Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 30, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #44,836 of 62,492
My local B&O dealer has them already in stock (4 pieces) at the moment, but I spend the last of my funny money on a second (black) EQ a few weeks ago :scream:
Traveling in Asia and found them at a local mall with gift
16513092239027679812776913770770.jpg

Apr 30, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #44,837 of 62,492
Yup, that's what intrigues me. Might be good in the office and at home when my wife is trying to communicate with me.
For that they work aces! Problem is that wife now thinks I can hear her all the time, no matter which earbuds I am wearing :)
But for sure it is a blessing that I can always have some kind of ambient bling bling sound on in my ears, it's like my own film score ... really awesome ... they get way more playtime than I thought they would ...

Apr 30, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #44,838 of 62,492
Cheers everyone, how’s it going? I was pretty active following here and the earbuds forum until COVID change my reality.

I’ve been using the WF-1000Xm3 for a year and a half, and got the acoustune tips that make them comfortable and stable.

Now things look like they are going to be getting mobile again, and while I love almost everything about the xm3, the case is huge and it’s a pain in the ass to carry around.

I used to have a Sabbat open earbuds with a small case, but they unexpectedly died.

I also had the Nillkin go, but leant them to my wife, and she destroyed them (literally crushed).

I also had Nuarls nx01 that I gave to my wife after the Nillkins died. Loved their sound but I will probably never get them back.

I was thinking of reordering the Nillkens Go, since they had the smallest case, best fit, and a low profile in ears, but thought I would check first if anything better, smaller, more comfortable and affordable came up since.

I’m liking to keep it under 100$, I don’t care about aptx or ldac so much, I just want something small, that disappears comfortably in the ear with a decent sound.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #44,840 of 62,492
@erockg and @BooleanBones can you please check in the B&O app to see how much battery % difference is there between L and R buds for the EX? I am noticing a 2% difference where starting with 100% battery, right bud drains 2% faster and gradually gets worse as the battery is lower. For example, when L bud is at 60% battery, right bud ends up being 49% battery (11% difference!). Just want to know if this is normal or if I should exchange mine. Thank you!
Guessing you did the ol hard reset, reboot, blah blah? I haven't had a chance to check mine. Family duties are getting in the way :disappointed_relieved:

Apr 30, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #44,842 of 62,492
No longer available. I'd heard you can't use the left bud by itself. Is that true?
They're still avail. AKG.com shows OOS, but just bought a set for a gift from harmanaudio.com. :metal::metal:

Apr 30, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #44,843 of 62,492
Guessing you did the ol hard reset, reboot, blah blah? I haven't had a chance to check mine. Family duties are getting in the way :disappointed_relieved:
@erockg and @BooleanBones can you please check in the B&O app to see how much battery % difference is there between L and R buds for the EX? I am noticing a 2% difference where starting with 100% battery, right bud drains 2% faster and gradually gets worse as the battery is lower. For example, when L bud is at 60% battery, right bud ends up being 49% battery (11% difference!). Just want to know if this is normal or if I should exchange mine. Thank you!
Okay, did a test of sorts:

Transparency on, Music very low.
720am 100% L&R
730am 97% L&R
8am 89% L, 90% R
830 am 80% L, 81% R

I don't really see any issues here. I agree with another poster about the master/slave.

Apr 30, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #44,846 of 62,492
Apr 30, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #44,847 of 62,492
Cheers everyone, how’s it going? I was pretty active following here and the earbuds forum until COVID change my reality.

I’ve been using the WF-1000Xm3 for a year and a half, and got the acoustune tips that make them comfortable and stable.

Now things look like they are going to be getting mobile again, and while I love almost everything about the xm3, the case is huge and it’s a pain in the ass to carry around.

I used to have a Sabbat open earbuds with a small case, but they unexpectedly died.

I also had the Nillkin go, but leant them to my wife, and she destroyed them (literally crushed).

I also had Nuarls nx01 that I gave to my wife after the Nillkins died. Loved their sound but I will probably never get them back.

I was thinking of reordering the Nillkens Go, since they had the smallest case, best fit, and a low profile in ears, but thought I would check first if anything better, smaller, more comfortable and affordable came up since.

I’m liking to keep it under 100$, I don’t care about aptx or ldac so much, I just want something small, that disappears comfortably in the ear with a decent sound.

I can recommend the Fiil T1 Lite. Small case, low profile earpieces, very decent sound and low price. This review is pretty much spot-on:

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/fiil-t1-lite-review

Apr 30, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #44,848 of 62,492
Wow, great active thread!
Going from wired to first time wireless iem’s what is the best top 3 one based on SQ alone to consider? Is Noble Fokus Pro the top winner?

Apr 30, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #44,850 of 62,492
Wow, great active thread!
Going from wired to first time wireless iem’s what is the best top 3 one based on SQ alone to consider? Is Noble Fokus Pro the top winner?
For Sound Quality... Yes. If it is your preferred sound sig. I can tell you that to my ears this set is the closest to a wired sound that I have heard from true wireless earbuds. There are many great sets however

Users who are viewing this thread

Back