Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 18, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #47,776 of 62,439
I tried running with my Bomaker SiFi II that I use on my home trainer normally as they have the best passive isolation I've heard (useful for the massive fan I use) and they stay in my ears reasonably well in spite of the heavy sweating.
Incredibly the "thud" was not bad at all in spite of the perfect seal and it's nice to have practically no outside noises, even the shoes hitting the ground. A real "bubble"!
Wouod

Monkey see, monkey tried to replicate & monkey failed! I could not achieve that bubble.

And then I came back here and realized there was a “II” behind the name :wink: Monkey can’t read properly.

Ran 13K in the typhoon rain yesterday with the first Bomakers. Still a solid set, but sure has a thud.

Sep 18, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #47,777 of 62,439
Hehe, that was brave ! The SiFi II have the "thud" too but it's not as bad as with the EarFun Air Pro 2 and you can get used to it, especially since it dampens the outside noise, like the shoes hitting the ground, which you do have with the X12s and even more with the Aftershokz. For a race you'd want to stay aware of your environment though so I'd use the Aftershokz there.

Sep 19, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #47,779 of 62,439
The Free Buds Pro 2 are pretty solid... but only issue I personally have is the pinch gestures - using this gesture moves the bud too much and also fit is not perfect so ANC is not great for me (hard to find third-party tips)
Call quality is pretty solid and sound quality is nice too (liberty 3 pro still better - in fact not much can really compete with them)

Bose QC II.. wow... so disappointed - Yes ANC is fantastic! but I also wanted these for calls and call quality is inferior considering the tech involved (i got better call quality with the liberty 3 pro) also single bud mode is a none starter :frowning2: - as mentioned earlier software is also buggy - overall not worth it IMHO.

I've been on the lookout for the Enco x2 for a while (but don't like white buds and it's challenging to get the other colour).

Given the current prices of the L3 Pro if you were happy with them then try and get them again (for me I just couldn't get over how big they are so I ended up not using them much )
I would rate the 1more Evo highly as well if you can get SoundID to work for you (don't even bother with the EQ on those!)
Hmm, you've given me something to think about at least!
It's a bummer if the Bose QC II sounds bad for calls, that seems surprising with their design, and I recall Bose QC Buds (1st Gen) being known for having very respectable call quality when it came out? Sure, call quality isn't highest at my list of priorities within a TWS earbud, but I've also had some very nightmarish experiences with my older TWS earbuds where I got so damn mad as soon as I took a call that was somewhere where it wasn't completely quiet and people were always like "I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I JUST HEAR EVERYBODY ELSE AROUND YOU" *cough, WF-1000XM3, cough* and I'm not exactly looking to get back to that.

I really don't like the look of the Oppo Enco X2 unfortunately, I find the Freebuds 2 Pro to look MUCH better, both the silver and the blue are gorgeous. I do like white earbuds though, but I'm not mad about the super plastic-y looking Airpods-like finish on the X2s. But I also don't trust Freebuds Pro 2 because they're tuned by Devialet, and I just find the Devialet Gemini to be one of the worst tuned buds in my collection of all time.

The only thing that bothers me about the L3P's though is that I bought my first pair for $79 completely new and now they're back up at like $120-150 where I'm at. They are worth the full retail price though, but it still stings to buy the same earbuds for almost twice the money as the first pair.

Sep 19, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #47,780 of 62,439
Bang & Olufsen EX users - you may wanna check the B&O app - they've pushed firmware v5.4.9 to some more users. Seems like this update will help reflect battery %s more accurately in the app

Sep 19, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #47,781 of 62,439
Hehe, that was brave ! The SiFi II have the "thud" too but it's not as bad as with the EarFun Air Pro 2 and you can get used to it, especially since it dampens the outside noise, like the shoes hitting the ground, which you do have with the X12s and even more with the Aftershokz. For a race you'd want to stay aware of your environment though so I'd use the Aftershokz there.

I am still contemplating what set to wear for the upcoming Yokohama Marathon ... most likely the Aftershokz ... but would love to take out the new Bose for that :D .. I still have like 40 days to decide ...

Sep 19, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #47,782 of 62,439
Bang & Olufsen EX users - you may wanna check the B&O app - they've pushed firmware v5.4.9 to some more users. Seems like this update will help reflect battery %s more accurately in the app
I noticed it this morning and updated.

Sep 19, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #47,784 of 62,439
Hmm, you've given me something to think about at least!
It's a bummer if the Bose QC II sounds bad for calls, that seems surprising with their design, and I recall Bose QC Buds (1st Gen) being known for having very respectable call quality when it came out? Sure, call quality isn't highest at my list of priorities within a TWS earbud, but I've also had some very nightmarish experiences with my older TWS earbuds where I got so damn mad as soon as I took a call that was somewhere where it wasn't completely quiet and people were always like "I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I JUST HEAR EVERYBODY ELSE AROUND YOU" *cough, WF-1000XM3, cough* and I'm not exactly looking to get back to that.

I really don't like the look of the Oppo Enco X2 unfortunately, I find the Freebuds 2 Pro to look MUCH better, both the silver and the blue are gorgeous. I do like white earbuds though, but I'm not mad about the super plastic-y looking Airpods-like finish on the X2s. But I also don't trust Freebuds Pro 2 because they're tuned by Devialet, and I just find the Devialet Gemini to be one of the worst tuned buds in my collection of all time.

The only thing that bothers me about the L3P's though is that I bought my first pair for $79 completely new and now they're back up at like $120-150 where I'm at. They are worth the full retail price though, but it still stings to buy the same earbuds for almost twice the money as the first pair.
Yeah, call quality is a bummer and still experiencing software issues. On a call now and only getting sound out of one speaker. Won't connect to the Bose app. Argh.

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #47,785 of 62,439
Yeah, call quality is a bummer and still experiencing software issues. On a call now and only getting sound out of one speaker. Won't connect to the Bose app. Argh.
These Bose have enough gremlins that I'm gonna order the APP2 and see which is better. I suspect the sound on the Bose will be better and probably the ANC since I can't fathom better ANC than what these have but the APP2 may be the better all around for ios users.

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #47,786 of 62,439
Off topic @erockg back on iPhone. I think the fold has to go. Battery life is the Achilles heel. I liked the phone but it’s a constant hassle to mange, tweak etc. Bose sound good on the iPhone.
I go back and forth. My wife just got a 14 Pro Max and it's very nice, but huge. Fold is easier to hold, but typing while folded is a bitch. I'm definitely charging it more than my 13 Pro, but man, the content consumption and multitasking abilities just blow away the iPhone. It's sad. Apple needs to evolve, not constantly incrementally refine.

Zero issues with the Bose on Android, or paired to my Apple TV so far. Once paired, they force pair easily. I'll be giving them the Zoom test all day today. Bose will issue updates like they did with the first gen. They alway seem to add/tweak/fix what we all miss. I've already had one update to them after receipt. I'm going to pay too much money and order a black pair of Colorware APP2's soon. Unless they are panned.

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #47,787 of 62,439
I go back and forth. My wife just got a 14 Pro Max and it's very nice, but huge. Fold is easier to hold, but typing while folded is a bitch. I'm definitely charging it more than my 13 Pro, but man, the content consumption and multitasking abilities just blow away the iPhone. It's sad. Apple needs to evolve, not constantly incrementally refine.

Zero issues with the Bose on Android, or paired to my Apple TV so far. Once paired, they force pair easily. I'll be giving them the Zoom test all day today. Bose will issue updates like they did with the first gen. They alway seem to add/tweak/fix what we all miss. I've already had one update to them after receipt. I'm going to pay too much money and order a black pair of Colorware APP2's soon. Unless they are panned.
I hear you. I make way too many mistakes typing on the Fold. It takes 2x as long to construct an email.

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #47,788 of 62,439
Long winded, but I find a lot here hard to disagree with:

Sep 19, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #47,789 of 62,439
I hear you. I make way too many mistakes typing on the Fold. It takes 2x as long to construct an email.
I've tried dictation, it works, but typing and dictating are just plain flawless for me on the iPhone. I did pick up a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and it's fun. I do like the round face much better than my Apple Watch. My GAS (gear addiction syndrome for inquiring minds) was out of control for a few weeks. Bought too many early birthday presents!

Sep 19, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #47,790 of 62,439
I've tried dictation, it works, but typing and dictating are just plain flawless for me on the iPhone. I did pick up a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and it's fun. I do like the round face much better than my Apple Watch. My GAS (gear addiction syndrome for inquiring minds) was out of control for a few weeks. Bought too many early birthday presents!
Maybe dictation would work. I'm not dumping on the Fold. It's amazing tech. But I seem to get things done faster with the iphone as boring as it is. I think the home run form factor for the fold will be to go wider and shorter. Once the folder front cover is more usable to type, they will be on to something. Maybe next year.

What's the upcharge for those black APP? I remember looking once and thinking it was ridiculous and I'll live with white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back