Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 14, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #45,361 of 62,453
Yea my phone says same for AAC though it does not do anything as it does not support it (remains SBC) and IMO AAC is not HD but gets called so as it is 16/48 so up from 16/44.1 CD quality but IMO it really needs be 24/48 at least.

I prefer aptX or aptX-HD if listing to Hi-Res as Amazon Music HD cannot get past Android's driver limitation so 24/48 even on LDAC if the file is 24/96 or higher.

However, PowerAmp can so it is 24/96.

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #45,362 of 62,453
Ah, you're correct, I was fooled by the HD-sound in my BT settings :frowning2:

But oh well, they still sounds awesome :)

I thought APTX Adaptive was backwards compatitble with APTX HD! Maybe just for headphones and not earbuds I guess.
It has nothing to do with the devices being earphones or headphones, it was a misleading claim by QUALCOMM but I hear it works the other way but I cannot comment as my phone is not aptX Adaptive.

I had a set of B&W P14 and they worked but they also included the standalone aptX HD codec so Moto/Lenovo and B&W CS told me.

May 14, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #45,365 of 62,453
So the 1more evo sound better than I thought. Debating keeping them. Using azla sedna mediums. Tips don't fit in the case and the ones it comes with are too shallow for me. For 150 they are comfortable, have a solid app, and respond well to EQ from poweramp. They aren't better Than the Fokus obviously, but those continue to be a fit issue for me, whereas these fit pretty snugly into my ears

May 14, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #45,366 of 62,453
Looks

Got a good chuckle out of this. As if THIS pair put you over the top. Too funny.

Rediscovering my Fokus. Having fit issues. Any tip recommendations?
I’ve been using the large double flange OEM ones. But there are some Spinfits that work okay too. CP155 & 145. Your mileage may vary!

May 14, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #45,368 of 62,453
Ah, you're correct, I was fooled by the HD-sound in my BT settings :frowning2:

But oh well, they still sounds awesome :)

I thought APTX Adaptive was backwards compatitble with APTX HD! Maybe just for headphones and not earbuds I guess.
You should be able to confirm this in developer options for yourself. People told me that my PI7s could not do aptX HD. Turns out they do connect via aptX HD to my Pixel 6. Screenshots attached.

Whether the manufacturer needs to or does not need to specifically enable aptX HD does not seem relevant to whether the MTW3 support aptX HD. If B&W can do it, I see no reason why Sennheiser could not. Whenever I get around to picking up the MTW3, I will confirm the codec compatibility as well. Am hoping aptX HD will work with my Pixel 6 since it does not support aptX adaptive (my OnePlus 8T and LG V60 do support aptX adaptive on the other hand but I mostly use the Pixel).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220514-132048.png
    Screenshot_20220514-132048.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220514-132006.png
    Screenshot_20220514-132006.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 0
May 14, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #45,369 of 62,453
You should be able to confirm this in developer options for yourself. People told me that my PI7s could not do aptX HD. Turns out they do connect via aptX HD to my Pixel 6. Screenshots attached.

Whether the manufacturer needs to or does not need to specifically enable aptX HD does not seem relevant to whether the MTW3 support aptX HD. If B&W can do it, I see no reason why Sennheiser could not. Whenever I get around to picking up the MTW3, I will confirm the codec compatibility as well. Am hoping aptX HD will work with my Pixel 6 since it does not support aptX adaptive (my OnePlus 8T and LG V60 do support aptX adaptive on the other hand but I mostly use the Pixel).

Yeah says ATPX in both the app and developer settings I'm afraid :/

May 14, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #45,370 of 62,453

I believe this may be a phone limitation. Samsung has only aptx available, no chance of aptx HD or adaptive at all.

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #45,371 of 62,453
I’ll join the chorus that the MTW3 sound really impressive. But if I had a gripe it’s that there’s no audible prompt for transparency mode (although there is for noise canceling). At least this is my experience so far.
Don't they auto pause or can be set to auto pause so that could be your prompt right? :)

May 14, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #45,373 of 62,453
I believe this may be a phone limitation. Samsung has only aptx available, no chance of aptx HD or adaptive at all.
Got it. Missed that it is a Samsung phone. That is why I actually stopped buying Samsung phones for myself. Their 360 audio with the Samsung Buds works pretty well though (I do have a Samsung tablet).

May 14, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #45,374 of 62,453
Got it. Missed that it is a Samsung phone. That is why I actually stopped buying Samsung phones for myself. Their 360 audio with the Samsung Buds works pretty well though (I do have a Samsung tablet).
Yes, I always fall on the same and end up buying Samsung but it is really annoying indeed. I saw sometime ago in a forum that there was some way to add codecs but I was never able to do it

May 14, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #45,375 of 62,453
Curious about the 1More Evo, any more impressions / comparisons to other TWS coming? They are a bit tempting as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back