Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 26, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #46,336 of 62,492
So far, I've only used the stock silicone ones they come with in size L. They fit perfectly so not in a hurry to tip roll but will still try the foam ones and maybe some other ones down the road. What are other EX users using with regard to tips?

And no, I haven't played around much with the neutral mode after listening to it once. Any recommendations are still welcome of course :)
I use and like the stock large also.

Jun 26, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #46,337 of 62,492
Enjoying the Yamaha 5B so much I just ordered the 7B off Amazon Japan for delivery next week. Showdown!!!
Liked the TWS EPro so I bought the regular EP00 for my Waist Drum and for the E5B. Wasn't liking the TWS EPro on the Yammy but the regular is a good match.
IMG_1980.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #46,338 of 62,492
Liked the TWS EPro so I bought the regular EP00 for my Waist drum and for the E5B. Wasn't liking the TWS EPro on the Yammy but the regular is a good match.
IMG_1980.JPG
I have those in my tips collection too. Good stuff. I'm using the Azla SednaEarfit Crystal Standard tips on the E5B. They work great.

Jun 26, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #46,339 of 62,492
I use and like the stock large also.
This is totally out of character for me, I have always disliked Comply tips on everything. I have to use L tips or larger. I was using the L silicone tips and was fine. Not sure what possessed me but, but I bought L Comply, same type as included, and really like them. I was thinking of putting the silicone back on just to A\B.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #46,340 of 62,492
Any impressions of NyPots A10? Seems like a good deal for 34$ CAD on Amazon for ANC + ambient + no stems

Jun 27, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #46,342 of 62,492
Anybody got the OPPO Enco X2 incoming? The dynamic + planar driver combo, LDAC etc. sounds very interesting.
That being said, Huawei's FreeBuds Pro 2 may be worth a listen too...
If I can sell a few I might go for both. Had the Elevoc Clear up for sale on Reddit for months now at a quarter of what I paid for them, not even a bite!

Jun 27, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #46,344 of 62,492
I got the new sennheisers today the MTW3. I love the AZ60 but just having bad call quality with them outdoors anywhere too often.

I haven't tested the call quality with the sennheiser's yet but the sound is definitely the best I've ever heard in a wireless IEM. The bass is beautiful and tight, the highest have a little nice twinkle in them. And a better sound stage.

Well I haven't tested a call quality yet outdoors, I'm outdoors right now. In fact I dictated this message via Google voice to text, and it's coming out perfect. When I did that with the techniques, of course it misspells that word, it was often a lot of having to delete and then re-speak. I think that automatically means the mics on the sennheisers are better
Voice pickup while on a call outdoors can be affected by many things... almost all TWS with microphones use some form of anti-noise processing, but the design of a microphone that manages to reduce wind noise as much as possible also means that less processing is needed, and it can sound more natural.

I think it's really cool that you thought to test the mic quality with voice to speech! I should try that. I know that the bluetooth microphones built into my 2013 VW Golf are absolutely AWFUL for dictation, and it shows during phone calls because literally using any other option (one of my grells, speakerphone mode on the phone, even my apple watch's mic!) sounds way better during a chat and is much better with voice to speech.

Jun 27, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #46,345 of 62,492
Looks like my Linkbuds S arrive today whish is nice.

Just reread Sony's return policy and they suck... If I open the box I have to pay a twenty percent restocking fee plus the shipping cost of shipping the item and return shipping...

So guess I either have to send back without opening (not likely LOL) or I am going to be selling these if not happy.

My mistake for not paying enough attention.

Having said all that I am going to be an optimist and assume they are going to be great :)...

Jun 27, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #46,346 of 62,492
Looks like my Linkbuds S arrive today whish is nice.

Just reread Sony's return policy and they suck... If I open the box I have to pay a twenty percent restocking fee plus the shipping cost of shipping the item and return shipping...

So guess I either have to send back without opening (not likely LOL) or I am going to be selling these if not happy.

My mistake for not paying enough attention.

Having said all that I am going to be an optimist and assume they are going to be great :)...
Manufacturers tend to do that so I don't usually order directly from the manufacturer unless if there is no other choice. Distributors tend to be more lax on the return policy. On average anyways.

I'm not a fan of restocking fees. Usually it is 15% to 25% of the product, which is nuts especially when you add in the price of return shipping. Unfortunately some products are not sold on Amazon so you have to risk restocking fees (like with Noble Audio).

Jun 27, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #46,347 of 62,492
I know and should have known better...

I bleeping HATE Canada Post! They say product arriving today, get my bleeping hopes up. Postpone a trip out of town for a few hours to get them, go to the Post Office box and the jackasses stick a notice that I have to go a postal outlet tomorrow after 1 to pick them up. That damn box has to be tiny and could have gone in one of the parcel boxes of not the normal mail slot! No reason posted on the slip to justify them not putting it in the box.

Such a stupid postal system!

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #46,348 of 62,492
I know and should have known better...

I bleeping HATE Canada Post! They say product arriving today, get my bleeping hopes up. Postpone a trip out of town for a few hours to get them, go to the Post Office box and the jackasses stick a notice that I have to go a postal outlet tomorrow after 1 to pick them up. That damn box has to be tiny and could have gone in one of the parcel boxes of not the normal mail slot! No reason posted on the slip to justify them not putting it in the box.

Such a stupid postal system!
I always had similar experience with Canada Post either not showing up or leaving me a notice despite being at home all day waiting for a darn parcel to show up.

Jun 27, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #46,349 of 62,492
The Sennheiser medium tips sealed the best but they got a little uncomfortable. I've been trying numerous of my other tips but nothing seems to seal as well.
Anyway I think the MTW3 ANC is not as good as the XM4 or the AZ 60.

It does well with steady low frequency noises but it's not like the other two which could cut out traffic noise much better, as in just car engines, not honking, like the other two do. Same on mass transit like on a train or Subway. It's respectable it's just not as good as those two. Or maybe I'm not getting a good enough seal

One feel differently who has tried them all?

Also btw the MTW3 got a firmware update today

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #46,350 of 62,492
Personally, I think, ANC works very good on MTW3. I had XM4 and AZ60 and it's about the same. What I like the most is the Anti wind future. These are the first TWS which almost completely cut the wind noise if this option is turned on. Very useful when biking.
My only wish is that Sennheiser will add multipoint in near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back