Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 13, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #44,386 of 62,485
I have the xm4 and am happy with them eq'd a bit. Really like the battery life, the ANC, and they fit good.

I drink ordered the AZ60 and they get here today from Amazon. Thinking of returning them unopened but also to try them - for those who have used both, what are the biggest differences?

Apr 13, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #44,387 of 62,485
I have the xm4 and am happy with them eq'd a bit. Really like the battery life, the ANC, and they fit good.

I drink ordered the AZ60 and they get here today from Amazon. Thinking of returning them unopened but also to try them - for those who have used both, what are the biggest differences?
I can't really say much except that for ME the AZ60 has better fit and sound by so much that it hurts me to even compare them, but the Sony's are said to be better now than when i actually owned them so my opinion might not be worth much.
ANC might be better on the Sony's but the AZ60 makes up for it by providing better passive noise isolation.

The case for the AZ60 doesn't have wireless charging though is another thing.

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #44,391 of 62,485
Ha these Noble Fokus Pro’s are INSANE! They blow away any wireless audio I’ve ever heard
Damn. I wish I didn't read this..... My wallet hates you

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #44,392 of 62,485
Hard to believe this hobby (obsession?) began when I stumbled across an article several years ago talking about why I needed a headphone amp. Now several thousand dollars later my office is filled with gear. First purchase was a Dragonfly Red
Thought about buying a cobalt, but just didn't feel like being dongled to death :D

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #44,394 of 62,485
Oh I know… now I’m wondering if I might need to buy some Noble IEMs. The FoKus is almost worth it just for looks alone. Better looking than my JH Lola’s by far
One thing to make sure you try is the hearing analysis tool in their app. It's pretty slick, might not be spot on, but enlightens you to what you may or may not hear.

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #44,395 of 62,485
Honestly it's hard not to be impressed with this set. For SQ it certainly ranks up towards the top of the tws heap if the Harman tuned sound is for you. AAC doesn't seem to effect resolution or details and they fill out the whole spectrum really nicely. I can tell you the set I have has only gotten better with use. They are nice man, glad you are enjoying them

What has improved “with use”? I have about 4 hours or so on mine so far probably.

And yes, the Harman tuned sound is definitely for me. For low volume listening it to me seems like a bit of a “loudness contour”. I think it would be a bit much at high volumes but I listen pretty low usually. With these and an iPhone I’m usually right at or just under half way up.

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #44,396 of 62,485
Got the AZ60 today. I can definitely say I like the sound a bit better than the XM4.

It's nice that they are smaller but the XM4 fit me fine too.

I was on the phone and my sister said I sounded a bit muffled. I made sure that the noise reduction setting for calls was on normal, not strong. Am I missing a setting?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #44,399 of 62,485
Got the AZ60 today. I can definitely say I like the sound a bit better than the XM4.

It's nice that they are smaller but the XM4 fit me fine too.

I was on the phone and my sister said I sounded a bit muffled. I made sure that the noise reduction setting for calls was on normal, not strong. Am I missing a setting?
I can check mine it a bit. Have you tried to do a recording on your phone to see if that is muffled as well?

Apr 13, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #44,400 of 62,485
One thing to make sure you try is the hearing analysis tool in their app. It's pretty slick, might not be spot on, but enlightens you to what you may or may not hear.
Thanks! i actually saw that immediately and yes it’s very cool! It would be nice if it quantified somehow whether or not you have hearing loss. At first I panicked a little thinking I was going deaf until I realized I had the volume turned all the way down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back