Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 9, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #44,311 of 62,457
You guys have convinced me… ordering them today and I’ll prob grab the Tenmak whirlwind eartips!

Where’s a good place to order the buds in USA? they don’t seem to be for sale on Amazon

only question in my mind is whether or not to cancel the Falcon ANCs I preorder
I got mine on Amazon. They were there last week. Did you look up "noble audio fokus pro"... I know Amazon kept turning me to "noble audio focus pro" with a "c". Audio 46 has them as well.

Apr 9, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #44,312 of 62,457
For TWS, the Fokus and the EQ are still my fav. The E8 3G to still hold their own. Been enjoying them today. EQ sound better, but for $150, they are very nice. Of course, I can't really compare them to my Monarch MK2 and even the Midnight. Those are my alone time fun with no distractions. Been using the Linkbuds at the office and they're really working out great. Nice to hear what's going on with a little background tunes. That said, a few times, I thought there was music playing from someone else and turns out it was only me :).
I am likely picking up the midnight...i didn't like the original Yume at all but I've read enough reviews about the midnight correcting all the originals issues. Also, ya no tws on planet earth is dethroning the Monarch mk2... Lol. So have any updates corrected the volume issue of the eq?

Apr 9, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #44,313 of 62,457
I am likely picking up the midnight...i didn't like the original Yume at all but I've read enough reviews about the midnight correcting all the originals issues. Also, ya no tws on planet earth is dethroning the Monarch mk2... Lol. So have any updates corrected the volume issue of the eq?
@erockg loves his midnights. I think he uses them with the Shure adapters. I’m def getting a pair. Tempted to use them with the UTSW3 I have handy.

Apr 9, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #44,314 of 62,457
I'm on the latest firmware with the EQ and have zero issues. I put Azla tips on them as well and just love them. They do get plenty loud for me, but I'm not sure if it's the fw update or the seal but they do sound a tad louder than I remember. In fact, sitting here right now for a moment with the E8 and damed if they're not a bit louder than last I remember. I'm a total sucker for Bang & Olufsen.

Apr 9, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #44,315 of 62,457
@erockg loves his midnights. I think he uses them with the Shure adapters. I’m def getting a pair. Tempted to use them with the UTSW3 I have handy.
Ya I was going to get them a couple weeks back but instead picked up the Fiio fh9. Also I have been so caught up in the Tripowin Olina that it's been hard to peel myself away from them. I saw how well the yume would be if tuned slightly differnt and I think the midnight may have maxed out the tuning there with Crinacle at the helm. The Utws3 would drive them really well... Good choice.

Apr 9, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #44,316 of 62,457
I'm on the latest firmware with the EQ and have zero issues. I put Azla tips on them as well and just love them. They do get plenty loud for me, but I'm not sure if it's the fw update or the seal but they do sound a tad louder than I remember. In fact, sitting here right now for a moment with the E8 and damed if they're not a bit louder than last I remember. I'm a total sucker for Bang & Olufsen.
Ya tempted to pick up the EQ as well. You really don't see any issues as far as sound goes and B&O have always known how to tune a set.

Apr 9, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #44,317 of 62,457
Ya I was going to get them a couple weeks back but instead picked up the Fiio fh9. Also I have been so caught up in the Tripowin Olina that it's been hard to peel myself away from them. I saw how well the yume would be if tuned slightly differnt and I think the midnight may have maxed out the tuning there with Crinacle at the helm. The Utws3 would drive them really well... Good choice.
That’s great thank you. The -3s are just sitting in a drawer because when i connect my Lola’s the damned case won’t close. I got sick of pulling the buds off with the adapters I have every time I needed to charge

ha so the million dollar question… do you guys think the Midnight would fit in the -3 case and let it close completely?

Apr 9, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #44,319 of 62,457
@Ceeluh7 how are you liking the FH9. I am tempted to get them since I like the FH5 so much. Are they a worthy upgrade?

Apr 9, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #44,320 of 62,457
That’s great thank you. The -3s are just sitting in a drawer because when i connect my Lola’s the damned case won’t close. I got sick of pulling the buds off with the adapters I have every time I needed to charge

ha so the million dollar question… do you guys think the Midnight would fit in the -3 case and let it close completely?
I would imagine they would fit perfect

Apr 9, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #44,321 of 62,457
@Ceeluh7 how are you liking the FH9. I am tempted to get them since I like the FH5 so much. Are they a worthy upgrade?
Um... Absolutely. There is such a nice 3d element to the FH9. Not overdone low end, beautiful mids and sparkly highs. Really one of the best cables that comes with any set of iems. Once this set burns in they are ridiculous man. The Fh5 are one of those sets that are just tuned so well, balanced and good throughout but the FH9 just take it all up a notch. Huge soundstage as well from being semi open back.

Apr 9, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #44,322 of 62,457
This is totally random… I don’t know why everyone busts on MQA. I just listened to “Something” (Beatles) on Qobuz and then the same track on Tidal Master. It’s not even close…
Mqa can be awesome. Many mqa tracks don't live up to the hype but some absolutely do

Apr 9, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #44,323 of 62,457
Um... Absolutely. There is such a nice 3d element to the FH9. Not overdone low end, beautiful mids and sparkly highs. Really one of the best cables that comes with any set of iems. Once this set burns in they are ridiculous man. The Fh5 are one of those sets that are just tuned so well, balanced and good throughout but the FH9 just take it all up a notch. Huge soundstage as well from being semi open back.
Excellent! I thinks I am going to bow out of the TWS hunt and enjoy what I own and start to save for the FH9 and watch for a good deal.

Which color did you get? I like my titanium FH5 but without the gold trim I think I would prefer the black for FH9.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #44,324 of 62,457
Got my Olina’s today. Soooo good, and pretty too.

Apr 9, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #44,325 of 62,457
3F486C76-FD6F-4B74-9312-F6CF2E76B628.jpeg

Just got the Technics AZ60 in a couple of days ago. They sound incredible. Great with truly lossless content in addition to streaming services like Apple Music. Through a testing session I compared my Bowers & Wilkins Pi7 against the AZ60. While I haven’t tested either the B&O EQ nor the Noble Fokus Pro, I now have tested the Technics and have been able to compare them against my Fiil, Pi7 and Sony wh-1000xm4. Overall, the sound quality of the AZ60 is easily superior to the Sony and the Fiil iems. The Technics have better sound isolation and call quality to the Pi7. The 1000xm4 have better sound isolation of the group but I’m quite happy with the Technics app. The app for the Pi7 is anything but robust.

Overall, sound quality goes to the Pi7. I guess I am one of the lucky few with a Pi7 without major connection or battery issues. My Pi7 have been mostly issue free. The Pi7 have superior low and mid bass compared to the TWS I have tested thus far. I prefer the mid and highs of the Technics but even without an EQ, the Pi7 just sound better. Though, I can easily see why many reviewers have the Technics in their overall top 5 TWS iems. They are truly great and sound amazing. I just wish the bass were better and I assume the bass on the B&O EQ and the Noble Fokus Pro are superior to the Technics. I would love it if Technics updated the app or firmware on the AZ60 to produce better bass, as I suspect given the specs of the Technics, would be possible.

For $229 the Technics are worth every penny. I was personally looking for an option with LDAC and looking for iems under $250. Unless you can find a used or on-sale Pi7, B&O EQ, or Noble Fokus Pro for under $300 I think the Technics are probably going to be your best bet. Next up I hope to purchase the Soundcore Liberty Pro 3 or JVC HA-FW1000T and do another comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back