Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 17, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #43,172 of 62,458
So, I wonder if these will be like donuts, where instead of throwing the hole cutouts away, they sell as "donut holes"?! Will Sony sell us those for $50 and call them revolutionary?? :stuck_out_tongue:
Nope, due to miniaturization Sony will market them as hidden in ear hearing aids. Because they would be medical devices the asking price would be big bucks not $50.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #43,173 of 62,458
This is where my questions start. I have the TW2s “almost” on the way, probably with the blue 215s.

I have the Rai Solo which I like quite a lot and I’ve been eyeing the Blessing 2 Dusk (VERY difficult to get for me vs the regular version) buuut I haven’t read much about their sound and connection to the Shure adapter.

Now this OH10. The Kato. They sound pretty solid. Who’s the king (or kings) to pair with this adapter for around or less than 300 bucks?

@Ceeluh7 @erockg others who have these combos... thanks for your detailed help. How do they compare?

Thanks
I'm sorry I just saw this. The very first thought I had would be the Fiio fd5. Read up in it. It is quite an impressive single DD, beryllium. It is pretty sensitive which makes for a great pairing with any of these adapters. I'll think about it more but I just saw this post...the fd5 is mmcx and small but a beast at the same time. Also I am thinking of sets around 300ish. There are some as well under that mark but I will stay around 300 with these

Also....

Bgvp DM8
Sennheiser ie300
Audiosense t800
Aune Jasper
Bgvp ns9

I'm focusing on mmcx connections... These are my initial thoughts... I'll get back on it tomorrow. There is just many more 2 pin connection sets anymore

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #43,174 of 62,458
Eagerly awaiting your impressions (and my set)... :)
They sound great for what they are. Better than you can expect. And there is bass and sub bass. I did EQ them in the app. Bass is light but there and decent. Calls are great. Zero issues on both ends. Cheek taps work great and it’s nice to have volume control on one ear and play/pause on the other. Case is tiny. AirPods first Gen tiny.

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #43,175 of 62,458
Just got the blon 03. Really disappointed. Def not my thing for sound sig. Seems more in the ballpark of kz crn. My three least favs right now are kz crn, mele, and blon 03 in that order from least fav to most fav. Can't win em all. Something that sounds similar to this, but that I like a lot is the tanya.

I'm tempted by the cra next, but I feel like maybe I have too many cheap iems now.

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #43,176 of 62,458
Just got the blon 03. Really disappointed. Def not my thing for sound sig. Seems more in the ballpark of kz crn. My three least favs right now are kz crn, mele, and blon 03 in that order from least fav to most fav. Can't win em all. Something that sounds similar to this, but that I like a lot is the tanya.

I'm tempted by the cra next, but I feel like maybe I have too many cheap iems now.
Haha... Ya it isn't for everyone. It seems you like a more harmanish sound. The Mele is the direct upgrade to the Blon 03. I didn't like the crn either. I will say that giving them a bit extra power and all of these mentioned need burned in for at least 50 hrs, but if you don't like the sound sig then we must move on.. Lol. The Cra is brighter up top with plenty of bass. The treble really extends well on that set which is not normal for a budget set. We will find what works for you man. To be honest I truthfully enjoy every sound sig except I don't like anything lacking at least a little bit of low end. I could give you rec's but for me I really enjoy different styles and tonalities and try to get different sounding iems mainly because my what I prefer changes by the day... If you like Tanya, which is a under $20 set that punches ridiculously higher than it's price. Tanya has bigger Bass but extends well in the treble region. Bigger mid bass than sub bass and warmer lower mids...thats a start

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #43,177 of 62,458

Yeah, it's tough to find what sounds really good to you, when you can't audition them first. I haven't heard any of the others on your list there, but I just got my CRA today, and I am really shocked at how good they sound. They ARE super bassy, but not Skullcandy/beats boosted. You can hear the rest of the music clearly. Some think they are a bit harsh up top sometimes, but I don't find that so, and I am sensitive to 3-5k area (of course anything above that I am not sensitive to).

I think these will pair well with a great BT adaptor.

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #43,178 of 62,458
Yeah, it's tough to find what sounds really good to you, when you can't audition them first. I haven't heard any of the others on your list there, but I just got my CRA today, and I am really shocked at how good they sound. They ARE super bassy, but not Skullcandy/beats boosted. You can hear the rest of the music clearly. Some think they are a bit harsh up top sometimes, but I don't find that so, and I am sensitive to 3-5k area (of course anything above that I am not sensitive to).

Totally agree. Sensitive and play the whole mix well. It can be a polarizing set as some can't stand the Cra.. Like you mentioned but some really love it.

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #43,180 of 62,458
Totally agree. Sensitive and play the whole mix well. It can be a polarizing set as some can't stand the Cra.. Like you mentioned but some really love it.
I think it is going to really depend on what you are listening to with them. They aren't great at some things, but fantastic at others. TOTL killers? No, but who cares for $15?! :) They certainly are a no brainer for the price. I have $100 IEMs that don't really sound as good overall.

On the other hand, I have a few that punch in at much higher (still not for this price though), but for the price difference, the only ones I have heard that sound similar for a similar price was back in 2014 (I think??) in the Xiaomi Piston II. They were the first (commercially available) Beryllium drivers, and it showed. Also, they were one of the first to have buttons and mic that worked on android devices. They were around $15-$20 also (HERE). They really are pretty similar in sound, but don't have a detachable cable. The fit and finish though on the CRA, again for the price, is simply amazing.

I haven't been a bass-head for years, but these are end game for that purpose IMHO. They won't replace my high-end gear, but make perfect beaters, and when I want to thump... LOL Anyhow, enough gushing I suppose.

Feb 18, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #43,183 of 62,458
My video about Technics EAH-AZ60. In short: good modern TWS with ANC, LDAC and lots of tweakable features. Sound is also on the appropriate level. IMO — a good addition to "flagships" tier of True Wirless

A couple of weeks ago I wrote that while I love, love, LOVE the sound of my EAH-AZ60, they're really made for bigger ears. They look stellar, they sound exceptional, they're built well and come with a great app, but smaller ear canals like mine may suffer so much that I considered selling them.

Then I tried something.

My Jabra Elite 75t are still my go-to earbuds when it comes to comfort. They have those nice, very short silicone eartips that just about cover the entrance to your ear canal, especially the smallest ones. I just took those and forced them onto my EAH-AZ60 - the nozzle size is bigger, but with a bit of work they fit.

And born were my new favorite IEMs!

They sort of "float" in my ears now. I can hardly feel them. Fantastic sound, great stage, and now a wonderful fit. If you have any problem with your ear canal size you should try this.

Feb 18, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #43,184 of 62,458
Bud holes arrived. Going to stick my ears in them for the evening.

Gotta admit, they’re goooood.
Darn, and choo-choo, here comes the train again!

Can't believe I still have to wait until 25th for release here ...

I can imagine using them here around the house when ppl constantly want to talk to me ... usually when I JUST got some IEMs to fit 100%
Also curious to hear for runners' impressions ...

Amazon here has them finally up for pre-order with 10% amzn pts ... hmmm ... tempting
(EDIT: my mind was weak and I caved in and darn, the amazon system is screwed ... when I try to pre-order, after the payment page, it tells me "

You cannot buy this item because it's out of stock​

yep, that's why they call it pre-order? )

EDIT 2: ... (ok, but it does show up in my orders now)

Attachments

• Amazon_co_jp__Sony_Wireless_Earbuds__LinkBuds_WF-L900__Fully_Wireless_Earbuds__Small_and_Light...jpg
    Amazon_co_jp__Sony_Wireless_Earbuds__LinkBuds_WF-L900__Fully_Wireless_Earbuds__Small_and_Light...jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #43,185 of 62,458
Haha... Ya it isn't for everyone. It seems you like a more harmanish sound. The Mele is the direct upgrade to the Blon 03. I didn't like the crn either. I will say that giving them a bit extra power and all of these mentioned need burned in for at least 50 hrs, but if you don't like the sound sig then we must move on.. Lol. The Cra is brighter up top with plenty of bass. The treble really extends well on that set which is not normal for a budget set. We will find what works for you man. To be honest I truthfully enjoy every sound sig except I don't like anything lacking at least a little bit of low end. I could give you rec's but for me I really enjoy different styles and tonalities and try to get different sounding iems mainly because my what I prefer changes by the day... If you like Tanya, which is a under $20 set that punches ridiculously higher than it's price. Tanya has bigger Bass but extends well in the treble region. Bigger mid bass than sub bass and warmer lower mids...thats a start
Hmm interesting, I thought I hated harman curve. I'm not a fan of the galaxy line except the pros which are warmer, but even that isn't warm enough for me. I've been using my vidos a lot lately, they're great. I still have the fh3 with go blu in mind, but that's hitting a diff price tier than $20- level. I also like the he01 so much I've been wanting to try the he03, but having the same mental block where it's about 150 with better options out there now possibly.

Thanks, I'll order the cra. Might get the dq6s as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back