I am going to send them back..., for now the ZE3000 impresses me the most. I am probably going to get my hands
on the Buds Pro 2 for the final battle. =)

Source: Realme GT Master, Ipad Mini6. Both with aac codec.
I don't think you've had the Galaxy Buds Pro 2 for a year unless you somehow work for Samsung :D (they came out like a couple of weeks ago?)
Hi there,

@MisterMonsieur, it's funny, I just got the Final ZE3000 after reading a lot of reviews. I hope I will not be disappointed with their bass response (I love some extra oomph in my IEMs). It's my first set of TWS. I love wired but I thought I'd give these a try since I got them on the cheap.

I also wanted to try the Noble Audio FoKus Pro but they're nowherere to be found in Europe (minus the UK and Switzerland). They're already expensive so I don't wanna risk adding customs' fees on top.
They really are too goddamn expensive to get here in the EU, it adds up to about $400 and that's without shipping even, it's way too high of a price for me to dare "take a chance" on them being as good as everybody says (and also, just being good doesn't equate to me liking them since sound is also a matter of personal preference), especially when they're also lacking a bit in features outside of the sound.
I wish I could try them first and then I MIGHT pay that kind of money for them.

Oct 19, 2022 at 3:59 AM Post #48,337 of 62,816
They really are too goddamn expensive to get here in the EU, it adds up to about $400 and that's without shipping even, it's way too high of a price for me to dare "take a chance" on them being as good as everybody says (and also, just being good doesn't equate to me liking them since sound is also a matter of personal preference), especially when they're also lacking a bit in features outside of the sound.
I wish I could try them first and then I MIGHT pay that kind of money for them.
Oh I absolutely agree. They end up being more than $400 actually, it's way too expensive for TWS IMO.

I've bought a few wired IEMs blind and I was never really disappointed. But with TWS, I wouldn't take the chance. I'm gonna get the Final ZE3000 in a few days and they're my first pair of TWS. They were cheap enough (used but like new) to be bought without trying them first.

Oct 19, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #48,338 of 62,816
I would say that what made my L3Ps sound good is running both a custom EQ in the app as well as using Wavelet. Like it's probably overly complicated for most and obviously impossible if you use an iPhone, but totally, totally worth it in my opinion to make it sound the way I want it to.
I think they're also really great for pop and electronic music, would say that jazz and rock is the music they shine the least on to me, but they still sound great with most if not all genres.
Like the stock tuning is absolutely a hot mess, but the way they respond to EQ is really magical.

ANC is totally not their strong suit though, I find them weaker than the original GBPs as well by quite a bit, but I think that's because I get a GREAT seal with the GBPs. I haven't tried any other tips than the ones that come with the earbuds however so I might improve on the ANC if I get better noise isolation.
I don't like how I can actually hear traffic zooming by if i'm walking next to a road even when listening on somewhat loud volume levels (65-70%-ish), but it's not a huge deal.
Odd as it has been the opposite exprience for me with Wavelet. While it works fine for most tracks, there are certain situations where it clips. I have two different Liberty 3 Pro's (an older Silver one and a newer Purple I bought as a backup pair) and they both have this problem. The in app-EQ is decent for quick adjustments but seems to apply a limiter to minimize clipping and consequently lacks the versatility of a third-party EQ.

What I find a bit odd is that the two L3P have different tunings, my newer Purple unit is a tad warmer while the Silver one is somewhat hot in the treble. Again it might be down to how I cleaned the nozzles, and a difference in eartips. I have the same-sized eartips on both, but noticed a difference in quality - the newer one has somewhat more sturdy eartips that don't flip backwards so easily when I yank them out of my ears too quickly.

Oct 19, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #48,339 of 62,816
There were no customs fees?
Unsure. I was charged the $225 usd and above was the breakdown in Yen, so maybe it was incorporated in the price.

Oct 19, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #48,340 of 62,816
Yep, I cranked them to max, but I still need them to be like 80/100 to hear the full sound
Can you help me to eq with this?

Well, I don't know this particular equalizer, but my settings would probably be something like this: 2 -2 -1 0 0 0 -4 0 2 4.

Boost the subbass, lower the midbass, sharply reduce 4K and boost high treble.

Oct 19, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #48,341 of 62,816

Order Summary​

Item(s) Subtotal:
USD 206.17
Shipping & Handling:
USD 19.57

Total:
USD 225.74

Grand Total:
USD 225.74

This is what I paid for the TWX9 and there were no additional fees.

Oct 19, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #48,342 of 62,816
Further listening impressions of the ZE3000 compared to the Buds Pro 1st Gen.
The BP1 is an easier listening, I just woke up today with not much sleep and immediately listened to the ZE3000. The treble felt a bit fatiguating ( it is smooth tho, just boosted), whereas I could always listen to the Buds Pro at any time of the day, in any state.
Now after 2 cups of coffee listening to the ZE3000 sounds kinda relaxing, the treble is still very present but as I said, it is smooth. Went for a walk with them, passive noise isolation is very nice for a tws and could barely hear wind noise.
Mids are warmer on the Buds Pro , there is some bass bloat into the mids but it works well IMO and only colors the mids slightly. Mids on the ZE3000 feal pretty "natural", neither warm nor cold.
I don't really like ANC, in sum the ZE3000 are keepers for me and will replace my Buds Pro for casual listening at home and on the go, the Pro due to comfort issues after an extended time will be my gym bud. :)

Oh and I tried out the Momentum 4( headphone), it is super trashy sound with mushy and bloated bass leading to awkwardly colored mids. If the MTW 3 shares a similiar tuning, I will gladly pass on trying it.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #48,343 of 62,816
$225 all in. I paid extra for expedited.

Item(s) Subtotal:​
¥ 29,864​
Shipping & Handling:​
¥ 2,749​

No idea about return shipping. I don't plan on ever returning them. They're great!
Definitely get expedited shipping. For the small difference, it's very much worth not waiting the extra week But in case you don't, fwiw it does seem that UPS handles the US leg of the slow shipping.

Oct 19, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #48,344 of 62,816
Seem like I missed that deal. Thank you
It’s about a 91 cent price difference, I wouldn’t sweat it.
There were no customs fees?
If importing to the us you won’t pay customs fees under the $800 threshold.

Regarding returns, I am still dealing with returning my first faulty unit. DHL returned the shipment to me because I “don’t have privileges to ship dangerous goods”, eg: lithium batteries. I am unsure of whether they are charging me anything or if I’ll get a full refund, and Japan is still insisting that I ship DHL, though it seems impossible.

That said, I’ve already received the replacement and they are fantastic. But even returning with the promise of reimbursement is proving to be very challenging.

Oct 19, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #48,345 of 62,816
Quick update as I continue to give the TWX9 a nice go-around. An absolute joy to commute with! It was very windy today and the ANC (using its calibrated mode) blocked out most of it AND the train noise when I got to the underground stations. Interestingly, I can still hear a bit of the train announcements, but I noticed in the app they have a little function to let voices come through among the noises.
Here's one of my most used functions with TWX9 for quick hear-through - it's super practical.

A triple click on the left stem (so long as you didn't re-map controls) will instantly activate hear-through, and will stay on this function until any command is pressed to deactivate it.

Whenever I'm needing to address someone or make a morning coffee order at restaurant counter, I do the left stem triple click, and once I'm done with the hear through I click or tap the touch sensitive logo and it immediately returns to my music.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back