Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 30, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #46,981 of 62,267
The app states version 5.3.6
Me too, just wanted to make sure, I have one received one update since ownership.

To me, the ANC is middle of the pack, you can hear it kick in after a few seconds. Transparency mode, to my ears, is it biggest weakness. Price is also a major downer to some.

Jul 30, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #46,982 of 62,267
For some reason, my Pixel Buds Pro never arrived. I received a notice; Monday is the day I will receive them. I have not read much that puts them in the top-tier category, but for some reason they attracted my attention. They will share time with the EX, XM4 and Free Byrd so we will see. I do have others but not in the same class.

Jul 30, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #46,984 of 62,267
The Huawei free buds pro 2, with dual dynamic and planar drivers plus tuning by Devialet, are getting some universally strong acclaim. But I can't purchase them in the USA because apparently they will spy on me. So I hopped on over to Amazon UK where they happen to have a 15% coupon, and I was able to purchase them for $165 out the door shipped to US by this Friday. Who said globalism is dead?!
Very interested in your impressions of SQ as well as fit!! These look like they would actually fit in my snallish ears - - so far none of the better-sounding tier of tws have fit me well, including noble fp :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #46,985 of 62,267
Very interested in your impressions of SQ as well as fit!! These look like they would actually fit in my snallish ears - - so far none of the better-sounding tier of tws have fit me well, including noble fp :frowning2:
The EX don't fit?

Jul 31, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #46,988 of 62,267
I'm sure you're covered by Noble if they're a Noble dealer. That said, once you have the Fokus Pro, there isn't really a reason to return them if you want one, if not the best sounding TWS out there right now. I actually may repurchase them at this price. I sold mine for more than these would cost me!
Why did you sell?

Jul 31, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #46,989 of 62,267
Why did you sell?
Bought the H-ANC and the Fokus Pro weren't getting love. Recently, returned and sold off some TWS so they're now on the way back because of this sale! They're that great in my opinion. Ugh.

Jul 31, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #46,990 of 62,267
Few days with the EX and I will write little about them later, but I have a question. My unit defaults to ANC on everytime I place them in to the case. Also I think the call setting changes.

Is this a known bug that everyone has?

Jul 31, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #46,991 of 62,267
Bought the H-ANC and the Fokus Pro weren't getting love. Recently, returned and sold off some TWS so they're now on the way back because of this sale! They're that great in my opinion. Ugh.
How would you compare the fokus pro and the EX? Same universe in overall quality? Sound quality, mic quality, battery, etc

Jul 31, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #46,993 of 62,267
Nice review, I love the Beyer sound, makes any music sound nice, do you think they are secure enough for running + workouts?
that is a brilliant question and really depends on your ears ... I have not dared a run with them yet, but work out i did ..
somehow, when I put them in first and my ears are bone dry, they tend to slip out, but after a while (and a bit re-adjustement) they seem to sit very securely ... but only if I really use my old earplugs technique (which includes pulling down the earlobe and then twist the buds deeper in

I am really happy with them and use them also a lot on my Mac now .. switching between mac & iphone is as easy as it is with the XM4, you bascially just grab the connection with whatever device you are on, no need to unpair./ forget anuthing first

Jul 31, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #46,994 of 62,267
Came across this article about the Beat Fits Pro from a long term use perspective and was wondering if anyone here has tried them and if so how's the overall SQ? Runner's thump?
I use them a LOT for running actually .. I think I have grown to ignore runner's thump in general, but these thump on the lighter side .. like the APP, they are not totally wedged into your earhole. What I enjoy most is that they have consistently reliable in terms of battery / charging / staying charged ... my APP are bugging me these days with the right one keep playing music while in case and in general being empty when I want to go for a run ...

Jul 31, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #46,995 of 62,267
Very curious about this claim. They basically look like AirPods 3 (they are called the Storm 3) but with ANC? Hmmmm … tempting. Let’s see if anyone has reviewed them yet.

5D366205-4668-4EE5-9087-76DF79BAD615.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back