Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 19, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #43,276 of 62,457
Show her that collection? Tell her, “Yeah, but this is different! I can heeeear you now.”
I don't want to test her, sometimes staying quiet keeps me out of trouble. Just received Softears Volume, Kinera Nanna 1.0 and placed order for a Shouer EJ07M Lava. So more boxes around the desk

Feb 19, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #43,277 of 62,457
I don't want to test her, sometimes staying quiet keeps me out of trouble. Just received Softears Volume, Kinera Nanna 1.0 and placed order for a Shouer EJ07M Lava. So more boxes around the desk
Yeah I hear you. I just repurchased the Thieaudio Legacy 4 and 7hz to try on my Shure TW2 adapter. TL4 arrived and Amazon rang the doorbell which is rare. I was like, uh oh!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #43,279 of 62,457
Has anyone tried foam tips for the Jabra 75t? The Comply's are expensive, but there are quite a few cheap ones on AliExpress that say they're compatible with the 75t's. Looking to improve passive isolation. I tried the CP360 tips, and while they're slightly more comfortable, they take longer to seat properly in the ear and I don't think they have any effect on isolation.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #43,280 of 62,457
Has anyone tried foam tips for the Jabra 75t? The Comply's are expensive, but there are quite a few cheap ones on AliExpress that say they're compatible with the 75t's. Looking to improve passive isolation. I tried the CP360 tips, and while they're slightly more comfortable, they take longer to seat properly in the ear and I don't think they have any effect on isolation.

I have tried SO MANY cheap foam tips with my 75t. The biggest problem with most of them is that you'll lose them in your ears - they have a plain inner tube to match as many IEMs as possible, which means they easily pop off when you pull out your earbuds. That even counts for quite expensive InAirs. Comply TrueGrip Pro TW-170 however are built to click and attach to the 75ts which makes them a great choice. Check out the fourth image here: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B094V88358/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One thing to be aware of: once you get that perfect seal, the 75t combined with TrueGrips and ANC won't let you hear ANYTHING. Not even incoming cars. I almost had to learn that the hard way.

Feb 20, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #43,281 of 62,457
Feb 20, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #43,282 of 62,457
I have tried SO MANY cheap foam tips with my 75t. The biggest problem with most of them is that you'll lose them in your ears - they have a plain inner tube to match as many IEMs as possible, which means they easily pop off when you pull out your earbuds. That even counts for quite expensive InAirs. Comply TrueGrip Pro TW-170 however are built to click and attach to the 75ts which makes them a great choice. Check out the fourth image here: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B094V88358/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One thing to be aware of: once you get that perfect seal, the 75t combined with TrueGrips and ANC won't let you hear ANYTHING. Not even incoming cars. I almost had to learn that the hard way.

Yeah I too hate seeing eartips say they're compatible for the 75t only to see that there's no lip to attach onto the nozzle but rather just a push fit and using friction to secure it. Even the Comply TrueGrip for the 75t's don't have that groove to secure to the nozzle lip. (EDIT: Maybe Comply just used a generic stock image for that cross section, IDK)

I did see these on Ali which seem to have a secure fit. Have you tried them? They're also rebranded as Misodiko and a few others too.

Not hearing anything is what I'm aiming for haha! I assume then the 75t's are a good base to mod with foam tips for passive noise isolation then? They're the only TWS that I have so can't compare to anything else. I did consider getting the XM4's for their improved ANC. But for my use case I need more traffic noise suppression than low rumble suppression which is more of a passive isolation thing, and I guess the deep insertion of the 75t's are pretty good for that.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #43,284 of 62,457
How accurate is the run time on a charge with the linkbuds? Anyone go start to finish yet?
speaking of 'run' time .. has anyone try running with them yet? I would expect them to be thud-less ... once I get mine (release here next friday, so I might get them Saturday) I will compare mainly with the Aeropex Aftershokz (which is actually my 'wife still wants to talk to me' set)

Feb 20, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #43,286 of 62,457
Okay... Ummmm.... I can absolutely say that the hype is justified here. I'm kind of blown away. What HBB did for $100 is silly. These are better than the Oxygen. This is still Honeymoon but, why aren't these $400. So resolving, male/female vocals... The entire soundstage is wonderful. This is single Dynamics at their best. For..... $100.
Thanks, love the mini review. Found your thread on fb too, it turned massive fast. I love the olina, it's interesting that you and michael bruce both say it's better than oxygen. I was wondering why oxygen wasn't more hyped before except by bruce. So I'm both happy that I really like the oxygen, but I'm sad because I don't want to have to hit the $300-600 range to be around this level, which is what bruce was saying you'd have to hit with other iems to be on par with the olina.

Feb 20, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #43,287 of 62,457
Yeah I hear you. Use repurchased the Thieaudio Legacy 4 and 7hz to try on my Shure TW2 adapter. TL4 arrived and Amazon rang the doorbell which is rare. I was like, uh oh!
This hits very close to home. I have to watch the Amazon delivery map at times and go out for quick "walks" to "de-stress" =)

Feb 20, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #43,288 of 62,457
Yeah I too hate seeing eartips say they're compatible for the 75t only to see that there's no lip to attach onto the nozzle but rather just a push fit and using friction to secure it. Even the Comply TrueGrip for the 75t's don't have that groove to secure to the nozzle lip. (EDIT: Maybe Comply just used a generic stock image for that cross section, IDK)

I did see these on Ali which seem to have a secure fit. Have you tried them? They're also rebranded as Misodiko and a few others too.

Not hearing anything is what I'm aiming for haha! I assume then the 75t's are a good base to mod with foam tips for passive noise isolation then? They're the only TWS that I have so can't compare to anything else. I did consider getting the XM4's for their improved ANC. But for my use case I need more traffic noise suppression than low rumble suppression which is more of a passive isolation thing, and I guess the deep insertion of the 75t's are pretty good for that.
When I'm back home I'l check my TrueGrips for that lip, to be honest I don't remember. But they didn't fall off, for what it's worth.

The 75ts are a great base for passive noise isolation since their nozzle is smaller than other wireless IEMs. I'm struggling to get a perfect seal with my new Technics, they're just too big for my ears. Might have to go back to the 75t‘s...

Feb 20, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #43,289 of 62,457
speaking of 'run' time .. has anyone try running with them yet? I would expect them to be thud-less ... once I get mine (release here next friday, so I might get them Saturday) I will compare mainly with the Aeropex Aftershokz (which is actually my 'wife still wants to talk to me' set)
Linkbuds and jogging? No "thump" with these?
I can't imagine these staying in ear reliably for a run.
Just got back from playing 2 hours of half court 3 on 3 basketball. Plenty of short burst hard running, change of direction cuts, spinning moves and jumping for rebounds and shots. The Linkbuds didn't budge at all and no thumping noise like you can get with IEMs. Of course since they are open to ambient sound any music I had playing was drown out sometimes by general basketball court noise (there were other ballers on the other half court making a lot of noise) and I was too busy playing to adjust the volume. I had the Linkbuds connected to my Garmin Venu 2 watch which I use for activity tracking and on the go music (when a DAP or phone is very inconvenient). I didn't experience any dropout either. Anyway YMMV, but I think you're good to go.

Feb 20, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #43,290 of 62,457
First impressions of the Linkbuds:

Not overly impressed, all things considered. They sound ok/good for what they are but are (understandably) quite thin-ish and bass light and somewhat metallic at times. They're not meant for total and pure music enjoyment, I get that, but to me and my ears they don't sound a whole lot better than, say, Apple EarPods. They absolutely need to be in the perfect position inside your ear though to sound their best. If not they can quickly sound like cr*p. They do get loud enough on my iPhone 13 Pro Max, no problems there.

They're very light and fairly comfortable but not as comfortable as I hoped they would be. Yes, nothing is inside the ear but I still feel like that hard plastic is not as comfortable as it could or should be at least to my ears. Maybe I have to get used to it a bit more, mind you. I read in reviews that they wouldn't leak significantly more sound than comparable TWS buds which I was sceptical about given their open nature. In real life and comparing them to my other buds, I would say they do leak more which was confirmed by people around me. Call quality seems to be good and better than on my WF-1000XM4, though. The case is nice and small, the design is a novelty and a looker. Wireless charging would have been nice. Battery life so far is average but not too bad. I quite like the outside the ear tapping (temple area). It doesn't work all the time for me but more often than not. It's good that you can also tap on the buds, though. Only double and triple taps are possible, no single taps but you can configure each bud individually in the accompanying Sony app, which is also nice. Right now, I use volume up and down on the left side as well as pause + next track on the right bud.

Connection issues have been mentioned here already and I can also report that signal strength is worse than on most of my other buds. They drop out sooner and als more frequently. Maybe firmware updates in the future can improve things a bit on that side.

I think these really are buds for specific situations and use cases. Maybe listening to podcasts and videos when walking around the house when you don't want to miss the doorbell, maybe for some sport situations, maybe even ok for sleeping (haven't tested that yet), maybe in the home office as they are pretty good with calls. You could do most of these things with regular Airpods as well, mind you. They're not bad buds per se but probably too case specific for me.

I might give them back or sell them on a discount here in case anyone is interested and wants to try them out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back