Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 16, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #43,098 of 62,801
I am still pretty torn about what I think about those LinkBuds ... I was kinda ready this morning to travel to Akihabara in hopes that at 10AM e-earphone would have them already ... but then I saw the first YT videos ... and well .. my enthusiasm waned a bit, I especially scoffed at this 'sustainable made from recycled plastic', while at the same time they have sent out those single use press-kit boxes for extra WOW youtube unboxing videos ... that rubbed me kinda wrong.
Thinking a bit more clearly ... would I really spend 180$ on a no-ANC, no AptX / LDAC bud, just because it is new, shiny, different and SONY (yes, still, I probably would, but with a pause) ... and I keep coming back to comparing them to my Aftershokz ... would they be a could replacement for those ... (not that they need replacing) ...

Well, I will check if any of the big electronic shops i might come across tomorrow have them out to try ... bit confused that Amazon.JP does not feature them yet .... they might do the US market first? We shall see

I very much get the 'flat earbud' feel that @samandhi brought up a few times ... say samandhi, were you / are you part of that very active FB group on that topic? I used to hang around their a lot and bought way too much :D

Edit: Oh, good I did not trek all the way to get those linkbuds .. seems release in Japan is 25th ... this is kinda crappy coming from a JAPANESE company!

SONY_Sony_Link_Buds__WF-L900__Gray___e_☆_Earphone_🔊.jpg
Nope, no FB for me (haven't visited my account in years now LOL). But the thread on here regarding earbuds (of all types, much like this thread) is heavily visited by many, and is actually longer than this one (who would have thought that possible) at 4k(ish). I DO get what you are saying about buying too much. I am in that boat too! :)
Sorry. Don’t agree. I know lately a lot of talk has been had for IEMs but that’s because, while we wait for higher resolution in Bluetooth, the “adapters” are here. The connecting info here is soooo useful.

And the main subject is and will be TWS.

Just my opinion. Thanks.
Amen brother! If an IEM is being hooked up to wireless, IMO it falls into the category of the title of this thread, which is NOT TWS, but "Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?" Of course, this is all my opinion also, and I could be totally off base here. As for myself, I love this thread for the very reason that it has a versatility of things offered here. I have bought more than one TWS, and IEM because I saw it on here. If it gets split, I would still follow both, but I wouldn't like it as much.
It is what it is. No sane person would start on page 1 go through this thread. Search is your friend. Anyway, TWS tech improves over time so most recent info is of interest.

It does make sense to split up adapters just to organize if better. I know it's not gonna happen though.
I am totally insane then............:upside_down: I have read every page from the very start. I have also read all 4k(ish) pages of the earbuds thread. When I throw in, I am all in I guess. LOL

Feb 16, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #43,100 of 62,801
The day when TWS becomes ideal all in one that does most things that switches automatically with perfect intuition is the day I'm looking forward to!
Amen to that!

Recently I am getting the most annoying, opposite-of-intuitive multipoint kerfuffles: I.e. I am happily listening to music from my iPhone on my ATHs .. when the music stops and I see that the Airpods have hijacked the connection .. WHILE STILL IN CASE ...

Or even just Airpods and mac / iPhone ... sometimes it switches between devices for no apparent reason .. or i cannot get it to switch when I want it .. i.e. by stopping music on one device and then start on the other ...

The case of 'in-case airpods' hijackings has become especially annoying lately ...

Feb 16, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #43,101 of 62,801
Can anyone help??
Fiil T1 XS vs Earfun Free Mini?

And then how much better is the Earfun Free Pro 2 ?
I had the t1xs up until recently when I decided to test its limits in the washer. I can confirm they are relatively waterproof but unfortunately only with the right bud as I can't find the left. Almost bought a second pair, but decided to try something different and am waiting for my new AKG n400's to arrive ($48 @akg.com).

Enjoyed the sound a lot. Stayed in my ears during a few runs for minutes at a time, but I probably could've gone for a bigger tip and they would've been fine.

Didn't care for the touch controls, but recently installed the app and it allowed for more adjustments to sensitivity but I didn't get a chance to dial it in. The EQ in the app looked to be good.

Overall, would definitely recommend them!

Feb 16, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #43,103 of 62,801
Can anyone help??
Fiil T1 XS vs Earfun Free Mini?

And then how much better is the Earfun Free Pro 2 ?
I got the Earfun Free Mini for my wife and she like them a lot. I found the sound to lack volume, she find the volume ok, what is weird because my hears tend to be more sensitive and she is more "deaf" ¿maybe she is getting a nice and better fit?. The sound for what they cost me is pretty good. (19.99 USD)

Regarding the Fiil I havent listen to them (I do have the T1 XS on my wish list) but after reading this review (see link) from Scarbid I was looking to find and maybe get the T1 Lite.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/fiil-t1-lite-review

But I didnt find them on Amazon, so Im currently waiting for the SoundPeats Mini Pro to arrive.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #43,104 of 62,801
I got the Earfun Free Mini for my wife and she like them a lot. I found the sound to lack volume, she find the volume ok, what is weird because my hears tend to be more sensitive and she is more "deaf" ¿maybe she is getting a nice and better fit?. The sound for what they cost me is pretty good. (19.99 USD)

Regarding the Fiil I havent listen to them (I do have the T1 XS on my wish list) but after reading this review (see link) from Scarbid I was looking to find and maybe get the T1 Lite.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/fiil-t1-lite-review

But I didnt find them on Amazon, so Im currently waiting for the SoundPeats Mini Pro to arrive.
Same with me and the T1Lite... only Aliexpress for now.

Feb 16, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #43,105 of 62,801
I don't know. I'm one of the few that enjoy the thread for what it is. The header at the top is wrong. Fully wireless IEM? It's a broad title IMO. More like - Truly Wireless IEMs. Whether it's an IEM with an adapter or TWS buds, I'm here. If I need to Search, I search. I do it all the time. Most of the regulars know what the end game buds are at this point - There is and never will be an end game. Also, most folks on this thread reply to anyone and everyone who asks a question. We're all here to help one another, in what little ways we can. That's the fun. So, you can split hairs and say, and IEM with an adapter isn't a TWS, or this should be a TWS buds only thread, but I respectfully disagree. It's truly wireless, fully wireless IEM, whatever thread. Don't get me wrong, I completely get what some of you are saying. I'm just easy. Easy like Su- Yeah, I'll stop.

Fully, fully agree.

Feb 16, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #43,106 of 62,801
Fully, fully agree.
I always interpreted it as the newest ways to make in-ear monitors wire-free. Or wire-less. I’ve got all the Bluetooth adapters I can shake a stick at. I am looking for the best IEMs for those adapters. My experience is that all of these combos beat my Fokus Pros hands down. But whenever I see a question on one of the dozen or so TWS I’ve owned, I’m happy to share my experience and opinion!

Feb 16, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #43,107 of 62,801
Due to work, reports,etc. Spent the comparing some of my TWS units and played around with them . Today I rotated the Nuarl N10, Grell,Audio Technica ATHCW50 , Victor FH1000, B&O EQ, Soundcore L3, Technics AZ60, Sony XM4. Apologies for model typos

Just from today

Really prefer the ANC of the Technics over the Sony.

App wise Technics,Sony,Nuarl,AT and Soundcore do a good job. Like the layout, structure of the Technics which gives me them an edge. The Nuarl app color is weird and makes it look outdated when it is even better than the B&O. Grell is dependent on SoundId so feel that they are giving up user experience to a 3rd party

Controls

Sensor Type Preferred the Grell after FW update vs the Technics and B&O which to me is incomplete

Hard Controls Preferred the Victor a great diversity of functions vs the other AT,Nuarl

Cases

B&O and Sony slim and wireless charge enabled.Like the B&O
Technics and Soundcore, Technics due to size and case opening approach
Liked the Grell but the reverse position of Right and Left as the AKG N400 is just a bit frustrating

Sound

Oh my I do came to realize how I like the tuning of the Victor. Felt the bass and highs are better executed than the Technics and B&O. Sony is my cup of tea on tuning so a bit biased. Technics is a very capable but I think that the tuning difference and appeal may come from the driver or chamber material

There is a warmth on the tuning without going overboard that creates depth on the bass but creates a layering on vocals that really is to my liking

If you are all looking to try something new. It's easy to buy from Amazon Japan. Buy the Victor version it will complement some of the Western or Chinese tunings that dominate the market

Just some thoughts, as previously from a user, not HiFi expert. But just a wireless addict 🙃

16428137188025462290470189829492.jpg

That photo is simply amazing. Congrats!

Feb 16, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #43,109 of 62,801
Same with me and the T1Lite... only Aliexpress for now.

I personally havent use even once Aliexpress I did use fasttech for other stuff (non audio related) the problem with Aliexpress here is that too many people buy from them and my national postal service (Im not located in the states btw) kinda suck an tend to be either super slow or they lost stuff also I have to deal with taxes and with them is cumbersome (gotta go phisically to a store etc) other option will be sent stuff from Aliexpress to my address in the state and then use the forward service to send it over here but then gain when things are not that important I prefer not to do it and I can wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back