Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 15, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #47,731 of 62,439
Surprising exactly no one, I returned to e-earphone and caved in, pre-ordered the Bose QC II … just could not say no to the extra 10% pre-order discount. Which makes it a 229usd equivalent, incl tax.
I had a chance for some more listening, it was less hectic, I chose better tracks. I even tried some on the spot running to listen to thudding, but I am not sure if this simulation worked at all.
Sound wise just as I wanted, the usual Bose goodness. And I still think ANC can even be better with diff tips / bands.

If all goes well I get my set on 29th, at least that’s the official release date. But who knows, they might ship them earlier? :wink:
I can't wait to hear how you like it. I have 7 or 8 TWS and the Bose are still my favorite for ones that have NC. The Noble FoKus have better sound IMHO but no NC

Sep 15, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #47,732 of 62,439
The reviews on the Bose qc 2 are out. Getting very positive reviews, especially around the noise cancelling. Verge review has the Bose guy saying they believe the noise cancelling is better than the qc45s. The CNET review just seems to suggest/tease at the end of their review that if you’re aN iPhone user, the AP2 may be better .
Decisions decisions 😀

Sep 15, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #47,733 of 62,439
The reviews on the Bose qc 2 are out. Getting very positive reviews, especially around the noise cancelling. Verge review has the Bose guy saying they believe the noise cancelling is better than the qc45s. The CNET review just seems to suggest/tease at the end of their review that if you’re aN iPhone user, the AP2 may be better .
Decisions decisions 😀
my wallet quietly mumbles, "oh no..."

Sep 15, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #47,735 of 62,439
Any happen to own a set of Galaxy Buds2 Pro? Are the bore oval like the Original ?
Just got these in. They're round.

Wanted to try them and compare to EX.

Sep 16, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #47,737 of 62,439
Any EX owners able to update to 5.4 software yet? It shows its available, but I can't update
Yes, the thing is trash. It connected to the app but no sound is going to the buds. I gave up after waiting 20 mins for it to install and update only for it to not work.

Sep 16, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #47,738 of 62,439
Yes, the thing is trash. It connected to the app but no sound is going to the buds. I gave up after waiting 20 mins for it to install and update only for it to not work.
Maybe there was an issue with it, I saw a 5.4.9 version is out

Sep 16, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #47,741 of 62,439
saw the news about ath-twx9 and i immediately pre-ordered from amazon. …

very powerful bass and fun sounding tws as expected from ATH. there're a lot established names in this very competitive market. hope ATH will score and keep release better model.
Hello,

As I think about getting the sennheiser momentum tws 3 it would be interesting how you compare the twx9 to the mtws? Are these mtw2 or 3 on your photo?

(I am a bit unsure with the mtw3 as some people describe them as a little bit dull.)

Thanks

Sep 16, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #47,742 of 62,439
Hello,

As I think about getting the sennheiser momentum tws 3 it would be interesting how you compare the twx9 to the mtws? Are these mtw2 or 3 on your photo?

(I am a bit unsure with the mtw3 as some people describe them as a little bit dull.)

Thanks
it's mtw3. i'm a sennheiser fan and i really like the mtw3 a lot (but never try mtw2)! the m4w on the other hand is too fun sound tuning with too much bass.

ath-twx9 is also fun sound tuning with heavy mid-bass. the build quality, looks, design are great too. if you prefer more exciting sound, probably ath is a better choice. on both, anc is ok but not top notch (quite far from sony wf xm4). the price of the ath-twx9 is slightly cheaper i believe. it also got more bells and whistles like uv sanitizer, multipoint out of box and 360 reality audio. but always, the best way to determine is to demo yourself :)

Sep 16, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #47,743 of 62,439
Ok, thank you, @ddlo for the description. This sounds as if mtw3 would be more preferable for me.

Testing in ears is a little bit difficult I think. I do not like to send them back when they are used. So I tend to order the mtw3 and hope I like them as I like the Sennheiser IE8 or better.

Sep 16, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #47,744 of 62,439
Sep 16, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #47,745 of 62,439

Sound Demo - Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 vs. Moondrop Variations​

I compared the two IEMs because they have a similar frequency response. I'm mighty impressed by the Huawei, ymmv.

1663360726165.png

@DynamicEars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back