Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 31, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #42,466 of 62,452
Hmm interesting, no fh3? I have the kz crn. One of my least favs. Reminds me of a harman tuned with a bad driver. I think I really don't like what crin likes for tuning. I like more of a smothered sound, warm V, mid-bass but not a lot. Honestly, shure srh-840 over the ears and the whizzer he01 are just so good tonally for me. I'm not sure if there's a better he01.
OH Def fh3... I thought it was you we already talked about that... Def the FH3. I would also recommend for less the Fiio Fd3 and for a bit more the Fiio fh5. You may want to check out the KBEAR Aurora as well. I'm trying to think of sets that you can find pretty easily still. Ooh why didn't I think of this set sooner... Check out the ibasso it01x...

Jan 31, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #42,467 of 62,452
Hmm interesting, no fh3? I have the kz crn. One of my least favs. Reminds me of a harman tuned with a bad driver. I think I really don't like what crin likes for tuning. I like more of a smothered sound, warm V, mid-bass but not a lot. Honestly, shure srh-840 over the ears and the whizzer he01 are just so good tonally for me. I'm not sure if there's a better he01.
Anither set that I really enjoy is the kz ZAS. It retails for around $60-75ish. Or it's cousin from sister company cca is the cca ca-16 pro. The ZAS may be too bass heavy so maybe the ca16 pro.

Jan 31, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #42,468 of 62,452
OH Def fh3... I thought it was you we already talked about that... Def the FH3. I would also recommend for less the Fiio Fd3 and for a bit more the Fiio fh5. You may want to check out the KBEAR Aurora as well. I'm trying to think of sets that you can find pretty easily still. Ooh why didn't I think of this set sooner... Check out the ibasso it01x...
Thanks. For me, I'm still eyeing the TRI I3 Pro + ifi go blue as per your recommendation, and then the fh3, but maybe I'll skip it for the fh5 later.

Jan 31, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #42,469 of 62,452
I'm really enjoying the Shuorer S12s + UTWS5 combo, which blow away any TWS I've heard. The term that comes to mind is "presence", a different world. But when listening to them wired the effect is even more pronounced. I think someone here said it's like digital and analog, and I agree, wired sounds like an expensive moving coil cartridge compared to the adapters. I'm not sure if this is more pronounced with planar though.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #42,471 of 62,452
I'm really enjoying the Shuorer S12s + UTWS5 combo, which below away any TWS I've heard. The term that comes to mind is "presence", a different world. But when listening to them wired the effect is even more pronounced. I think someone here said it's like digital and analog, and I agree, wired sounds like an expensive moving coil cartridge compared to the adapters. I'm not sure if this is more pronounced with planar though.
Yes especially with planar... You can't give the planar enough power. The s12 just like the tri I3 pro, the Timeless, the P1, they all scale beautifully with power. I'm glad you like hat set with the s12. That is really good to know. Put it on the Qudelix 5k or ifi go blu and it'll open them up even more, and yes if you plug it direct to a good clean and powerful source it'll take it even further. I'd say without a doubt that the utws5 is the very least amount of output power to drive it well enough to sound good.

Jan 31, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #42,472 of 62,452
So it better than Devialet? I saw one Devialet pair for 220
For me, I'd go Fokus, Devialet Gemini and then the EQ. The Gemini are great, but they do have only about 4 hours battery in my experience. Devialet was supposed to release a firmware to address the battery life issues but that's nowhere to be found yet. Gemini have an incredible soundstage (especially on dynamic mode) and the ANC is better than most. That said, the case is larger than the EQ and IMO, the EQ are a really sexy looking set and the build quality is top notch. Volume is lower on the EQ compared to the others, but the B&O sound signature is something I've always loved. ANC is great, but not at good as the Gemini. All the above said, the only pair I still have in my TWS collection is the Fokus. You do sacrifice ambient mode, ANC and wireless charging with the Fokus, but the sound is just amazing on them and for my and my workflow, really makes up for the features lost.

Jan 31, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #42,473 of 62,452
Folks,

I just bought the Technics EAH-AZ60. The sound really blows me away - it's bright, wide and comes with massive bass if I want it to. ANC is good, call quality rocks, the app is fantastic, but: they're too large for my ears. It's that simple. After a while they feel uncomfortable. I'm heartbroken.

Could you point me to wireless IEMs that are smaller, no matter the brand? I've used JABRA Elite 75t for years and their size really feels good. Are there comparable newer IEMs (with ANC) that are equally small or even smaller in size?

Chers!

Jan 31, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #42,474 of 62,452
Folks,

I just bought the Technics EAH-AZ60. The sound really blows me away - it's bright, wide and comes with massive bass if I want it to. ANC is good, call quality rocks, the app is fantastic, but: they're too large for my ears. It's that simple. After a while they feel uncomfortable. I'm heartbroken.

Could you point me to wireless IEMs that are smaller, no matter the brand? I've used JABRA Elite 75t for years and their size really feels good. Are there comparable newer IEMs (with ANC) that are equally small or even smaller in size?

Chers!
I just re-purchased the Jabra Elite 7 Pro after they finally updated the firmware with multi-point. So far, they sound better, ANC is slightly better and multipoint is working flawless. They're a bit smaller than the 75T. I've had all the Jabra buds and the form factor of these are my favorite. I have zero fit issues, they're small and light. Tons of other options out there, depending on your budget.

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #42,475 of 62,452
For me, I'd go Fokus, Devialet Gemini and then the EQ. The Gemini are great, but they do have only about 4 hours battery in my experience. Devialet was supposed to release a firmware to address the battery life issues but that's nowhere to be found yet. Gemini have an incredible soundstage (especially on dynamic mode) and the ANC is better than most. That said, the case is larger than the EQ and IMO, the EQ are a really sexy looking set and the build quality is top notch. Volume is lower on the EQ compared to the others, but the B&O sound signature is something I've always loved. ANC is great, but not at good as the Gemini. All the above said, the only pair I still have in my TWS collection is the Fokus. You do sacrifice ambient mode, ANC and wireless charging with the Fokus, but the sound is just amazing on them and for my and my workflow, really makes up for the features lost.
4 hours of play time isn't enough for me as the battery will deteriorated overtime, and I need kinda ok anc to ignore my housemate of being a total psycho so I will go with the eq then. Thanks a lot.

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #42,476 of 62,452
4 hours of play time isn't enough for me as the battery will deteriorated overtime, and I need kinda ok anc to ignore my housemate of being a total psycho so I will go with the eq then. Thanks a lot.
I'd get the Fokus and lose the roommate :wink:

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #42,478 of 62,452
I agree on the iBasso it01x. It’s a very exciting sound produced by really small IEMs

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #42,479 of 62,452
Folks,

Chers!
Where did you find them? They seem to be all sold out and backordered stateside.

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #42,480 of 62,452
Yes especially with planar... You can't give the planar enough power. The s12 just like the tri I3 pro, the Timeless, the P1, they all scale beautifully with power. I'm glad you like hat set with the s12. That is really good to know. Put it on the Qudelix 5k or ifi go blu and it'll open them up even more, and yes if you plug it direct to a good clean and powerful source it'll take it even further. I'd say without a doubt that the utws5 is the very least amount of output power to drive it well enough to sound good.
I’m going to vociferously agree on this! Any IEMs I try sound best with the Ibasso DX300. Open, exciting and clearly accurate with no extraneous coloring I can identify. I love the OH10s. Are the Tri I3s different from them enough to justify the expense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back