Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 28, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #46,936 of 62,420
In their now successful quest to be the TWS quantity champion, JVC continues the onslaught. Of course the Victor line needs some sports ear phones right? We think Victor we think sports... https://www.victor.jp/press/2022/press-220728/
1659011152143.png

Also Elecom releasing their first ANC model...
1659011274309.png

Super light 3.5 grams each side. LL, transparency, ANC, and earplug(ANC w/o a device connection) modes. Interesting that the touch area is at the bottom portion of the stem.

Jul 28, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #46,937 of 62,420
or the Beyerdymanic orange :D
They don't have the guts. They should have done an orange with black trim and tips Free Byrd. I have a couple orange models around here. An Elecom earphone, a Philips sports headphone. I almost bought the Aviot in the orange but while the case looked great the buds didn't.
1659012204868.png

Jul 28, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #46,940 of 62,420
It is big and it is one that in it's time the concept scared people away but I am in for a Kenwood Smart Headset. I will mostly be using it as a true wireless. Should have it by tomorrow since B&H is not far away from me and expedited shipping is included free. Few impressions but all good. If the person with this collection gave them 5 stars I see no reason not to try for $99...
1659032382267.png

Could be cool though with directions in the car or checking the weather. Some Google assistant stuff might be fun at times.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #46,942 of 62,420
It is big and it is one that in it's time the concept scared people away but I am in for a Kenwood Smart Headset. I will mostly be using it as a true wireless. Should have it by tomorrow since B&H is not far away from me and expedited shipping is included free. Few impressions but all good. If the person with this collection gave them 5 stars I see no reason not to try for $99...
1659032382267.png
Could be cool though with directions in the car or checking the weather. Some Google assistant stuff might be fun at times.
Can't find any reviews out there. Curious, but man, I can never seem to fit those styles in my ears well. Please do report back when you have them in hand!

Jul 28, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #46,943 of 62,420
Can't find any reviews out there. Curious, but man, I can never seem to fit those styles in my ears well. Please do report back when you have them in hand!

Very odd the concept of smart headset seemed scared people. JVC using Indiegogo to fund it and test out what people thought in November 2020. Think it only got like $1,200 and 5 backers @$199 early bird. They showed up on Amazon on Jan 4, 2021. Obviously $329 scared many off as well. Handful of Japanese customer type reviews and an impression in a Phileweb article. No questions or reviews on Amazon.

1659038633886.png

Still the JVC fish mouth nozzle and oval part to go in the ear. Think they should fit me fine. Not sure about with the stock tips though. Looks like a good wind break with the shape and they put the touch strip in. At least if they are big they put the size to use. Nice touch panel to adjust volume, ANC, and ambient levels. These do seem smaller on the inside than others like the XM3 and Philips Fidelio.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #46,944 of 62,420
Did not really get along as well as I thought with my Aviot...
1659044593262.png

Well regarded and an Amazon's Choice but they had been sitting in the drawer. Couple days ago I brought them out to check again since I got the MEE tips and the EPro TWS tips now. Bang, boom, I peeled the screens off and stuck them on wax paper for future use and slapped the EPro on them and damn if they are not my favorite sounding right now. They have the W sound with up front mids so they had a good tuning but the screens gone and the EPro fix the tone just enough. Screens gone make them a bit crisper and dynamic. The good mids up front and the bass is a little bubbly down low with some feel and crisp snares up higher with speed and a proper less impression of feel. Fun, fun bass. Guitars are even better. They really groove. The Aviot have always had good placement and imaging and decent depth. A little more dynamic and the truer tone makes a noticeable difference. Treble is still up well as part of the "W" sig but just right even w/o the screens. Well behaved as far as peaks and cymbals are neither buried/smoothed over nor aggressive. Toe tapping bass, groovalizer guitar and upper bass notes, just right mids and well integrated fairly correct treble in a good 3D soundscape with some new found clarity and sharpness of note. A bit cleaner than the Yamaha. I can't say they destroy them but they are better. They do kick them on engaging and pulling me in to a more lively and better presented performance. Contemplating removing the screens from my SoundMagic as they are second favorite now still a bit ahead of the Yamaha E5B. Always nice to take one out of the drawer tweak it and be rewarded. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #46,945 of 62,420
Surprised Fokus H-Anc is not on Amazon or any other reseller. I guess they probably made a small number of them so kept them on own site. I'm waiting for the blue.

For Android users with the H-anc... Do you guys get the sense of missing aptx? Or is aac sufficient?
I’d be reluctant to buy an AAC tws for use on Android. Per sound guys, aac implementation on Android can be iffy. I think there are better options for android users. Kind of surprised they skipped the Aptx.

Jul 28, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #46,946 of 62,420
I’d be reluctant to buy an AAC tws for use on Android. Per sound guys, aac implementation on Android can be iffy. I think there are better options for android users. Kind of surprised they skipped the Aptx.
Interesting in that scenario, Falcon ANC vs. Fokus H ANC for sound anyway. On Android, Falcon with the Snapdragon sound capable aptX adaptive and FoKus H ANC with AAC but adding an armature.

Jul 28, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #46,947 of 62,420
Interesting in that scenario, Falcon ANC vs. Fokus H ANC for sound anyway. On Android, Falcon with the Snapdragon sound capable aptX adaptive and FoKus H ANC with AAC but adding an armature.
I had both, but I'm in the Apple eco, so AAC only. I do prefer the H-ANC by far. Use the H-ANC every day.

That said, today I'm obsessing about the new Adidas buds because of the deal. Well worth the price here: https://www.adidas.com/us/headphones picked up the 01 and 02 and used Honey to get over $20 more back.

Jul 28, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #46,948 of 62,420
I’d go with the H ANC as between the two. I never cared for the sound on the Falcon.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #46,949 of 62,420
The Free Byrds have landed! One day earlier than expected. Nice!
Actually my very first Beyerdynamics anything.

Took me a while to actually get to hear music from them: Connection was easy, app I had already installed, but of course, first a FW update ... then set up and hearing test ... there is a fun statistic page in the app that showed me that while the buds already had 1h24m 'uptime', not a single second of music.

Then on to the eartip fitting ... No surprise that XL fit best, I tried L first, but one size up is ideal. I also tried the biggest squishy foam, but I could not achieve seal ...
While the seal with the XL is great, the fit does not feel very stable ... I might steal the spinfits off my XM4 to try them next ... But I am not really planning on running with them anyways ... I can see how fit can be a concern for ppl ... as long as I am not moving too much I am ok ...

Now to the sound

just WOW !!!!

I can't put it in many eloquent words, but these make me happy ... I think in some review I read 'multilayered' and now I know what they meant .. the separation is excellent .. the dynamic makes me smile ...

The ANC works well, not XM4 / Bose QC level, but very good overall, will test on an actual plane in a week.
Nice review, I love the Beyer sound, makes any music sound nice, do you think they are secure enough for running + workouts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back