Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 11, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #45,256 of 62,434
I had to be cute with the wood. Buuut, you can indeed find some silicone or rubber stoppers to work with the Linkbuds for sure esp. in some place with a good plumbing section. :)

May 11, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #45,257 of 62,434
Haven't seen anybody besides you, yet. Not even on reddit where more and more people have the MTW3 as well. I cannot reproduce it no matter what I chew :D It might be faulty, yes.

Send or bring them back if you can and try another pair. Only then you can be really sure.
If, while they sit in the ear with music on, you wiggle them a little? Do you get any disturbance? Clipping?

May 11, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #45,258 of 62,434
Update MTW3.

Still experiencing the clipping of sound while chewing/moving mouth. (no pops or similar like the Devialet, but clipping)

Walked outside earlier today, chewing gum. The left bud was almost unusable. Clips in audio at least a couple of times every minute. Annoying!!! :frowning2:

Tried A LOT of tips, only the large Comply Foam TW-200-C limit the problem a little. But SQ with the Comply is way worse than with all silicon and included tips.

Anyone else hearing this? Could it be something faulty?
Left bud/ear is far worse than right, and problem only with ANC on.
Did you activate the wind noise reduction and see what happens?

May 11, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #45,259 of 62,434
The z1r need some power to make them shine. Paired with the Ifi idsd signature, they sounded flipping brilliant.

Thanks for mentioning that setup. We got some feedback that z1rs go rather nicely with iDSD Sig and xDSD Gryphon, so there's probably something there. Thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 11, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #45,260 of 62,434
If, while they sit in the ear with music on, you wiggle them a little? Do you get any disturbance? Clipping?
None of that, no.

May 11, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #45,261 of 62,434
ELJEFEREVIEWS
OP·2 hr. ago

Google Pixel Buds Pro
- $199 (Pre-Order 7/21)
- 4 Colors
- 11hr Playback
- ANC + Ambient Modes
- Multipoint Connectivity
- Google Assistant
- Spatial Audio (Coming Soon)
- Find My Device Support

wm26iv0p8wy81.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Earbuds/comments/unh2xy/google_pixel_buds_pro_announced/

May 11, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #45,262 of 62,434
Update MTW3.

Still experiencing the clipping of sound while chewing/moving mouth. (no pops or similar like the Devialet, but clipping)

Walked outside earlier today, chewing gum. The left bud was almost unusable. Clips in audio at least a couple of times every minute. Annoying!!! :frowning2:

Tried A LOT of tips, only the large Comply Foam TW-200-C limit the problem a little. But SQ with the Comply is way worse than with all silicon and included tips.

Anyone else hearing this? Could it be something faulty?
Left bud/ear is far worse than right, and problem only with ANC on.
Yeap. I’m having a similar problem, except in the right ear. Sitting extremely still in my quiet office, the right ear keeps popping. Also, I’m getting a lot of white noise background on that side.

May 11, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #45,265 of 62,434
So sedna light mediums worked for me on the fokus. Spiral dots sounded like poop. Medium Azla crystal worked as well, but the light sounds closer to the original sednas, which is to say they sound a little better.

Also got the evo today. Probably not fair to compare to xm4 and focus, but they definitely aren't as good as either. I had to update them to use ldac. App works pretty well. Stock tips are trash. For 150, I'd probably go ze3000 over evo, those obviously are not feature rich.

May 11, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #45,266 of 62,434
ELJEFEREVIEWS
OP·2 hr. ago

Google Pixel Buds Pro
- $199 (Pre-Order 7/21)
- 4 Colors
- 11hr Playback
- ANC + Ambient Modes
- Multipoint Connectivity
- Google Assistant
- Spatial Audio (Coming Soon)
- Find My Device Support

https://www.reddit.com/r/Earbuds/comments/unh2xy/google_pixel_buds_pro_announced/
Some extra interesting bits from the product page:
11mm drivers, 5 band EQ, volume based EQ (trying to keep everything balanced as the volume goes up and down, interesting idea), pliable ear tips (sounds like foams or maybe a hybrid like Sony), some kind of pressure relief system, wireless charging.

I've been using the A Series Pixel Buds as my main buds for a while now because the fit is perfect for me, they sound pleasant, the case is a nice size and I like the fact they're not full on ear plugs.

I think these could be one of the better mainstream options out there if they keep the same kind of sound signature, there's no glaring hardware issues and the fit is good.

May 11, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #45,267 of 62,434
Yeap. I’m having a similar problem, except in the right ear. Sitting extremely still in my quiet office, the right ear keeps popping. Also, I’m getting a lot of white noise background on that side.
No popping or clipping with ANC off, and when sitting still and keeping mouth closed/still. Then they sound amazing!

But with ANC/Wind ON, opening and closing mouth makes them clip the sound a tenth of a second. (can't explain it better)
Almost exclusively on the left side with me. I know from earlier iems/tws that there's something about the inner ear movements/jawbone in the left ear that triggers these kind of "disturbance".

I can remember examples like driver flex on Fiio FH3, popping with the Geminis, a little noise/popping with the XM4 and now this...
No problem with Lypertek Tevi (they still sound great btw), Beats Fit Pro, Airpods Pro, M&D MW08S for ex..

No white noise except when using Transparency mode.

May 11, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #45,268 of 62,434
Oh yeah. I’m 99% certain my MTW3 are defective. Right earbud just did some weird squealing and static-y noise thing in middle of a song. That can’t be “normal”.

May 11, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #45,269 of 62,434
No popping or clipping with ANC off, and when sitting still and keeping mouth closed/still. Then they sound amazing!

But with ANC/Wind ON, opening and closing mouth makes them clip the sound a tenth of a second. (can't explain it better)
Almost exclusively on the left side with me. I know from earlier iems/tws that there's something about the inner ear movements/jawbone in the left ear that triggers these kind of "disturbance".

I can remember examples like driver flex on Fiio FH3, popping with the Geminis, a little noise/popping with the XM4 and now this...
No problem with Lypertek Tevi (they still sound great btw), Beats Fit Pro, Airpods Pro, M&D MW08S for ex..

No white noise except when using Transparency mode.
Agreed, with ANC off they sound pretty good (I prefer a slightly brighter sound than these have, tbh). I’m pretty sure I’m not doing any movement, though — I’ve worn IEMs for a very long time, and have had a number of TWS with ANC and never had this problem before.

The white noise seems to come and go on the right side. Like I said in my post a couple minutes ago, I’m pretty sure I have a defective one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back