Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 9, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #44,296 of 62,439
Anyone tried both ZE3000 and Melomania Touch?
I’m torn between these two models…

Apr 9, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #44,297 of 62,439
I am soooo tempted but the lack of ANC is what’s holding me back. How’s the “passive“ isolation? I’m guessing they have a hear through mode?
I think the passive isolation is very good with these. With the stock tips and a good seal, I was listening to Eric Clapton next to some construction workers cutting rebar with a gas cutoff saw. Could hear it, but it was quite quiet. I have also used them with the vacuum cleaner and hardly heard it. No ambient/hear through with them (yet).

Apr 9, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #44,298 of 62,439
Ya I agree. Prob not in my top 5 but I am trying to help that guy out from a conversation prior to that and was running out of options that are under $100 that I have actually owned and heard... Lol. Nothing works😅. That's a great listing you have so far. I still haven't picked up the n6 pro 2. If it's anything even remotely close to the n6 pro (which I've heard it is slightly better all the way around) than it's a no brainer. Haven't checked out the Yamaha yet either... What model is that again? I know you and a couple others talked about them some pages back.
TWE5B. A bit along the lines of the Nuarl. Like the controls set up better and they fit better than the nuarl and no so heavy in the ear. Even though it is funny to say but they are less "there" when in the ear and it is more comfy and I find them more stable. Both around the same price, similar shape, Japanese, have ambient but not ANC. Think the Yammy are more real sounding even though both are technically good. Nuarl is clean but not as tonally correct. N6 Pro 2 has a bit too thick bass with the stock tips and needs to change to have better balance while the Yammy need tips to give more bass than the stock for me anyhow. Different direction to get near the same place for me. Can't go wrong with either. Really would not surprise me if, after the "A" series, Yamaha used the Nuarl N6 as some inspiration for the new design even though they certainly tweaked it toward what they wanted:)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #44,299 of 62,439
How do they stack up to your favs at this point. Oh dude... BTW... I finally picked up a pair of fokus pros'... I don't even have to say it... They truly are fantastic
Those look darn tempting! I have a feeling they would be the TWS that stack up against the Fiio UTWS5/FH5 for me. But that's a bit to rich for me at the moment. Need to win the lottery LOL.

Apr 9, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #44,300 of 62,439
You stick with the stock tips on the Fokus or changed them out?
Switched them out about 5 different times. Lol. I landed on some wide bore, short stem eartips. The other set which you can get off of Amazon is the Tenmak whirlwind eartips which sound to me just as good. I've had the Fokus for about 5-6 days now and I do like a wide bore on this set alot. I used spinfit, final audio tips, Fiio tips but the Fokus seem more open with tips like the Tenmak pair.

Apr 9, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #44,301 of 62,439
Those look darn tempting! I have a feeling they would be the TWS that stack up against the Fiio UTWS5/FH5 for me. But that's a bit to rich for me at the moment. Need to win the lottery LOL.
I wouldn't go that far but of course that also depends on what iem you pair with the utws5. Im going to do a review of this set for a Facebook group and pair it against some sets that I know real well... Spoiler... The Fokus win. Lol. Honestly the utws5 with a good iem and there's no match, the amps and dac withing are just too revealing and dynamic. However, dude I love the Fokus, they really are fantastic

Apr 9, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #44,302 of 62,439
TWE5B. A bit along the lines of the Nuarl. Like the controls set up better and they fit better than the nuarl and no so heavy in the ear. Even though it is funny to say but they are less "there" when in the ear and it is more comfy and I find them more stable. Both around the same price, similar shape, Japanese, have ambient but not ANC. Think the Yammy are more real sounding even though both are technically good. Nuarl is clean but not as tonally correct. N6 Pro 2 has a bit too thick bass with the stock tips and needs to change to have better balance while the Yammy need tips to give more bass than the stock for me anyhow. Different direction to get near the same place for me. Can't go wrong with either. Really would not surprise me if, after the "A" series, Yamaha used the Nuarl N6 as some inspiration for the new design even though they certainly tweaked it toward what they wanted:)
That was a perfect response for me. Thanks man. You told me everything I'd want to know. I agree about the n6 pro as well, partially why they aren't in my go to lineup. Thank you

Apr 9, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #44,303 of 62,439
I am soooo tempted but the lack of ANC is what’s holding me back. How’s the “passive“ isolation? I’m guessing they have a hear through mode?
This set has next to nothing... Lol. A fantastic app... They have that...lol. Truthfully, they don't need anc, because the passive isolation, at least for me, is better than some anc sets. This is strictly a SQ tws.

Apr 9, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #44,304 of 62,439
This set has next to nothing... Lol. A fantastic app... They have that...lol. Truthfully, they don't need anc, because the passive isolation, at least for me, is better than some anc sets. This is strictly a SQ tws.
They do have touch controls, which I never mention as I never use them (maybe play/pause). Totally agree on the app, it's simple and great.

Apr 9, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #44,306 of 62,439
You guys have convinced me… ordering them today and I’ll prob grab the Tenmak whirlwind eartips!

Where’s a good place to order the buds in USA? they don’t seem to be for sale on Amazon

only question in my mind is whether or not to cancel the Falcon ANCs I preorder

Apr 9, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #44,307 of 62,439
How do they stack up to your favs at this point. Oh dude... BTW... I finally picked up a pair of fokus pros'... I don't even have to say it... They truly are fantastic
For TWS, the Fokus and the EQ are still my fav. The E8 3G to still hold their own. Been enjoying them today. EQ sound better, but for $150, they are very nice. Of course, I can't really compare them to my Monarch MK2 and even the Midnight. Those are my alone time fun with no distractions. Been using the Linkbuds at the office and they're really working out great. Nice to hear what's going on with a little background tunes. That said, a few times, I thought there was music playing from someone else and turns out it was only me :).

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #44,308 of 62,439
Oppo Enco Air 2 sound pretty amazing, except for a 8kHz spike that needs EQ. Good detail resolution, tight bass. Better than Fiil CC imo.
Also, these sound very good for the asking price: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B09M3MK1QG/?th=1 and don't need EQ. Easily the best semi in-ears in terms of sound quality for money that I've tried. Connection stability outside the house is a tad wonky though, due to short stems.
Thank you for the suggestion. Ordered. I'm a big fan of the oppo w51. Looking forward to air 2

Apr 9, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #44,309 of 62,439
For TWS, the Fokus and the EQ are still my fav. The E8 3G to still hold their own. Been enjoying them today. EQ sound better, but for $150, they are very nice. Of course, I can't really compare them to my Monarch MK2 and even the Midnight. Those are my alone time fun with no distractions. Been using the Linkbuds at the office and they're really working out great. Nice to hear what's going on with a little background tunes. That said, a few times, I thought there was music playing from someone else and turns out it was only me :).
I have come to really appreciate the linkbuds for certain use cases. Fit, for me, is perfect. I can wear them for hours with no discomfort. I've also looked around because the staging in the linkbuds are unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back