Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 18, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #43,217 of 63,214
Wonder if SoundPeats got to grips with their lacking QC for these new buds as they sure like to throw out far too many new models per year.
They do throw alot of spaghetti at walls. Some stick... Some don't. The H1 are bonkers good at the price they are at if SQ means most to a person. The AKG are just such a nice set. A complete package.

Feb 18, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #43,218 of 63,214
Well going to do my tax return tomorrow. If I get a return I will use that to buy the TWS adapter. Been seesawing between the Fiio UTWS5 and Shure TW2 and think I am going to try Fiio and keep it in the same family :).

Have so say I have basically stopped using my other TWS at this point even with having to deal with cables and stuff. The difference between the FH5 in combination with the Radsone ES100 or my Pono player is just to hard to ignore. So now just need to complete the set with the adapter and go from there.

Hate to say it but my brain has already started to think, what would the FH9 sound like... LOL. But I think I will stay firm and just enjoy the FH5. They sound very nice and the sound stage is still better than another other TWS I have tried, not mention great 3D imaging, and excellent detail and emotion.
I wish I could say I tried the FH9. I have tried the fh7 and I would prob choose fh5 over them. However that is just me. The balanced tonality of the Fh5 is awesome and they get better with age. I didn't own the fh7 long enough to see if age would better them. There is a number of great sets in the price point though and stiff competition for the fh5. The resolution is great on that set man. It is warmer than neutral but still has good extension, with nothing offensive. It is a good set to have before you upgrade and the build quality is top notch

Feb 18, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #43,219 of 63,214
I funded the H1's and got the H1 Prem but I have been sent 3 pairs and all have the low volume on one side and one set from new had a bad battery in one side that gets really hot on charge and dies to 9% while the other is still 90%.

Same low volume on Sonic Pro (two pairs now), original Sonics one side died totally in 7-10 days from new, and the T2's, same clicking noise noise in right bud after ANC enabled (random at first but got more frequent) many reported.

All my non TWS SoundPeats BT earbuds/Neckbands were amazing, lasted at least 1-2 years and wires gave up as per normal wear and tear.

TBH the Sonic Pros to me and a few others in comments sound better to me than the H1's which seem to have something weird going on with the bass.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #43,220 of 63,214
I funded the H1's and got the H1 Prem but I have been sent 3 pairs and all have the low volume on one side and one set new had a bad battery in one side that gets really hot on change and dies to 9% while the other is still 90%.

Same low voume on Sonmic Pro (two pais now), orginal Sonics one side died in 7-10days, and the t2, same electic noise in right bud after ANC enabled (random at fiorst but got more frewuaent).
Wow.... Dude. I got mine from Amazon about a year ago and they've been wonderful. I had no idea that QC was so bad. That stinks

Feb 18, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #43,221 of 63,214
Yes, read Kickstarter and Amazon UK/US comments (I typed poorly the above after putting drops in my eyes so I have since edited and fixed typos), getting to that time of night.

Did you ever use the App be it the first time round before it was pulled as crap (poor feedback) or the new one and if so did you get offered a FW update?

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #43,222 of 63,214
Yes, read Kickstarter and Amazon UK/US comments (I typed poorly the above after putting drops in my eyes so I have since edited and fixed typos), getting to that time of night.

Did you ever use the App be it the first time round before it was pulled as crap (poor feedback) or the new one and if so did you get offered a FW update?
Yes I did recieve an update upon getting the app. Ya know if you ever had a working pair of H1's than you prob know... These have some great SQ. The volume on mine is one of the loudest of any tws I've ever had and trust me I want my buds loud. I did hate the sonics as they were the lowest volume I've ever tried... Lol.

Feb 18, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #43,223 of 63,214
Yes original Sonic were too low volume at 100%, the H1 are really loud and Sonics Pro are in between, I go to sleep with my Sonic Pro playing brown noise (no EQ) @ 19% Vol (That is the weird steps in Windows it does but varies on other models), but the H1 need to go to 24% Vol to be same level but it adds bass (not in a good way and again no EQ) and that is not good to sleep with.

Battery claims are BS on them all, even at 19% Vol + AAC I cannot get the hours they claim for 60% Vol + AAC.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #43,224 of 63,214
Yes original Sonic were too low volume at 100%, the H1 are really loud and sonics Pro are in between, I go to sleep with my Sonic Pro playing brown noise (no EQ) @ 19% Vol (That is the weird steps in Windows it does but varies on other models), but the H1 need to go to 24 Vol to be same level but it adds bass (not in a good way and again no EQ) and that is not good to sleep with.

Battery claims are BS on them all, even at 19% Vol + AAC I cannot get the hours they claim for 60% Vol + AAC.
All in all I guess it's something you can expect from budget buds. Granted they are pretty nice for that segment. I have enjoyed the H1 and have gone back and forth a hair about the h2... I like good price to performance but a good premium set for the most part is a better investment for sure. Yes I am captain obvious

Feb 18, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #43,227 of 63,214
Yes but I am primary looking for good SQ not ANC that in reality does not work well apart from low end hums like AC/Fans (I do not sit next to AC/Fans), hence I decided not to type that at end of my post.
Sound quality is always my first consideration with TWS for me too. All the rest is bonus to me. :)

Feb 18, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #43,228 of 63,214
Feb 19, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #43,229 of 63,214
Just got my olinas. My first impressions are yep, the hype is real. They're like a way better galaxy bud pros for a more common tws. When I first got into iem's and got my timeless, I was expecting it to sound like how the olina sounds. From what some reviews are saying, I think this will be my end game until monarch mk2 and variations. I'll keep slumming around the $50- level though!

Feb 19, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #43,230 of 63,214
i have a $200 promo code for samsung online that I got from work last year, wish those AKG N400s were available on that site. i'm not in the Samsung sandbox, so not really crazy about getting the Buds pro, but maybe the buds live for the design....hm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back