Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 29, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #46,966 of 62,776
Heads up Guys & Girls …UK retailer Hifiheadphones are have a Camjam sale this weekend … They have the noble audio FoKus Pro going for only £199
That's a STEAL. Even if you get it shipped to the states with a 5% off coupon, it's only $225.

Jul 29, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #46,967 of 62,776
Can't find any reviews out there. Curious, but man, I can never seem to fit those styles in my ears well. Please do report back when you have them in hand!
Pretty sure that trend would continue with these as far as fit. They do a good job with the stock tips being wide with the flair or taper on them. With other more traditional tips some more length or width is probably needed.

Jul 29, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #46,968 of 62,776
Anyone try the Lypertek PurePlay Z7 Triple Hybrid Driver? I would be curious how they compare to Fokus pro

Jul 29, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #46,969 of 62,776
That's a STEAL. Even if you get it shipped to the states with a 5% off coupon, it's only $225.
It would be expensive to return if opened.. Says "Products that have contact with the ear, nose or throat can only be returned for a full refund if sent back with hygiene seals unbroken and in unused condition (you must exercise reasonable care when evaluating the product as you would in a shop)."

On top of that, there is return cost, which would be out of own pocket.

It would be a costly return for any reason.

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #46,971 of 62,776
Pretty sure that trend would continue with these as far as fit. They do a good job with the stock tips being wide with the flair or taper on them. With other more traditional tips some more length or width is probably needed.
Unless you prove me wrong, I'll probably pass. I'm worried they'll look like cruise ships in my ears.

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #46,972 of 62,776
Anyone try the Lypertek PurePlay Z7 Triple Hybrid Driver? I would be curious how they compare to Fokus pro
I saw one or two folks post their impressions in this thread about half a year ago. IIRC the sound quality was very good but the build quality, QC, and size/fitment is bad.
Tried then ages ago when they first came out. They're the same shell as the Noble Falcon Pro, except the NFP is tuned better imo. Fit is odd too, they go in deep. Hey now.

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #46,973 of 62,776
It would be expensive to return if opened.. Says "Products that have contact with the ear, nose or throat can only be returned for a full refund if sent back with hygiene seals unbroken and in unused condition (you must exercise reasonable care when evaluating the product as you would in a shop)."

On top of that, there is return cost, which would be out of own pocket.

It would be a costly return for any reason.
I'm sure you're covered by Noble if they're a Noble dealer. That said, once you have the Fokus Pro, there isn't really a reason to return them if you want one, if not the best sounding TWS out there right now. I actually may repurchase them at this price. I sold mine for more than these would cost me!

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #46,974 of 62,776
The Huawei free buds pro 2, with dual dynamic and planar drivers plus tuning by Devialet, are getting some universally strong acclaim. But I can't purchase them in the USA because apparently they will spy on me. So I hopped on over to Amazon UK where they happen to have a 15% coupon, and I was able to purchase them for $165 out the door shipped to US by this Friday. Who said globalism is dead?!

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #46,975 of 62,776
I do think they are a bit of an odd bird. Worth the $99 price of admission. Not really worth it at $300 these days with newer stuff.

Usual JVC lady with an asian accent giving power, pairing, and connected messages. Odd that there is a guy that speaks English with no accent at all will give one message saying the bluetooth is disconnected or device cannot be found. ANC/Ambient/ Voice Enhancement and any other commands do not have voice prompts.

Case is odd. Cool with the button and easy to open and close with one hand. Is showing fingerprints. It does fit the earphones with tips as long as the Sedna Earfits longer type. Case has the R on the left side and the L on the right side so you have to get used to remembering that. Qi works fine.

The stock tips are good for them and are pretty nice. I am also using the M body pieces. These pieces help them be a bit more stable and can give more iso but they don't lock in like fins. So the buds are only gonna stay in with the ear tip fit and seal. I have had the 9.5 gram weight of the earbuds make them fall out of my ear with some tips I have tried. These will be more picky for fit.

The earphones have wear sensors but seem to only use them to save battery life. Can't shut them off in the app. So, harder to burn them in since they won't play if I am not wearing them. The odd part, like I said, is they only seem to want to save battery. If you take the R out it will shut off and vice versa. Doesn't pause the music. The other side will keep playing but you hear the side you take out stop playing.

App is fine gets the job done but not many features. You can't reassign control functions. You can add voice enhancement and set the levels of VE, ambient, and ANC levels when you cycle with the button. I have ambient and ANC set to high each. You can shut the LED off so it doesn't blink when playing which is good for bedroom situations when you might not want to see it.

Controls are good for me. A bit of a learning curve. L button cycles Ambient, ANC, and Off(gives a double beep). R button just answers and rejects calls. L touch panel swipes up and down for volume. Half swipe for one step. Full swipe for two steps at a time. Tap of L touch panel is Play/pause. R touch panel is 1 tap for play/pause, 2 taps for FF and 3 taps for rewind. Swipe on the R side cycles through the ANC and ambient levels. Tap and hold R pauses music and turns ambient on.

Ambient I really like. A smidge of hiss but otherwise really natural to me and good for voices. Outside of the little bit of hiss I think it is my favorite for how it is presented and interacting with people. ANC is the lower frequency type and is slight in amount but if you fit the earphones right they do have good passive. It can be quite a decent difference from Ambient to how much noise is cancelled. More of it does come from the passive side. ANC doesn't alter the sound outside of hearing what is playing a bit more.

Still want to burn them in and decide on tips but the sound is quite good. Clean and pretty tight out of the box. Big and roomy in all dimensions. Sounds right. No weaknesses. Nothing odd here and happy with this aspect them since I first heard them. Nice volume but not the loudest TWS.

A bit odd or quirky. Still quite good. They show their 1.5 year age with no MP or adaptive and their size is from back before the likes of Sony, JVC, and AT started to make things smaller.
How do they compare to the noble fokus H anc, xm4, devialet, b&o eq/ex and the free byrd?

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #46,976 of 62,776
The Huawei free buds pro 2, with dual dynamic and planar drivers plus tuning by Devialet, are getting some universally strong acclaim. But I can't purchase them in the USA because apparently they will spy on me. So I hopped on over to Amazon UK where they happen to have a 15% coupon, and I was able to purchase them for $165 out the door shipped to US by this Friday. Who said globalism is dead?!
I'll be eagerly awaiting your thoughts...

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #46,977 of 62,776
Unless you prove me wrong, I'll probably pass. I'm worried they'll look like cruise ships in my ears.
Maybe more like aircraft carriers...
1659145113484.png
:)

IMG_2003.JPG
IMG_2007.JPG

Jul 30, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #46,978 of 62,776
Yes - mine doesn't. After - admittedly only one test - the case lost only 1-2% in 24 hours
Same here. Left my EX untouched for 8 days after fully charging them and when I picked them up 8 days later they were at 91%.
Pretty solid actually…

Speaking of the EX: I really dig their sound and haven’t used my APP or Galaxy Buds Pro in a long while as a result. Certainly the best TWS I have heard so far (including the XM4 and MTW3). I just found their anc to be rather poor. However, after the last software update I feel the EX’s ANC improved quite significantly. Can anyone confirm this or did I just get used to them? Unfortunately their transparency mode remains poor…

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #46,979 of 62,776
Same here. Left my EX untouched for 8 days after fully charging them and when I picked them up 8 days later they were at 91%.
Pretty solid actually…

Speaking of the EX: I really dig their sound and haven’t used my APP or Galaxy Buds Pro in a long while as a result. Certainly the best TWS I have heard so far (including the XM4 and MTW3). I just found their anc to be rather poor. However, after the last software update I feel the EX’s ANC improved quite significantly. Can anyone confirm this or did I just get used to them? Unfortunately their transparency mode remains poor…
Out of curiosity, what software version are you on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back