Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 18, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #43,891 of 62,381
Mar 18, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #43,892 of 62,381
looking for advice.... I just surrendered my airpod pro's to my wife. What should I get as a replacement? (but not another APP because I need an excuse to get the new one, whenever if finally releases.). az60?

Mar 18, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #43,893 of 62,381
looking for advice.... I just surrendered my airpod pro's to my wife. What should I get as a replacement? (but not another APP because I need an excuse to get the new one, whenever if finally releases.). az60?
AZ60 is a great set man for sure. You may just want to get those and move on from there if they aren't to your liking. Most people live the AZ60 though

Mar 18, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #43,895 of 62,381
I like my AZ60s. Something to keep in mind is that these fit a little deeper in the ear than some, so if that is something that is uncomfortable for you, you may not like them. I only need one more set of Technics (wired iems) to complete the lineup here :D

Mar 18, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #43,897 of 62,381
It has been my experience that tips that don't work on some IEMs/TWS, work very well with others; I never discount tips just because they don't work well with something else. But also, sometimes if I can't seem to get anything to work well, I will increase size. I have more than one IEM that I was surprised with because of having to use a much larger (than normal) tip.

Which Spinfits did you end up getting? Glad you were able to find some that work well for you! :)

New SpinFit CP360

Mar 18, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #43,898 of 62,381
I’m not impressed with the Beoplay EQ. Since updating them the right earbud has stopped working which is unacceptable. I have updated lots of devices and it’s never broke the device. I had to take them back to the shop for a refund. I was very upset taking them back because the sound quality was sublime in the Beoplay EQ. I really regret updating to v6.1.2 but I needed the track skip function but instead all the update did was break the ear buds.
I’m so impressed with the Beoplay EQ - I did buy another one :beyersmile:

Mar 18, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #43,899 of 62,381
The new EarFun...

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #43,900 of 62,381
I’m so impressed with the Beoplay EQ - I did buy another one :beyersmile:

I think you are misunderstanding what I said about the Beoplay EQ. When I said I’m not impressed I mean’t I’m not impressed with the setup of updating. However, I’m really impressed with the sound quality which is a reason I asked for a replacement instead of a refund.

Anyway, I have successfully updated this time and enjoying the sublime sound quality.

Mar 18, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #43,901 of 62,381
I was interested in the Cleer Arc they were going to make but it never showed...
1647642219334.png

Open design beamform before the Linkbuds. :) Actually the Cleer Arc has made an appearance now in a new form...
1647642449646.png
1647642481068.png

https://cleeraudio.com/coming-soon/arc/
They do use aptX and get 7 hours of battery life but they are not tiny and 14.5 grams per side. Guess they gave up on the beamform speaker tech as these use 16.2mm graphene dynamic drivers. They do have beamform mics for the calls. Should be a better version of the BOSE Open buds as the case here charges and they have full control on the buds.
https://www.qucox.com/cleer-arc-headphones-review/

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #43,902 of 62,381
First serious frustration with the UTWS5 they were in the case but started to steal the BT from the car while I was driving
Ended up having to take them out of the case and turn them off from the app so I could use hands free while driving.

Wonder if the battery in the case ran out of juice, would that cause the IEMs to come alive like that while in the case?

Maddening when it happened...

Mar 19, 2022 at 1:30 AM Post #43,903 of 62,381
First serious frustration with the UTWS5 they were in the case but started to steal the BT from the car while I was driving
Ended up having to take them out of the case and turn them off from the app so I could use hands free while driving.

Wonder if the battery in the case ran out of juice, would that cause the IEMs to come alive like that while in the case?

Yup, it's happened to me a few times. Not sure if FiiO will fix it in the next firmware update but they are aware of this issue.

Mar 19, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #43,904 of 62,381
The good news is taking them out of the case and then turning them works. But that is a pain in the *** :wink:

Mar 19, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #43,905 of 62,381

Charge the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back