Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 12, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #41,626 of 62,572
Do you or anyone have the SBC specs for the 10's? I K ow SBC is much more capable and for some God awful reason everyone has dumbed it down to where it sounds like crap. So if KZ is gojng to use it and hype it up, I'd like to see the specs to compare.

In the meantime, I just bought the TRN BT30 and am pairing them with the ZS10pro.

I also have the Buds Pro (and Plus), ColorBuds 2, Elite 75t Active, and KZ ZKS. That's it for the better sounding buds.
I'm sorry, are you referring to the sbc codec? This does have sbc and AAC. I actually thought it had aptx but was shown here that they neglected to put aptx on these adapters. I wouldn't worry though, AAC and even sbc in some situations sounds perfectly fine. I'm not sure if that even came close to answering your question, I think you were asking about sbc codec

Jan 12, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #41,627 of 62,572
Dude the BTR5 will most certainly open up the Timeless.... That's another league above adapters man.... I didn't know you were going that route. I can personally testify to either the FIIO Btr5, Qudelix 5k,or the IFi Go Blu... Either one of the 3 will blow away anything wireless you've used.... For sure. I personally like the Qudelix 5k the most for all the features and app but for strictly sound quality the IFi Go Blu is a monster. Don't get me wrong the BTR5 is every bit as good as the Qudelix but it is a hair larger, nobody other than me sees this as an issue though so SQ wisw the BTR5 and qudelix are neck and neck. I'm promise the BTR5 will drive easily the Timeless to full fidelity.
I have the EarStudio ES100, think it's pretty decent. I'm thinking about BTR5 or the Qudelix. Are either that much better sounding than the ES100? I find the ES100 app just fine, lots of flexibility and the EQ is great. I've had for five years and one year it sat in my truck's glove compartment freezing/thawing throughout the winter. Still works terrific. If there are sound quality gains I'll jump but it's six of one maybe not...

Jan 12, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #41,628 of 62,572
Hey what's up True Wireless Addicts? Haven't been on in a while but just recently got these bad bubbas. After figuring out that i probably use the Original Mini's more than the N6 pro2 (For comfort and convenience sake, I couldn't halp myself but pick these up. Full review coming soon.

1642032135189.png

Since I haven't been on since September, what's the latest and greatest TWS out there atm?

Jan 12, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #41,629 of 62,572
I have the EarStudio ES100, think it's pretty decent. I'm thinking about BTR5 or the Qudelix. Are either that much better sounding than the ES100? I find the ES100 app just fine, lots of flexibility and the EQ is great. I've had for five years and one year it sat in my truck's glove compartment freezing/thawing throughout the winter. Still works terrific. If there are sound quality gains I'll jump but it's six of one maybe not...
The Es100 is perfectly fine. It has a bit less power output then the others mentioned and yours is probably the first version of the es100. I can remember upgrading to the BTR5 from the es100. The first thing you notice is build quality. The app is better than the BTR5 on the es100. Though the sound quality will be an upgrade on the btr5 with the dual Sabre es918... I think.... Dac and just a more balanced sound. Es100 is bt 4.2 to the BTR5 5.0 which does help as well. Between these two I think the BTR5 is a clear upgrade, is it enough for you... Idk? Between the BTR5 and qudelix it is like the Qudelix was an upgrade across the board. Smaller, great build quality, amazing and I mean amazing bluetooth connection, it never skips or sputters and you can really stretch how far this lil dude can go. It is convenient with the clip built in it. The power is around the same as the BTR5 yet the sound seems a bit refined. The app on the Qudelix is imo the best of these 3 so far as well. They also constantly update the Qudelix, and I mean constantly. I feel every other week there is an update. Now, if pure sound quality and form factor mean the most to you then I would say to pay $200 and get the IFi Go Blu. The go blu is just a powerhouse with an awesome form factor and built wonderfully. I'm assuming you aren't looking too hard at that one so between the es100, btr5 and qudelix I think that the Qudelix is a pretty large upgrade. I don't know if it is worth it to you and your asking a person who bought all of these mentioned so..... Lol...i got nothin. I do think the es100 is a fine device which does exactly what you want it to do... The BTR5 and the Qudelix are just a bit better... To me.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #41,630 of 62,572
Hey what's up True Wireless Addicts? Haven't been on in a while but just recently got these bad bubbas. After figuring out that i probably use the Original Mini's more than the N6 pro2 (For comfort and convenience sake, I couldn't halp myself but pick these up. Full review coming soon.

Since I haven't been on since September, what's the latest and greatest TWS out there atm?
Yes... Nice... I was just checking about 20 different Asian reviews trying to figure out if I should get this.... Is this the Nuarl mini 2se? Or is this the mini?

Ehhh... Nevermind I zoomed into your picture.... Yes I'd love to hear how you feel these sound. I was looking at them on Amazon and they look nice.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #41,631 of 62,572
Dude the BTR5 will most certainly open up the Timeless.... That's another league above adapters man.... I didn't know you were going that route. I can personally testify to either the FIIO Btr5, Qudelix 5k,or the IFi Go Blu... Either one of the 3 will blow away anything wireless you've used.... For sure. I personally like the Qudelix 5k the most for all the features and app but for strictly sound quality the IFi Go Blu is a monster. Don't get me wrong the BTR5 is every bit as good as the Qudelix but it is a hair larger, nobody other than me sees this as an issue though so SQ wisw the BTR5 and qudelix are neck and neck. I'm promise the BTR5 will drive easily the Timeless to full fidelity.
Yeah, I should have spent more time researching. The day I got it, I found out the qudelix is better and cheaper. The btr3 is half the price of the 5 and prob would work. I'm just glad I got it, and overall they're all fairly cheap. Also lucked out it worked fine with linux.

I'm surprised how small the btr5 is. Got it mainly cause giz audio said he uses it so didn't wanna spend hours researching. You're right, wow the sound is great. _Big_ diff between my pc's headphone jack and btr5, and I __haate__ using the timeless with the utws3. Sounds arguably worse than my galaxy pros.

Finally the timeless sound how'd I'd expect $500 iems to sound, but I haven't heard many iems yet. I have to wait a couple more weeks or so to get my balanced cable. My arias come in about two weeks as well, and I'm expecting to use those a lot with the utws3's.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #41,632 of 62,572
Yeah, I should have spent more time researching. The day I got it, I found out the qudelix is better and cheaper. The btr3 is half the price of the 5 and prob would work. I'm just glad I got it, and overall they're all fairly cheap. Also lucked out it worked fine with linux.

I'm surprised how small the btr5 is. Got it mainly cause giz audio said he uses it so didn't wanna spend hours researching. You're right, wow the sound is great. _Big_ diff between my pc's headphone jack and btr5, and I __haate__ using the timeless with the utws3. Sounds arguably worse than my galaxy pros.

Finally the timeless sound how'd I'd expect $500 iems to sound, but I haven't heard many iems yet. I have to wait a couple more weeks or so to get my balanced cable. My arias come in about two weeks as well, and I'm expecting to use those a lot with the utws3's.
Ya for 75% of my iems I use balanced cables and to me for most iems it is worth it. It seems to open em up a bit by just adding more power. I'm sure it'll help the Timeless. The Aria as well does very good with scaling using better sources and more power but I do recall them sounding fine off of the Utws3. The Aria is just a good set to have. Non fatiguing with nice vocals and just a generally nice sound all together.

Jan 12, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #41,633 of 62,572
I'm sorry, are you referring to the sbc codec? This does have sbc and AAC. I actually thought it had aptx but was shown here that they neglected to put aptx on these adapters. I wouldn't worry though, AAC and even sbc in some situations sounds perfectly fine. I'm not sure if that even came close to answering your question, I think you were asking about sbc codec
Ha.. No. My point was, at its best, SBC is not really far behind regular aptx. SBC caps out at 328kbs. Aptx goes to 352kbs. Not the greatest leap. So if they're using SBC to its fullest and using quality drivers then they can sound better than aptxHD on buds with worse dricers/tuning so to speak. I always compared it to my ancient flagship Yamaha receiver pushing older 7.1 standard DD/DTS at 160wpc pushing my Paridgm Reference compared to this guy's little Denon/Polk big box setup where his Denon was low end junk but with the HD codecs pushing his Polks. Didn't believe me when I said I'd take my 18yr old setup over his any day. Told him to pick his movie of choice give a listen at home and come on over and take a listen. He was not all smiles not even halfway through the opening scene of Private Ryan. I'm like, sorry to burst your bubble.

The old problem with SBC was nobody focused on SQ. It wasn't it's purpose at the time, and I don't think we ever got the full 328kbs from old buds and phones. Hence everyone crapped on it for so long.

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #41,635 of 62,572
Guys, been listening to this pair all night and I cannot express how amazing the timeless pair with the UTWS5. With instrumental genres like jazz and classical, the detail and clarity is outstanding. Hearing things I never heard before and makes me want to listen to everything again. Giving me all the feels again. The one gripe I do have is alittle on the fit which is just my big dumbo ears and canals. The Spinfits help a little but the shape of the timeless makes it difficult to get a consistent seal without creating a little bit of soreness.

Jan 13, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #41,636 of 62,572

1642032135189.png

How are they different from the previous model? I kept circling the minis for a long time but could not get myself to buy them. Thinking about some other Japan only models, like Aviot :wink:

Jan 13, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #41,637 of 62,572
But the Sony call quality kills that other set. I just use them to watch moves as ANC is great
i already have az60 and intend to buy more fw1000t. I absolutely love the bass on the az60 that I can't find on higher-end models like the Momentum TW2 or Gemini. It's deep enough to create an epic atmosphere that still sounds relaxing. can i ask if the bass quality on fw1000t is better than az60? thank you very much

Jan 13, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #41,638 of 62,572

Ya know... It is crazy but you are now the 2nd person to tell me the Timeless sounds like crap on the Utws3... However I have now heard 3 people tell me the Timeless sounds absolutely amazing with the utws5! That is the difference between the two units. The utws5 just works well and that is the difference between the dac within the chip on the Utws3 and the dac built in to the adapters on the utws5. The only reason I am pointing this out is I got a message on Facebook about it this morning... Crazy. Anyways, ya the BTR5 is not much of a downgrade from qudelix man... At all. I do like qudelix more but I'm sure you can find plenty of folks who enjoy the BTR5 more. Truthfully I still use the BTR5 often as well... Mostly in the office I use it and it brings out the best in almost any iem. You should really be enjoying it with the timeless

Jan 13, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #41,639 of 62,572
Ya know... It is crazy but you are now the 2nd person to tell me the Timeless sounds like crap on the Utws3... However I have now heard 3 people tell me the Timeless sounds absolutely amazing with the utws5! That is the difference between the two units. The utws5 just works well and that is the difference between the dac within the chip on the Utws3 and the dac built in to the adapters on the utws5. The only reason I am pointing this out is I got a message on Facebook about it this morning... Crazy. Anyways, ya the BTR5 is not much of a downgrade from qudelix man... At all. I do like qudelix more but I'm sure you can find plenty of folks who enjoy the BTR5 more. Truthfully I still use the BTR5 often as well... Mostly in the office I use it and it brings out the best in almost any iem. You should really be enjoying it with the timeless
Hmm, interesting. I might try to return the utws3's if they don't sound good with the arias. The price is so good though so hopefully they work.

I'm skeptical how well the btr5 will sound over bt. Not it's fault. Hopefully lossless bt is more prevalent in 2-3 years. I'll prob bite on the airpod pro 2's if they have lossless.

What gear would you recommend buying in general and are you enjoying lately? Seems like we like the same stuff, and I'm still trying to learn all this stuff.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #41,640 of 62,572
I don't know man, might be all the luck of the draw. I got the 2 Pin 3s yesterday for my Moondrop Variations and they are effin awesome. Better than the Vs on the MMCX 5s with an adapter. Maybe my old ears suck or I'm still dreaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back