Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 12, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #43,711 of 62,437
PXL_20220312_061224840.jpg

Went to test the Nuarl N10 plus at a local audio store. The shop assistant gave me an odd look and plopped the LG FP9 in front of me too.

He said they can't move the Nuarl N10 plus due to how huge the iems and charging case are, while the FP9 are selling like hot cakes.

No harm trying both since I was already there.

The Nuarl N10 plus sounded slightly better to me but it's strictly down to the FP9 being warmer than the N10. I can imagine most people picking the FP9 because of the bass. It's ample, rumbling bass but doesn't power over the mids. But I felt it lost abit in term of resolution compared to the N10.

The N10 is a no go though, it can't fit well in my ears and the huge charging case... If I try to fit it in my jean pocket, people will think I'm super well endowed.

I tried to read up on the FP series. It seems like all 3 models sound the same but just differs in features like uv cleaning, wireless charging etc?

Mar 12, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #43,712 of 62,437
I removed the EQ from the app and removed them from my iPhone and then set them up again on my iPhone and app but still there is no new update and my Beoplay EQ still only shows v5.3.7.

I’ll have to contact B&O support.
Have you tried resetting the buds to factory settings before setting them up again? Do you have the most recent version of the app?

Other than that, nothing that comes to mind right now. Maybe the update is released to certain geographical regions sooner/later 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mar 12, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #43,713 of 62,437
Have you tried resetting the buds to factory settings before setting them up again? Do you have the most recent version of the app?

Other than that, nothing that comes to mind right now. Maybe the update is released to certain geographical regions sooner/later 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yesterday, when I first paired my EQ buds to my iPhone and the app the only update available was v5.3.7. That update was installed. However, the newer update v6.1.2 doesn't show up so I'm stuck on v5.3.7.

I tried everything you mentioned. I reset my EQ buds to the factory settings, I removed the buds from the app and I even deleted the app and reinstalled the app but there is still no notification of the new v6.1.2 update.

Maybe it isn't available yet for customers in the UK. It would be interesting if any UK members could confirm this.

Mar 12, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #43,714 of 62,437
Yesterday, when I first paired my EQ buds to my iPhone and the app the only update available was v5.3.7. That update was installed. However, the newer update v6.1.2 doesn't show up so I'm stuck on v5.3.7.

I tried everything you mentioned. I reset my EQ buds to the factory settings, I removed the buds from the app and I even deleted the app and reinstalled the app but there is still no notification of the new v6.1.2 update.

Maybe it isn't available yet for customers in the UK. It would be interesting if any UK members could confirm this.
Seems like it will be released globally "within the next few days" someone just mentioned on reddit and who had this information from B&O customer support directly!

Mar 12, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #43,715 of 62,437
Mar 12, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #43,716 of 62,437
Back in this forum after a longer absence because I decided to go fully wireless with headphones and in ears as I kind of stopped using my wired headphones grabbing the ever so convenient airpods pro instead. I've tried some of the former hyped ones such as the CA Melomania Touch and so on but nothing worked for me as I'm looking for neutralish in ears with as much soundstage as possible. That being said: Is there anything new out there that I should give a go?

I recently ordered the XM4s and was pretty disappointed (in many ways) and that's what brought me back here, actually. Now I have the EAH-AZ60s here with me, which are the first tws in ears I tend to like more than the ones I've had, but it's still to soon to judge them. Two things I noticed: I'm torn between earbud sizes - L fits good and sounds good, XL also ok but slightly alters sound. Other than that I adjust volume more often on these and they are pretty loud. I'm on 1/3 - 1/2 volume on my Macbook Pro.

Other question: Is there a thread like this one for over ears? Haven't found one that is posted on regularly and I need some advice in my ongoing search for good over ears too.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #43,717 of 62,437
Just purchased the Kef MU3 and am taken aback how goods these actually are. I wasn’t expecting too much but the musicality, separation and layering are exceptional. A bit no frills in terms of features but the build and sq are punching way above their weight class, IMO. I’m reaching for these more than my Solaris or even full size headphones. Not just for the convenience factor but because of their sheer enjoyability.

Thinking of getting a second set just as backup.!
Haven't thought about these in a long while ... you made me look now again :) Seems they are not easy to be found in Japan, but of course e-earphone has one pair available for about 180$ ... but for just a tad more I can also get a used set of AZ60 ... hmm .. and overall: I really do not need another set!

Mar 12, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #43,718 of 62,437
Back in this forum after a longer absence because I decided to go fully wireless with headphones and in ears as i kind of stopped using my wired headphones an grabbing the ever so convenient airpods pro. I've tried some of the former hyped ones such as the CA Melomania Touch and so on but nothing worked for me as I'm looking for neutralish in ears with as much soundstage as possible. That being said: Is there anything new out there that I should give a go?

I recently ordered the XM4s and was pretty disappointed (in many ways) and that's what brought me back here, actually. Now I have the EAH-AZ60s here with me, which are the first tws in ears I tend to like more than the ones I've had, but it's still to soon to judge them. Two things I noticed: I'm torn between earbud sizes - L fits good and sounds good, XL also ok but slightly alters sound. Other than that I adjust volume more often on these and they are pretty loud. I'm on 1/3 - 1/2 volume on my Macbook Pro.

Other question: Is there a thread like this one for over ears? Haven't found one that is posted on regularly and I need some advice in my ongoing search for good over ears too.
I can't speak to the TWS because I haven't bought any in a while other than the Sony Linkbuds (but I can say that my Nuarl N6 Pro are pretty darned neutral), but for BT headphones unless there is something new I am not aware of, the Hifiman Deva Pro, and Hifiman Ananda BT are still the very best BT you can get.

Mar 12, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #43,719 of 62,437
Back in this forum after a longer absence because I decided to go fully wireless with headphones and in ears as i kind of stopped using my wired headphones an grabbing the ever so convenient airpods pro. I've tried some of the former hyped ones such as the CA Melomania Touch and so on but nothing worked for me as I'm looking for neutralish in ears with as much soundstage as possible. That being said: Is there anything new out there that I should give a go?

I have the AZ60 and they are my best TWS followed the the Galaxy Bud Pro. The GBP has a bit more mid treble energy the AZ60 has more bass-mid energy with decent treble.

But I recently bought the UTWS5 TW adapter and have paired it with the Fiio FH5 and have to say I have a hard time listening my other TWS since I got this combo. It just exposes all of the compromises TWS have in regard to audio quality.

I don't know of any good full-size headphone thread that is the equivalent to this.

Someone mentioned the 2 Hifiman BT options, I think those look good as they put an adapter onto the headphone if I am not mistaken this ensure the integrity of the headphone is not compromised by all the additional electronics. I believe Beyerdynamic also has a decent BT headphone option as well. Shure also has 2 different BT over ear headphones. Sony has just gone to dark over the past few years so getting hard to recommend them.

Mar 12, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #43,723 of 62,437
I picked up the Jabra Elite 7 Pro and the Technics AZ60 at the same time. I am keeping the former and returning the latter. I’ve been a fan of the Elite Active 75t for a good while, and these really do improve upon them in just about every way. They work. They fit well. The sound isn’t disappointing. They feel substantial. I was struck by how cheap the Technics feel by contrast. I have smallish ears, and the Technics were a no go from the start. They protruded, and they were not comfy. The Jabra’s have them soundly licked there. Yes, the Technics sounded more airy and open, but after I tried them out I put in my KZ Zex Pro + AZ09 adapters, and I thought “ok, those aren’t worth $229 to me.” The Jabra’s are a better, more comfy package, and the KZ combo sounded much better to me. And I really had high hopes for the Technics.

Mar 12, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #43,724 of 62,437
I picked up the Jabra Elite 7 Pro and the Technics AZ60 at the same time. I am keeping the former and returning the latter. I’ve been a fan of the Elite Active 75t for a good while, and these really do improve upon them in just about every way. They work. They fit well. The sound isn’t disappointing. They feel substantial. I was struck by how cheap the Technics feel by contrast. I have smallish ears, and the Technics were a no go from the start. They protruded, and they were not comfy. The Jabra’s have them soundly licked there. Yes, the Technics sounded more airy and open, but after I tried them out I put in my KZ Zex Pro + AZ09 adapters, and I thought “ok, those aren’t worth $229 to me.” The Jabra’s are a better, more comfy package, and the KZ combo sounded much better to me. And I really had high hopes for the Technics.

Well ofc a pair of wireless adapters + proper IEMS will sound better...But then you lose various functionalities of a true tws + both the case/adapter are alot bulkier.

Personally I can't stand the sound quality of Jabras, unless they've improved drastically since I last tried a pair.

I don't think the AZ60s feels any cheaper than any other tws in the price range either.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #43,725 of 62,437
… But for sure, if I get this problem again, it’ll be … moving on.
Yep, same problem with the new set — this time it’s the right module.

Maybe I’m just too stupid to get them to charge consistently, but I’m not going to live with this. Too bad, I like everything about them … when they work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back