Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 11, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #46,591 of 63,214
Hope someone can help me out. I have the opportunity of buying both the B&O EX and the Sennies MTW3 for the same price (insane). I know sound is subjective, but if I wanted a pair of earbuds with the bigger soubdstage between the two, which sould I choose? I honestly only care about the comfort (which will vastly differ from person to person) and sound.

I owned the B&O EQ and Sennies MTW2 before, and loved both of them, altho I thought that the TW2's could have sounded more "fun."
I very much prefer the sound of the EX, but the ANC and Transparency mode is much better on the MTW3. I returned my MTW3 and have kept the EX since day one. They also sound better than the EQs to my ears.

Jul 12, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #46,593 of 63,214
Nice to see there's still a lot of action here!
I'm less active as I have settled on the Earfun TWS, Free Pro 1 (customizable EQ with Oluv but poor ANC), Free Pro 2 (no custom EQ but good ANC) anf Air Pro 2 (same tech as Free Pro 2 but Airpod style, easier to wear longer). Bomaker SiFI 2 for isolation when riding on my home trainer.
Oh and Sabbat X12 for running of course!

Jul 12, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #46,594 of 63,214
Hope someone can help me out. I have the opportunity of buying both the B&O EX and the Sennies MTW3 for the same price (insane). I know sound is subjective, but if I wanted a pair of earbuds with the bigger soubdstage between the two, which sould I choose? I honestly only care about the comfort (which will vastly differ from person to person) and sound.

I owned the B&O EQ and Sennies MTW2 before, and loved both of them, altho I thought that the TW2's could have sounded more "fun."
For the same price??

EX of course! At least if sound quality is the main priority. ANC and transparency are both better on the MTW3, as stated here before. Call quality is a bit better on the EX as well but both are pretty good there.

I've said it a couple of times here, I got my MTW3 for 187€ and the EX for the regular 399€ and in that case, the MTW3 are the much better deal or bang for the buck, imo. For the same price though, I'd definitely take the EX.

Jul 12, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #46,595 of 63,214
Ah well, that didn't take too long (again), did it?

Beyerdynamic Free Byrd will arrive here today. Excited. Let's see how big of a problem their size will be and of course how they are going to sound. It will be a nice comparison to the MTW3 and the B&O EX as well.

Jul 12, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #46,596 of 63,214
Great deal ($249) on Amazon US for the Bowers & Wilkins PI7 True Wireless in-Ear Headphones (Charcoal) https://a.co/d/iqZBwTK

Jul 12, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #46,597 of 63,214
Ah well, that didn't take too long (again), did it?

Beyerdynamic Free Byrd will arrive here today. Excited. Let's see how big of a problem their size will be and of course how they are going to sound. It will be a nice comparison to the MTW3 and the B&O EX as well.
Nice! Mine arrive Friday here in the US.

Jul 12, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #46,598 of 63,214
Jul 12, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #46,599 of 63,214
Nice to see there's still a lot of action here!
I'm less active as I have settled on the Earfun TWS, Free Pro 1 (customizable EQ with Oluv but poor ANC), Free Pro 2 (no custom EQ but good ANC) anf Air Pro 2 (same tech as Free Pro 2 but Airpod style, easier to wear longer). Bomaker SiFI 2 for isolation when riding on my home trainer.
Oh and Sabbat X12 for running of course!
The Fiil version of the earfun free pro 2 are still one of my favorites. Saw on prime day for 48€ for those still interested.
As mentioned earlier, my Sabbat have become somewhat unreliable in terms of charging. I am running these days with the Bose QC, AirPods Pro, Beatsfit Pro …

Jul 12, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #46,601 of 63,214
Great news: I have just installed the latest firmware update (version 5.4.1.), and lo and behold, the MW08 now support Multipoint connections. I guess the same applies to MW08 Sport, too.

On the aural side, I’m not that satisfied, as bass became a tad boomier again, just as it was before the last firmware update. Hope M&D will correct this and pushes the bass “weight” again towards the lower frequencies with a future update…

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #46,602 of 63,214
The Fiil version of the earfun free pro 2 are still one of my favorites. Saw on prime day for 48€ for those still interested.
As mentioned earlier, my Sabbat have become somewhat unreliable in terms of charging. I am running these days with the Bose QC, AirPods Pro, Beatsfit Pro …
Not too annoyed by the inevitable "thump" or have you found a way around that with specific settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back