Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 17, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #47,761 of 62,436
Yes, still using the qc1 quite often anc enjoying them. Since they are somewhat semi in ear, they don’t bang quite as hard.

Based on our recent exchange I thought I give the old x12 another spin … and oh boy … never before did I suffer that many connection drops! I think where I was running there was just too much interference by other runners. Was not any longer a joyful experience …
I use the original APP on occasion as well, and yeah, I guess my thud tolerance has increased. I also try to find music mixes in the cadence I want to run. That helps. (Check YT for 180BPM :wink: )
I tried running with my Bomaker SiFi II that I use on my home trainer normally as they have the best passive isolation I've heard (useful for the massive fan I use) and they stay in my ears reasonably well in spite of the heavy sweating.
Incredibly the "thud" was not bad at all in spite of the perfect seal and it's nice to have practically no outside noises, even the shoes hitting the ground. A real "bubble"!
Wouod

Sep 17, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #47,762 of 62,436
Also got my Bose Quiet Comfort II earbuds about an hour ago. I agree that the fit screws in with a great seal. I haven’t had a chance to try the ANC yet. The sound quality is punchy Bose style. Lots of base emphasis which can be toned down with the equalizer. I like the sound, but will neet more time to see if it might be fatiguing. One serious issue: The telephone quality doesn’t sound very good. I recorded my voice on my iphone and it was not great at all. I also noticed that when I dictate text messages it is laggy and inaccurate. When I remove the earbuds and just dictate straight to iphone on speaker, the dictation is fast and accurate. Hmm…

Sep 17, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #47,763 of 62,436
Bad news on the Bose. Software is buggy. All sorts of connection issues. Won't play. Disconnects. App doesn't work. Battery indicators seem wonky. Gonna give it some time but they are not playing nicely with my Fold.

Sep 17, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #47,766 of 62,436
Mine arrived an hour ago. Same conclusion. The fit is killer. Anc is soul sucking. Sound remains very good. Nice upgrade.
If you have a soul.

Pretty impressed so far. Honeymoon phase. I'll put them through the paces soon. Could've used them on an LA to NY flight, but my Momentum 4 cans did exceptionally well.

Sep 17, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #47,767 of 62,436
If you have a soul.

Pretty impressed so far. Honeymoon phase. I'll put them through the paces soon. Could've used them on an LA to NY flight, but my Momentum 4 cans did exceptionally well.
If possible I think Bose has pumped up the Bose sound. Sound like regular Bose on steroids. Booming bass. Clear highs. Sucked mids. But somehow it works.

Sep 18, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #47,768 of 62,436
Shiiiii, so my current prospects for new earbuds after my L3P's decided to leave my side I'm right now down to:

- Beyerdynamic Free Byrd
- Huawei Free Buds Pro 2
- Oppo Enco X2
- Bose QuietComfort II
- New pair of Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro's.

Anyone who has tried any or several of these and has any input or recommendations?

Sep 18, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #47,769 of 62,436
Shiiiii, so my current prospects for new earbuds after my L3P's decided to leave my side I'm right now down to:

- Beyerdynamic Free Byrd
- Huawei Free Buds Pro 2
- Oppo Enco X2
- Bose QuietComfort II

Anyone who has tried any or several of these and has any input or recommendations?
Really liking my Free Byrds, but have to admit that on recent plays the L3P managed to put a big smile on my face. I am mostly listening to bouncy beat things like house, disco, garage, edm, pop … so I appreciate a nice dynamic that gets me dancing / running.
Still waiting for my Bose 2, rls date in Japan is 29th

Sep 18, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #47,770 of 62,436
Really liking my Free Byrds, but have to admit that on recent plays the L3P managed to put a big smile on my face. I am mostly listening to bouncy beat things like house, disco, garage, edm, pop … so I appreciate a nice dynamic that gets me dancing / running.
Still waiting for my Bose 2, rls date in Japan is 29th
Yeah that's the thing, the L3P's never fail to make me think that the music just sounds amazing, sometimes awe-inspiring because of that sound stage that can sometimes sound way larger and more 3D than you would expect from a set of TWS earbuds.
They're also half as expensive as most of the other models I mentioned which also doesn't hurt!

Sep 18, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #47,771 of 62,436
Recently received the Buds2 Pro and wanted to share some quick thoughts compared to my other buds (B&O EQ and WF-1000MX4).

My ratings:
1. Sony WF-1000MX4 (9/10)
2. Galaxy Buds2 Pro (8.5/10)
3. B&O EQ (4/10)

Sony WF-1000MX4 - The best all-rounder, still the ANC king that works in windy conditions. The sound quality is really good after some tweaking of the EQ and totally competent in every department.

Galaxy Buds2 Pro - Impressed with how compact these are, almost half the size of the Sony. The buds disappear into my ears and are very comfortable, the most comfortable out of the 3. ANC is acceptable at about 80% performance of the Sony at a guess and can be used outside if slightly windy without too much annoyance. Sounds wise for me, they don't sound as pleasing as the Sony, quality wise they are about the same. The Buds2 is bassy and quite forward sounding which can make it feel cramped, could it be the compact size? It doesn't have the airy smoothness of the Sony. Connection when using a Samsung phone is great, connects instantly when you take it out of the case and have not experienced any BT drops.

B&O EQ - The best sounding buds, clarity and separation are unrivaled, but apart from that almost everything else is rubbish. ANC is average and only useable indoors, take it outside and if someone farts in front of you, it will sound like you're walking in gale-force winds. The buds are also on the bulky side and have a tendency to slowly try and escape from your ear hole. It wouldn't so bad if the touch control wasn't so overly sensitive and the touch area so large, that a slight touch of the bud will launch random actions. BT connection seemed fine and not experienced any drops. But the setup process and app are just awful.

20220918_150032.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #47,772 of 62,436

- Beyerdynamic Free Byrd
- Huawei Free Buds Pro 2
- Oppo Enco X2
- Bose QuietComfort II

The Free Buds Pro 2 are pretty solid... but only issue I personally have is the pinch gestures - using this gesture moves the bud too much and also fit is not perfect so ANC is not great for me (hard to find third-party tips)
Call quality is pretty solid and sound quality is nice too (liberty 3 pro still better - in fact not much can really compete with them)

Bose QC II.. wow... so disappointed - Yes ANC is fantastic! but I also wanted these for calls and call quality is inferior considering the tech involved (i got better call quality with the liberty 3 pro) also single bud mode is a none starter :frowning2: - as mentioned earlier software is also buggy - overall not worth it IMHO.

I've been on the lookout for the Enco x2 for a while (but don't like white buds and it's challenging to get the other colour).

Given the current prices of the L3 Pro if you were happy with them then try and get them again (for me I just couldn't get over how big they are so I ended up not using them much )
I would rate the 1more Evo highly as well if you can get SoundID to work for you (don't even bother with the EQ on those!)

Sep 18, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #47,773 of 62,436
Sent my MTW3 back to Sonova last Tuesday. My replacement pair is scheduled to arrive this Tuesday. Can't wait, they are my favorite pair of buds.

Sep 18, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #47,774 of 62,436
Recently received the Buds2 Pro and wanted to share some quick thoughts compared to my other buds (B&O EQ and WF-1000MX4).

My ratings:
1. Sony WF-1000MX4 (9/10)
2. Galaxy Buds2 Pro (8.5/10)
3. B&O EQ (4/10)

Sony WF-1000MX4 - The best all-rounder, still the ANC king that works in windy conditions. The sound quality is really good after some tweaking of the EQ and totally competent in every department.

Galaxy Buds2 Pro - Impressed with how compact these are, almost half the size of the Sony. The buds disappear into my ears and are very comfortable, the most comfortable out of the 3. ANC is acceptable at about 80% performance of the Sony at a guess and can be used outside if slightly windy without too much annoyance. Sounds wise for me, they don't sound as pleasing as the Sony, quality wise they are about the same. The Buds2 is bassy and quite forward sounding which can make it feel cramped, could it be the compact size? It doesn't have the airy smoothness of the Sony. Connection when using a Samsung phone is great, connects instantly when you take it out of the case and have not experienced any BT drops.

B&O EQ - The best sounding buds, clarity and separation are unrivaled, but apart from that almost everything else is rubbish. ANC is average and only useable indoors, take it outside and if someone farts in front of you, it will sound like you're walking in gale-force winds. The buds are also on the bulky side and have a tendency to slowly try and escape from your ear hole. It wouldn't so bad if the touch control wasn't so overly sensitive and the touch area so large, that the slight touch of the bud will launch random actions. BT connection seemed fine and not experienced all drops. But the setup process and app are just awful.

20220918_150032.jpg

I don't have the XM4's anymore to a/b but did they fix the attenuation at higher volumes? That was what ticked me off about them. They just got super muddy and warm after 75% and had to go. They did have good anc though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back