Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 29, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #45,796 of 63,208
Maybe the Evo? They were decent and have a small footprint. Included tips are trash though so use something else that get them fully inserted into your ear. The case didn't fit decent tips though so I kept having to take the off to charge. The az60 are really good, bur I Still prefer xm4
The evo was great in a lot of ways, they just kept falling out; thank you though 😊 az60 was amazing but the weird ridge they left on the back just digs into my ear something fierce; my ears are stupidly sensitive.

May 29, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #45,797 of 63,208
Hi, i'm looking about the Linkbuds S.
I have an earing loss on my left ear so i'd like to know if the android app from Sony (i think Headphones is the app name) has an option to manage the L/R balance.
Thank's
Try PoweAmp it has a balance, and you could save the pre-set (EQ/Tone/Balance etc) per earbuds or globally for all your earbuds

May 29, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #45,798 of 63,208
Generally the challenge is driver implementation, tuning and design, and with TWS there’s also Bluetooth performance to worry about even with Qualcomm doing all the heavy chip and antenna work. That’s what really sends the bill high, and not the cost of raw materials.
Exactly, that's why I posted the reply, the $150 msrp doesn't mean you can't have decent drivers in them, how to price in tuning & implementation is very subjective, if noble is the only one making multi-driver good sq tws then they can even charge $500, but chifi company like fiio can probably make something similar that only cost $150,

May 29, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #45,799 of 63,208
Exactly, that's why I posted the reply, the $150 msrp doesn't mean you can't have decent drivers in them, how to price in tuning & implementation is very subjective, if noble is the only one making multi-driver good sq tws then they can even charge $500, but chifi company like fiio can probably make something similar that only cost $150,
Moot point because they are gonna cost more. It was more than just the drivers anyhow cause they pay fees to use Snapdragon sound, and LHDC, and batteries cost money as well as a Qi module for the case. Two AK4332 amps etc. Other than that my response was why? Mifo's latest cost $249, GeekFly $299, Simgot TWS $249 so other branded Chi-Fi is not cheap. Why would FiiO's be $100 less with even more going for them than other Chi-Fi.

Like @stacey said, it doesn't relate to the cost of the drivers. A Geekfly triple hybrid wired earphone is $60 but a Geekfly triple hybrid true wireless is $299.

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #45,800 of 63,208
The evo was great in a lot of ways, they just kept falling out; thank you though 😊 az60 was amazing but the weird ridge they left on the back just digs into my ear something fierce; my ears are stupidly sensitive.
Gemeni was pretty close in sound quality to Xm4. I almost kept them. I found them pretty comfortable. I liked the ze3000 but they were tough to stay seated and the shape is different so may bot work for you either. See If you like the gemeni. Without anc they sound terrible though. Frankly without after market tips, not a single tws sounds good. Fokus was the only one where I thought stock tips were okay, but still used sednas

May 29, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #45,801 of 63,208
Gemeni was pretty close in sound quality to Xm4. I almost kept them. I found them pretty comfortable. I liked the ze3000 but they were tough to stay seated and the shape is different so may bot work for you either. See If you like the gemeni. Without anc they sound terrible though. Frankly without after market tips, not a single tws sounds good. Fokus was the only one where I thought stock tips were okay, but still used sednas
I gave the gemeni a try (I've tried most honestly 😅 they're all in my signature), and they gave me the phantom feeling of falling out CONSTANTLY. I did love the sound, I will absolutely agree, but between the feeling and just how cheap the whole thing felt for the price (the case and the buds both felt so flimsy), I couldn't justify them. As for the ze3000....they look great but I can't live without pass-through (I wear these at work).

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #45,802 of 63,208
But then you’re likely paying pennies to the poor people that have to tune that TWS to get to that point, compromising audio quality. Either that or only enable one driver and market the TWS as a multi driver setup or skip Qualcomm (or any other proven chips), compromising connection quality. There’s a price to pay to get to that low low pricepoint.

Otherwise you might as well be selling counterfeit AirPods, the functionality will likely be around that.

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #45,803 of 63,208
I gave the gemeni a try (I've tried most honestly 😅 they're all in my signature), and they gave me the phantom feeling of falling out CONSTANTLY. I did love the sound, I will absolutely agree, but between the feeling and just how cheap the whole thing felt for the price (the case and the buds both felt so flimsy), I couldn't justify them. As for the ze3000....they look great but I can't live without pass-through (I wear these at work).
What! :) It seems every single thing gives some sort of problem. :yum: You might need to keep trying out new tips or new ears! Need isolation?? Maybe something like the Cleer ARC which are not in the ear so they won't hurt or fall out.

May 30, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #45,804 of 63,208
Maybe try the xelastic tips? They are a bit stickier. Those and the sedna lights are part of my gym rotation as I feel thst they keep the iem in my ear slightly better than regular sednas.

May 30, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #45,805 of 63,208
Hello,
Was about to buy the Edifier TWS1 Pro when I saw the SoundPEATS Sonic Pro on sale for £26/$33 at a UK supplier.
If I remove the different sound characteristics from consideration are the Sonic Pro worth it over the TW1S Pro at that price?

Thanks.

Edit: Bought the Sonic Pros and will probably be returning them due to constant background hiss/white noise.
Not read any other owners or reviewers mention it so might be a faulty pair.
Otherwise sound ok but had to max out the EQ to get noticeable bass out of them.

Edit2: I have got to say Soundpeats customer service was top of the range, resolved my issue quickly and without any hassle.

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #45,806 of 63,208
What! :) It seems every single thing gives some sort of problem. :yum: You might need to keep trying out new tips or new ears! Need isolation?? Maybe something like the Cleer ARC which are not in the ear so they won't hurt or fall out.
No they really do 😂 although the linkbuds s is seeming more and more like my winner at this point. I'm definitely looking for isolation or I'd just give the oladance a shot, but thank you 😊 I'm just a very demanding individual 😅.

May 30, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #45,807 of 63,208
Maybe try the xelastic tips? They are a bit stickier. Those and the sedna lights are part of my gym rotation as I feel thst they keep the iem in my ear slightly better than regular sednas.
Xelastec tips are what I've got in my linkbuds s now, and they do indeed feel better 😊 would you say the mic on the Gemini is any good? If yes, I might give them another try.....

May 30, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #45,808 of 63,208
Xelastec tips are what I've got in my linkbuds s now, and they do indeed feel better 😊 would you say the mic on the Gemini is any good? If yes, I might give them another try.....
I don't think I ever used them to call... maybe once. Didn't get any complaints.

May 30, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #45,809 of 63,208

I don't think I ever used them to call... maybe once. Didn't get any complaints.
I'll give them a look again, thank you 😊

May 30, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #45,810 of 63,208
I got bamboozled by a Reddit comment that said that the CCA BTX BT Adapters worked with regular 2-pin earbuds without doing the same mod that you need to do on the KZ AZ09 Pro, so I decided to buy them since heck, I won a €30 gift card from Amazon, so I paid less than €20 with my own money....
Now i'm watching video reviews and I realized that... apparently that person was very incorrect about that.

What would you guys do in my situation:

1) Just return the goshdarn things before I open them and get my money back.
2) Get some KZ/CCA IEM's and just roll with it and see if anything sounds worthwhile to my ears
3) Despite being a clumsy ****er with two left thumbs (figuratively speaking, of course), try to actually do the mod myself and hope that I manage to avoid killing both the adapter and/or myself?

Kinda didn't have the money to completely go all in on a more expensive adapter if I don't end up enjoying the whole thing at all, so was going to test the waters like this first, but now I feel slightly discouraged that I cheaped out lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back