Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 27, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #44,671 of 62,381
I'm curious to hear user reviews regarding the new Sennheiser MTW3's, so far I'm not really seeing anything that makes me want to grab them over anything else.
I mean it might be an improvement over the MTW3's, and it seems like it sounds good based on all impressions and reviews I've seen, but I don't see anything that makes me think they're a worthy upgrade from anything I currently have. I was hoping for something slightly more impressive.

I mean sure, as many other people here I might buy them anyway just because I'm a TWS-addict, but that's a completely different story.
Right now though, I'm not sure if I believe the hype even if I think they might be a good buy for anyone in the market for a new pair because their old pair broke or they currently own a budget pair of skullcandy earbuds or something, because the price is somewhat attractive for what they are, I'd say.
I'm probably looking elsewhere if I'm getting a new pair, I want something that makes my Technics AZ60, Galaxy Bud Pros sound like junk (okay, not junk but... you get what I mean), that I can stick with until the next best thing comes out.

I mean, I wasn't expecting the MTW3 to challenge the Fokus Pros, but I want more brands to really push bluetooth sound forward even in the mainstream so we can get something that's not far from the Fokus Pro but at a cheaper price and more easily accessible in all markets because it's a more well-known brand (that's not just known among audiophiles)...

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #44,672 of 62,381
Nah, me neither. I think you and I touched on this ages ago. Take what everyone says and use that accordingly. Opinions are like... well, you know. I didn't like the tuning of the MTW2, so I'm hoping the 3 are a step up. If not, sayonara. In Flossy's world, everything seems to be a major major major go. But he was right on the B&O EQ in my world, so there's that.
Ya that's right.

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #44,673 of 62,381
Question:
Is there any combination of the KZ AZ09 or AZ09 Pro and any combination with earbuds that fit with those adapters that will sound obviously "better" than anything I would get from my regular TWS's? Trying to see if it's worth to try out the adapter game but starting cheap-ish in that case...

Also, is there a list available anywhere where you can see which models actually fit the AZ09's? I know KZ has one, but I feel like they're omitting some earbuds that actually work perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #44,674 of 62,381
Right there with you. I'll have them both in May. That's what we do. :beerchug:

My local B&O dealer has them already in stock (4 pieces) at the moment, but I spend the last of my funny money on a second (black) EQ a few weeks ago :scream:

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #44,676 of 62,381
I loved the EQ sound too, but the damn EQs had QA issues, left earbud would stop playing music randomly. Happened twice, two different pairs! I heard they finally added track skip shortcuts so that's good.

Loving the Technics AZ60. These are the most well rounded TWS imo. I have always been a Technics fan too from their old days so nice to see the brand making a comeback. I will definitely give EX a try. MTW3 I am gonna skip for sure.

BTW, I use Beoplay H95 when home and this thing works great for calls and sound is so flat and natural I love it. It is a bit heavy though so headband causes headache after long use.

I own the H95 as well.... unfortuantly back in september when my only pair of EQ did break on this greek island (while having holidays) I did not have the H95 with me.
But after my return and the RMA of the EQ I could enjoy a similar sound experience with the H95. If I had known just a few days earlier an EX was coming out so soon I would have waited a little longer with the second EQ - I know first world problems....:innocent:

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #44,677 of 62,381
Apr 27, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #44,678 of 62,381
My local B&O dealer has them already in stock (4 pieces) at the moment, but I spend the last of my funny money on a second (black) EQ a few weeks ago :scream:
I'm rotating a few TWS out on eBay and ordered my EX. :beerchug:

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #44,680 of 62,381
I'm rotating a few TWS out on eBay and ordered my EX. :beerchug:

I guess I could sell the sand EQ now with the EX as my reserve TWS on the horizon....

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #44,681 of 62,381
I guess I could sell the sand EQ now with the EX as my reserve TWS on the horizon....
You'll have to pry my EQ from my cold dead hands. Love them too much to let them go right now. But if the EX leads the pack in my rotation, you just never know :)

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #44,682 of 62,381
You'll have to pry my EQ from my cold dead hands. Love them too much to let them go right now. But if the EX leads the pack in my rotation, you just never know :)
What is your official rotation right now? Enquiring minds want to know.

When it comes to TW, I'm a novice. But my roll call is currently:
- Technics AZ60
- AKG N400
- Sennheiser MTW3 (pre-ordered)

- B&O EQ (returned due to noise issues)
- M&D MW08 (returned)
- Sony 1000XM3 (gave away)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #44,683 of 62,381
What is your official rotation right now? Enquiring minds want to know.

When it comes to TW, I'm a novice. But my roll call is currently:
- Technics AZ60
- AKG N400
- Sennheiser MTW3 (pre-ordered)
- Sony 1000XM3 (gave away)
This week, or all time? Ha ha!

Not necessarily in this order, but: Noble Audio Fokus Pro, B&O Beoplay EQ, M&D MW08 Sport, Thieaudio Monarch MK2 on the FiiO UTWS5 adapters, SeeAudio Midnight on the Shure TW2 adapter, Shure Aonic Free, LG Tone Free FP8, Sony Linkbuds, Black Colorware Apple AirPods Pro, B&W PI7, AirPods Max. My list will be dwindling soon to add the new breeds.

Apr 27, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #44,685 of 62,381
This week, or all time? Ha ha!

Not necessarily in this order, but: Noble Audio Fokus Pro, B&O Beoplay EQ, M&D MW08 Sport, Thieaudio Monarch MK2 on the FiiO UTWS5 adapters, SeeAudio Midnight on the Shure TW2 adapter, Shure Aonic Free, LG Tone Free FP8, Sony Linkbuds, Black Colorware Apple AirPods Pro, B&W PI7, AirPods Max. My list will be dwindling soon to add the new breeds.
I would be interested to know (as I'm sure others would) as to which you plan on keeping and which you plan on selling. Also, maybe how you rank what you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back