Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 9, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #44,281 of 62,205
Did a search here for the bose sport open earbuds, only one hit. Any opinions?

Apr 9, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #44,282 of 62,205
Honestly man... You are looking under $100. Another set that sounds fantastic is the Lypertek Soundfree S20 which normally sells for around $50 here. Looking at your list you've covered most sets. I can't remember if you had Tanchjim Echo on your list or not. Also, now that I think of it. Edifier Neobuds Pro have been discounted here routinely around $99. A great set if the fit is right and you'd likely need better tips. The tips they give are absolutely awful. Sound is fantastic, ANC is fantastic, ldac and a great transparency mode, great app.... Can't really beat it. Truthfully though if the H1 aren't that great to you than my question would be.... What sound signature are you after? Not many sub $100 are that much better than the H1 when SQ is concerned so I'm wondering if the signature just isn't sitting well with you? You can also find the Galaxy Buds Pro on sale for around $100 from time to time. The Nuarl N6 Pro are around $100 as well. I'll try to think of more
The Soundfree are around $85 here, not worth it I THINK, the Z3 are only $20 more so at that price i don't think the Soundfree are worth it? At $50 i would snatch them up right away.

Edifier Neobuds are $150 on Amazon here, also too expensive.
Tanchjim Echo I would try but they're going to be too expensive after paying shipping + import tax + customs fee.
Nuarls are ****ing impossible to get here as well.

The H1s are just too damn "smooth" in my opinion. They sound good but it's like they've scooped out all the life of the tracks.

I honestly don't exactly know, but I enjoy balanced sound that sounds true to recordings but with some slight extra oomph to that sub-bass when needed, but no mid-bass bloat and i like clear mids where the vocals can shine but without stealing the spotlight from the treble either, but i can be sensitive towards sibilance, so... Maybe slightly Harman target-ish?

What about the Creative Outlier V3? Not sure about it only having AAC and SBC though.

Apr 9, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #44,283 of 62,205
anyone own both buds+ & buds2? how's the sound comparison?

im trying to finds tws to use at gym, after some searching i think buds+ fit the best for me but i heard the treble quite harsh & shouty? and some other said they both sound pretty similar...

or maybe any other recommendation at that price?
I use 3 different TWS at the gym: NUARL N6P, Klipsch Mcclaren, and B&O EQ

Apr 9, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #44,285 of 62,205
I’ve been listening to my RMA B&O EQs for a few hours and they are pretty, pretty nice. I see what y’all are talking about. I couldn’t be happier that the first (amazon used) set bricked from the firmware update. I’m not a/b‘ing them yet, just listening to them on their own; blend of music but mostly Miles Davis this am. So far, I’d call their sound very well balanced and clean. Nice instrument separation but not as much air between them as I’d expect (ok, I’m comparing to the Gemini here). Staging is nice, but there’s a channel on the left that sometimes seems “physically” low. Hoping things open a little more as I play them more. That said, nice detail and clarity.
I know I’m not first to say it, guess I just didn’t really believe it, they really do seem to draw a lot of power by way of higher volume for same loudness.
As far as fit, medium stocks seem to work. I don’t feel like they’re in terribly securely, like when I walk around they feel a little loose, but when I go to adjust/tighten them they feel like they’re in there. Speaking of adjusting, hard not to hit those volume controls when moving these things around in your ears. I’ll get used to it I’m sure.
In short, I continue to spoil my ears with wonderful sounding earphones.

Apr 9, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #44,286 of 62,205
The Soundfree are around $85 here, not worth it I THINK, the Z3 are only $20 more so at that price i don't think the Soundfree are worth it? At $50 i would snatch them up right away.

Edifier Neobuds are $150 on Amazon here, also too expensive.
Tanchjim Echo I would try but they're going to be too expensive after paying shipping + import tax + customs fee.
Nuarls are ****ing impossible to get here as well.

The H1s are just too damn "smooth" in my opinion. They sound good but it's like they've scooped out all the life of the tracks.

I honestly don't exactly know, but I enjoy balanced sound that sounds true to recordings but with some slight extra oomph to that sub-bass when needed, but no mid-bass bloat and i like clear mids where the vocals can shine but without stealing the spotlight from the treble either, but i can be sensitive towards sibilance, so... Maybe slightly Harman target-ish?

What about the Creative Outlier V3? Not sure about it only having AAC and SBC though.
Gotcha. Ya stuff I guess isn't as expensive in the States... At least the stuff I've mentioned. I haven't tried the outlier v3 but I would not be scared at AAC at all. There is not much of a difference at all between AAC and aptx for example. It's really all about the housing, drivers, SOC and how it all is implemented (tuning) which make the biggest difference. I have the outlier gold and I can tell you that they are slightly V-shaped with a bit recessed midrange but not overly boomy... At all. Sub bass focused low end. Maybe a hair thin through the midrange but decent resolution and those came out almost 3 years ago. I really hope you find what you are looking for man and I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction.

Apr 9, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #44,287 of 62,205
As far as fit, medium stocks seem to work. I don’t feel like they’re in terribly securely, like when I walk around they feel a little loose, but when I go to adjust/tighten them they feel like they’re in there. Speaking of adjusting, hard not to hit those volume controls when moving these things around in your ears. I’ll get used to it I’m sure.
In short, I continue to spoil my ears with wonderful sounding earphones.
I had a similar experience with the stock tips. Once I swapped tips, they felt a bit more secure for sure. Might give it a whirl if you have some favorites laying around. Glad to hear you are enjoying their sparkle.

Apr 9, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #44,289 of 62,205
Apr 9, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #44,290 of 62,205
The E16 need burned in... Or listened in. They absolutely get better with usage. At first I didn't like them at all. They were too bright with a metallic treble. After about a few days maybe they settled down and are so very dynamic. Sabbat did great on this set. It Def leans brighter than neutral with great kick in the bass but not bass heavy. Nice man!
Yep, some burn in and the right tips. Trying to think if they still rank in my top 5 though. Gonna put the N6 pro 2 ahead. Lavabeans as well. Yamaha of course as they might be my number 1. CKS50TW with the right tips and screens removed. Elite 3, Victor, E16 vying for that 5th spot perhaps But they all did their own thing. Victor had the best bass of those while the Elite 3 was natural and quality all round, and the E16 had the detail and energy. Actually I forget the Cleer goal so that take the 5th spot. The semi open Cleer with Aptx and a good driver is big free clean and detailed. Way underrated for the sound but you have to fit it right with the fins.

Apr 9, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #44,291 of 62,205
Yep, some burn in and the right tips. Trying to think if they still rank in my top 5 though. Gonna put the N6 pro 2 ahead. Lavabeans as well. Yamaha of course as they might be my number 1. CKS50TW with the right tips and screens removed. Elite 3, Victor, E16 vying for that 5th spot perhaps But they all did their own thing. Victor had the best bass of those while the Elite 3 was natural and quality all round, and the E16 had the detail and energy. Actually I forget the Cleer goal so that take the 5th spot. The semi open Cleer with Aptx and a good driver is big free clean and detailed. Way underrated for the sound but you have to fit it right with the fins.
Ya I agree. Prob not in my top 5 but I am trying to help that guy out from a conversation prior to that and was running out of options that are under $100 that I have actually owned and heard... Lol. Nothing works😅. That's a great listing you have so far. I still haven't picked up the n6 pro 2. If it's anything even remotely close to the n6 pro (which I've heard it is slightly better all the way around) than it's a no brainer. Haven't checked out the Yamaha yet either... What model is that again? I know you and a couple others talked about them some pages back.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #44,292 of 62,205
I had a dumb wild hair and picked up the B&O E8 3rd Gen. Price was too good. Had them a while back and they left a soft spot in my heart.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08239KK8M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$249 less $100 off for $149. Put some Azla tips on them and they're great!
How do they stack up to your favs at this point. Oh dude... BTW... I finally picked up a pair of fokus pros'... I don't even have to say it... They truly are fantastic

Apr 9, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #44,295 of 62,205
How do they stack up to your favs at this point. Oh dude... BTW... I finally picked up a pair of fokus pros'... I don't even have to say it... They truly are fantastic
I am soooo tempted but the lack of ANC is what’s holding me back. How’s the “passive“ isolation? I’m guessing they have a hear through mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back