Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 28, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #46,951 of 62,188
This week, or all time? Ha ha!

Not necessarily in this order, but: Noble Audio Fokus Pro, B&O Beoplay EQ, M&D MW08 Sport, Thieaudio Monarch MK2 on the FiiO UTWS5 adapters, SeeAudio Midnight on the Shure TW2 adapter, Shure Aonic Free, LG Tone Free FP8, Sony Linkbuds, Black Colorware Apple AirPods Pro, B&W PI7, AirPods Max. My list will be dwindling soon to add the new breeds.
Awesome collection my friend! I’m using the Monarch MK2 + FiiO UTWS5 too. I still have the UTWS3 but no IEMs to connect to them. My JH Lola don’t fit in the case.

I wonder what would be good to pick up? Maybe something in the sub $1K range

Jul 28, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #46,952 of 62,188
Take it from this old man with tinnitus from hell. Protect your ears. If you need to max it, something is wrong. Sorry for the lecture but I’m telling you you don’t want what I have.
That sucks… I was getting a ringing a month or so ago and cut way back on volume and use my open ear headphones where I can. It went away fortunately

Jul 28, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #46,953 of 62,188
Do you find the Gemini stick out too much? They look a bit large in photos.

I do often use tws in bed while reading a book so I find myself wondering if taps would register with pillow rubbing against it. Especially if it sticks out too much
Ya I like the Geminis a lot but there’s no way a side sleeper could wear them. I also get a thumping sound on the treadmill or even when i chew food. But aside from those activities they sound pretty great

Jul 28, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #46,954 of 62,188
Awesome collection my friend! I’m using the Monarch MK2 + FiiO UTWS5 too. I still have the UTWS3 but no IEMs to connect to them. My JH Lola don’t fit in the case.

I wonder what would be good to pick up? Maybe something in the sub $1K range
I swapped out my MK2s and have been using the Sennheiser IE600 and the Moondrop S8 on the Fiio UTWS3 and Shure TW2 Gen 2. Honestly, I'm enjoying them much more! :metal::metal:

Jul 29, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #46,955 of 62,188
B&H has the old Kenwood flagship on sale, both Alexa and Google versions for $99
1658960635511.png
Old but still 5.2 with 8 hours battery life and has Qi charging but it won't have MP and only has up to aptX. 10mm Be drivers and slide control on the buds for ANC and ambient strength adjustment. Still more a "smart" headset and very app based or voice assistant based.
https://www.kenwood.com/usa/smartheadsets/headsets/ws-a1_a1g/cp/
Can you tell me how they sound?

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #46,956 of 62,188
Can you tell me how they sound?
Later on today I can. :)

Nuarl releasing new tips....
1659103230346.png

One type silicone and one type foam. Not sure if any are very excited by them. I know the Block Ear+ that came with the N6 Pro 2 made the bass sound noticeably less than it was capable. The words "blanket", "wooly", and "syrupy" come to mind. Hopefully they did better. Guess these are what will be included with their X47 and X77 TWS when they drop.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #46,957 of 62,188
Thanks for the info, and hopefully you can find something that's ideal for you.

Did you try AZLA Xelastec, or AZLA Crystal Tips?

It seems those are some of the best 3rd party Earphone Tips on the market.

Also, which Brands and Models of aftermarket Tips do you like?

Does anybody else have an opinion on which Tips (stock or 3rd party) are best for the Noble Fokus Pros?
My favorite ones are Acoustune AET08 Eartip

Jul 29, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #46,958 of 62,188
I sold the Geminis due to the pops I got with chewing etc..

Trying to explain this... :)
When putting a finger in the ears, and chew, I feel movements in the jaw affecting the inside of the left ear canal that's noticably different vs the right ear.
I guess this movement is what making the adaptive ANC react?

Edit: It's no problem with ANC off.
Same exact issue for me

Jul 29, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #46,959 of 62,188
Not too bad... https://www.amazon.com/T5-True-Wire...71f1c&pd_rd_wg=Wgc9O&pd_rd_i=B088S7FYZ4&psc=1

The Mclaren Sport with the charging pad for $99. If you don't want the pad the non-Mclaren Sport in black is only $79. If you want the Mclaren T5-II ANC model they are $149.
I wonder if anyone else is having this issue with the Mcclaren. If mine sit in the case for a while, they automatically connect to my iPhone. My theory is that when the case battery is fully drained, they automatically turn on. And when I open the app at that point I can’t find the buds

Jul 29, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #46,960 of 62,188
Charging this beast as we speak...
IMG_2000.JPG
Got the cool hidden LED thing going....
IMG_2001.JPG

Jul 29, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #46,961 of 62,188
Charging this beast as we speak...
IMG_2000.JPG
Got the cool hidden LED thing going....
IMG_2001.JPG
Stick that sucker in your front shirt pocket. Could save you in a gunfight.

Jul 29, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #46,964 of 62,188
Heads up Guys & Girls …UK retailer Hifiheadphones are have a Camjam sale this weekend … They have the noble audio FoKus Pro going for only £199
I am so disappointed now :frowning2: i already blew all my money earmarked for fun things on other stuff because i had no prospects of new earbuds that were available that seemed worth it, and now the earbuds I've been wanting to check out the most are available for such a good price :frowning2: damn
Not to mention I won't be able to afford them until October at the very earliest now. Bummer!

Jul 29, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #46,965 of 62,188
Eagerly waiting to read your take.
I don’t need anything new but I definitely like odd stuff lol

I do think they are a bit of an odd bird. Worth the $99 price of admission. Not really worth it at $300 these days with newer stuff.

Usual JVC lady with an asian accent giving power, pairing, and connected messages. Odd that there is a guy that speaks English with no accent at all will give one message saying the bluetooth is disconnected or device cannot be found. ANC/Ambient/ Voice Enhancement and any other commands do not have voice prompts.

Case is odd. Cool with the button and easy to open and close with one hand. Is showing fingerprints. It does fit the earphones with tips as long as the Sedna Earfits longer type. Case has the R on the left side and the L on the right side so you have to get used to remembering that. Qi works fine.

The stock tips are good for them and are pretty nice. I am also using the M body pieces. These pieces help them be a bit more stable and can give more iso but they don't lock in like fins. So the buds are only gonna stay in with the ear tip fit and seal. I have had the 9.5 gram weight of the earbuds make them fall out of my ear with some tips I have tried. These will be more picky for fit.

The earphones have wear sensors but seem to only use them to save battery life. Can't shut them off in the app. So, harder to burn them in since they won't play if I am not wearing them. The odd part, like I said, is they only seem to want to save battery. If you take the R out it will shut off and vice versa. Doesn't pause the music. The other side will keep playing but you hear the side you take out stop playing.

App is fine gets the job done but not many features. You can't reassign control functions. You can add voice enhancement and set the levels of VE, ambient, and ANC levels when you cycle with the button. I have ambient and ANC set to high each. You can shut the LED off so it doesn't blink when playing which is good for bedroom situations when you might not want to see it.

Controls are good for me. A bit of a learning curve. L button cycles Ambient, ANC, and Off(gives a double beep). R button just answers and rejects calls. L touch panel swipes up and down for volume. Half swipe for one step. Full swipe for two steps at a time. Tap of L touch panel is Play/pause. R touch panel is 1 tap for play/pause, 2 taps for FF and 3 taps for rewind. Swipe on the R side cycles through the ANC and ambient levels. Tap and hold R pauses music and turns ambient on.

Ambient I really like. A smidge of hiss but otherwise really natural to me and good for voices. Outside of the little bit of hiss I think it is my favorite for how it is presented and interacting with people. ANC is the lower frequency type and is slight in amount but if you fit the earphones right they do have good passive. It can be quite a decent difference from Ambient to how much noise is cancelled. More of it does come from the passive side. ANC doesn't alter the sound outside of hearing what is playing a bit more.

Still want to burn them in and decide on tips but the sound is quite good. Clean and pretty tight out of the box. Big and roomy in all dimensions. Sounds right. No weaknesses. Nothing odd here and happy with this aspect them since I first heard them. Nice volume but not the loudest TWS.

A bit odd or quirky. Still quite good. They show their 1.5 year age with no MP or adaptive and their size is from back before the likes of Sony, JVC, and AT started to make things smaller.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back