Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 19, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #46,741 of 62,380
Anyone can do a comparison between the Noble Fokus pro and the Sony wf1000 xm4? I am contemplating to get either one of them. Thanks!

Jul 20, 2022 at 1:58 AM Post #46,742 of 62,380
Haven't been following this thread for a while so I might have missed out: has anyone tried the Oppo Enco X2? I have 3 TWS on my radar and it's the only one that I can easily buy right now (other 2 being the Pixel Buds Pro and Huawei Freebuds Pro 2).

Getting it from China, it should cost me around $140 and it has a few interesting features that I'm interested to test out, like smart ANC, dynamic+ planar drivers, sound tuning by Dynaudio and Joe Hisaishi tuned EQ, bone conducting microphones etc.

Jul 20, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #46,743 of 62,380
In the meantime, on the hilarious budget front: I caved in and just had to find out what the deal is with those: ANC for less than 15€? Can it be true? Well… the answer is multi pronged.
3E631494-CF64-4517-985F-17365C945BD1.jpeg

First of all, no idea why it says Yagusol … this is the Axloie F1, comes with a fairly unique/ attractive case, comes with 4 sets of tips (instead of the usual 3) and 3 pairs of rubber rings / edges / wings …with coupon they were 10% off -14.39€
The reviews on amzn de are pretty bad, one guy complains about the California mandated lead is bad sticker, most people complain about sound & ANC … but here is the kicker: this has all to do IMHO with no one getting a proper seal, which is admittedly quite tricky.
See the 2 ear pics. Top: I have the right one in right ear, but totally over twisted (also smallest / no wing) … pictures show they are supposed to dangle down like airpod stems.
Second image: left bud in right ear! Stem in up position. Both of those may look weird, but sound is pretty nice, not cheap sounding at all (from my little testing) and ANC is definitely working. Pretty well actually, testing with a fan right now.
Now, I am just curious about battery behavior… they arrived pretty empty and are charging now.
YMMV
Only 10 left :wink:

Jul 20, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #46,746 of 62,380
Haven't been following this thread for a while so I might have missed out: has anyone tried the Oppo Enco X2? I have 3 TWS on my radar and it's the only one that I can easily buy right now (other 2 being the Pixel Buds Pro and Huawei Freebuds Pro 2).

Getting it from China, it should cost me around $140 and it has a few interesting features that I'm interested to test out, like smart ANC, dynamic+ planar drivers, sound tuning by Dynaudio and Joe Hisaishi tuned EQ, bone conducting microphones etc.
Would recommend FreeBuds Pro 2 if you can get them vs the Oppo Enco X2. Also Google will release next week their new Pixel buds with upgraded features , ANC,etc. So it may be worth pausing for a couple of weeks and look at the new releases

Jul 20, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #46,747 of 62,380
What's up fellas!? I don't know if you've seen this or related content here on these pages. Who am I kidding it's probably been talked about to death. I haven't been on here lately as I've been silly busy at the website but I saw this from the boys at DHRME. Ya know the YouTube channel. Here is a link to their site giving a kind of an overview of the new LC3 codec. Also they have a link on their page where you can hear actual differences in some of the other codes compared to LC3... Guys it's pretty impressive. Everyone who frequents this page should be at least slightly excited. This will be a game changer for wireless audio. https://www.dhrme.nl/wireless-audio-is-about-to-change-forever/
Take care fellas

Extremely interesting. Thanks for sharing this.

Let’s just hope, like he says, that Apple doesn’t debunk this.

Jul 20, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #46,748 of 62,380
Would recommend FreeBuds Pro 2 if you can get them vs the Oppo Enco X2. Also Google will release next week their new Pixel buds with upgraded features , ANC,etc. So it may be worth pausing for a couple of weeks and look at the new releases

Any reason why you recommend the Freebuds Pro 2 over the Oppo Enco X2? Have you tried both and preferred the former?

Jul 20, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #46,749 of 62,380
If knows a good tip to use with the Beyerdynamic Free Byrd, please throw out suggestions. I've tried all the stock tips and so many great other options, but man, these things will not stay put. One step away from a return here.

Jul 20, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #46,750 of 62,380
If knows a good tip to use with the Beyerdynamic Free Byrd, please throw out suggestions. I've tried all the stock tips and so many great other options, but man, these things will not stay put. One step away from a return here.
Makes me sad to read this. I hate when that happens with buds. Here especially. I just love these and get auch a great fit with the stock tips. Didn't even have to start tip rolling. Ear shapes really can be strange sometimes.

Jul 20, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #46,751 of 62,380
But why won't they stay put? Meaning do you think a longer tip is what you need or wider. How is the case for romm for tips. *Obviously standard Sedna Earfits would be the best case depth test. More info makes it easier to solve.

Jul 20, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #46,752 of 62,380
But why won't they stay put? Meaning do you think a longer tip is what you need or wider. How is the case for romm for tips. *Obviously standard Sedna Earfits would be the best case depth test. More info makes it easier to solve.
Tried the Azla, you name it. Longer, wider, foam. It's the way the bud is designed. Keeps pushing out of my ears. I had the same issue with the Yamaha, Cleer, etc that use that similar shell. Awful because the BFB sound really good.

Jul 20, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #46,753 of 62,380
Makes me sad to read this. I hate when that happens with buds. Here especially. I just love these and get auch a great fit with the stock tips. Didn't even have to start tip rolling. Ear shapes really can be strange sometimes.
You're right and lucky! I love the sound and everything works so well. I find myself changing tips every few hours and nothing seems to sit well. So very frustrating.

Jul 20, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #46,754 of 62,380
Jul 20, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #46,755 of 62,380
Tried the Azla, you name it. Longer, wider, foam. It's the way the bud is designed. Keeps pushing out of my ears. I had the same issue with the Yamaha, Cleer, etc that use that similar shell. Awful because the BFB sound really good.
Maybe something like this from the MEE set will work...
IMG_1990.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back