Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 11, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #41,583 of 62,380
Potentially interested in the AZ10 - can someone please recommend a budget IEM that would work with it and has sound sig similar to the Galaxy Buds Pro? Else something that would fit my preference - non-basshead but do like a little oomph, I do enjoy crisp treble but am sensitive to sibilance - in general not a fan of warmer signatures.

TIA!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #41,584 of 62,380
Potentially interested in the AZ10 - can someone please recommend a budget IEM that would work with it and has sound sig similar to the Galaxy Buds Pro? Else something that would fit my preference - non-basshead but do like a little oomph, I do enjoy crisp treble but am sensitive to sibilance - in general not a fan of warmer signatures.

TIA!
I wish the bud pros had connectors so we could try them wired. I think they would sound incredible. I don't have a samsung phone. =/

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #41,585 of 62,380
All good man... I don't get too caught up in codecs so long as what I'm listening to sounds good, however I would always prefer aptx over AAC. Oh well, I appreciate the help
I'm starting to hate BT. I'm not sure how I feel about my timeless with utws3. I think it's the BT that's killing it. It sounds better on the my pc's headphone jack, but it's still not to where I'm satisfied. Will have to try with btr5 that hopefully arrives tom.

Jan 12, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #41,586 of 62,380
I'm starting to hate BT. I'm not sure how I feel about my timeless with utws3. I think it's the BT that's killing it. It sounds better on the my pc's headphone jack, but it's still not to where I'm satisfied. Will have to try with btr5 that hopefully arrives tom.
I think you will be happy with how that DAC can open up and amplify your music. It’s an awesome little unit. Enjoy!

Jan 12, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #41,587 of 62,380
My timeless is arriving tomorrow and the utws5 on Friday. *Rubbing hands together* counting down!

Jan 12, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #41,588 of 62,380
I bought the Jabra Elite 75t a few weeks ago. So far I'm enjoying them very much. Here are my thoughts, both positive and negative:

• The sound is quite bass-boosted, but very rich. Everything that needs a bit of a punch will sound great. Absolutely no noise floor.
• The app, while a bit weird and redundant in terms of design and functionality, provides a simple equalizer. Works well!
• The fit is great. I love the eartips, they're soft and comfortable - unfortunately there's only silicone ones, I would have loved some foam tips as well.
• Working flawlessly in heavy rainstorms. They got wet several times, but since they're water resistant it's fine to use them.
• I'll say it: touch controls in earbuds should be a thing of the past. Clicking is so much more intuitive. It might feel a bit "outdated", but I really enjoy the haptic feedback when changing volume or switching on transparency mode.
• Transparency mode works well. You can even adjust transparency volume.
• Pairing usually works fine - simultaneously on two devices - but once every couple of days I'll have to re-pair the 75ts with my iPhone. I don't know why.
• For information regarding connection status etc. you can chose between a pleasant female voice ("To connect, go to the bluetooth menu of your mobile device...") or low-key sound effects. There's no option to use the Jabras without any system sounds at all.
• The earbuds are connected. You can use the right one without the left one, but not the left one without the right one.
• In-ear detection works okay-ish. In most cases playback will stop once you take out one earbud, but sometimes immediately resume once you move your hand.
• Battery life is great. Maxed out at 7.30 hours which almost gives me a full workday.
• The case is a bit flimsy. Charging via USB-C is a wonderful thing and the simple indicator for case battery status (red-yellow-green LED) works well, but that hinge... don't know how long that's going to last.
• They look unobtrusive while in your ears. Pretty small compared to the 65t, so I feel fine using them in public.

All in all I've pretty much stopped using my AirPods Pro since I bought the Jabras. Noise Isolation works better than the AirPods rather weak ANC, the sound is much fuller, plus they're cheaper. I can only recommend giving them a try!

It's been almost two years, and I've been happy with my Elite 75t ever since. But since this is a hobby and they're really starting to show their age I finally bought several fully wireless IEMs to find my buds for the next couple of years.

Turns out... I might go back to my trusted Jabras.

The first pair I ordered were Sony WF-1000XM4. Amazing buds. Great sound quality, impressive ANC, wonderful ambiance mode. I love the female voice telling me the settings, feels a bit sci-fi. The app is expansive, which is great for customization. However, the WF-1000XM4 are huge and sort of bulky. My wife said they looked like I put a ball of white Play-Doh in my ears.

Then came the Beoplay EQ, and I must say, I didn't even understand the concept. I found them to be unremarkable at best. Uncomfortable fit, bulky presentation, a charging case that requires fiddling to insert the earbuds, and, surprisingly, disappointing ANC. Wind noise is almost ridiculous. All in all, they sound and feel like they should cost much less.

Bowers and Wilkins PI7, however, were almost great! Good sound quality, snappy case, nice fit. Design-wise my favorite IEMs ever, they protrude from your ears and yet they're discreet. They look expensive, they feel premium, and that gimmick - to have a case that's connected to any 3.5mm source - is really awesome. I just plugged the case into my 7.1 receiver and bang, watched a movie using the PI7.

So what went wrong? The app. That godforsaken app.

Let me explain: to activate ambiance mode - which is something I often have to do when in public since, you know, I don't want to be hit by a car, or miss my train station, or have a quick conversation at the counter - you have to use the app. No button control. So you fiddle with your phone, start the app, realize it's not connected to the PI7, wait for a connection, look for the right tab, and ...

... you get the idea. Ambiance mode should be something you activate and deactivate with a tap. The fact that you have to use an app, "booting up" a connection to the earbuds first is so, so annoying. B&W didn't really put a lot of thought into this. They didn't even add an equalizer, not even a stylized one like B&O does. It pains me to say that I would have loved the build quality, the sound and that quirky 3.5mm gimmick, but the app killed it.

So for now, I kept my WF-100XM4 to give them another go. And my Elite 75ts are still not retired. If Bowers and Wilkins revamped their app, I'd totally go for them, but right now I just can't. Such a shame.

Jan 12, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #41,589 of 62,380

TIA!
If you want a cheap iem with them that have a similar sound to the galaxy buds pro I would probably say the Moondrop SSP. However those may be a hair too much for the Az10 to drive. Maybe just go with the KZ budget lineup like the KZ EDX Pro, which is more V-shaped and it is a bit warm of neutral and I can confirm they are fantastic for budget or kz dq6 which are less warm and need time to burn in, they triple dynamic driver lil beasts, KZ Zex is a good set as well as the cca cra. Honestly there is alot to choose from in the budget price point which are pretty nice, these sets are all under $30. If you could push a bit more I personally really enjoy the Tripowin TC01 and the Tripowin Mele, both can be found for about $40-50. There are a bunch more... What is your budget... I should've prob asked that to begin with

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #41,590 of 62,380
Dude the BTR5 will most certainly open up the Timeless.... That's another league above adapters man.... I didn't know you were going that route. I can personally testify to either the FIIO Btr5, Qudelix 5k,or the IFi Go Blu... Either one of the 3 will blow away anything wireless you've used.... For sure. I personally like the Qudelix 5k the most for all the features and app but for strictly sound quality the IFi Go Blu is a monster. Don't get me wrong the BTR5 is every bit as good as the Qudelix but it is a hair larger, nobody other than me sees this as an issue though so SQ wisw the BTR5 and qudelix are neck and neck. I'm promise the BTR5 will drive easily the Timeless to full fidelity.

Jan 12, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #41,591 of 62,380
Alright fellas... I can't find anything on this set... It is a dual driver 1 DD, 1 BA unit. I have seen it on Amazon for quite awhile and simply have strayed away due to knowing nothing about it. Have any of you heard anything about this set? Kong- KX-H9000TW.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220112-070452_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220112-070452_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 0
Jan 12, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #41,592 of 62,380
It's been almost two years, and I've been happy with my Elite 75t ever since. But since this is a hobby and they're really starting to show their age I finally bought several fully wireless IEMs to find my buds for the next couple of years.

Turns out... I might go back to my trusted Jabras.

The first pair I ordered were Sony WF-1000XM4. Amazing buds. Great sound quality, impressive ANC, wonderful ambiance mode. I love the female voice telling me the settings, feels a bit sci-fi. The app is expansive, which is great for customization. However, the WF-1000XM4 are huge and sort of bulky. My wife said they looked like I put a ball of white Play-Doh in my ears.

Then came the Beoplay EQ, and I must say, I didn't even understand the concept. I found them to be unremarkable at best. Uncomfortable fit, bulky presentation, a charging case that requires fiddling to insert the earbuds, and, surprisingly, disappointing ANC. Wind noise is almost ridiculous. All in all, they sound and feel like they should cost much less.

Bowers and Wilkins PI7, however, were almost great! Good sound quality, snappy case, nice fit. Design-wise my favorite IEMs ever, they protrude from your ears and yet they're discreet. They look expensive, they feel premium, and that gimmick - to have a case that's connected to any 3.5mm source - is really awesome. I just plugged the case into my 7.1 receiver and bang, watched a movie using the PI7.

So what went wrong? The app. That godforsaken app.

Let me explain: to activate ambiance mode - which is something I often have to do when in public since, you know, I don't want to be hit by a car, or miss my train station, or have a quick conversation at the counter - you have to use the app. No button control. So you fiddle with your phone, start the app, realize it's not connected to the PI7, wait for a connection, look for the right tab, and ...

... you get the idea. Ambiance mode should be something you activate and deactivate with a tap. The fact that you have to use an app, "booting up" a connection to the earbuds first is so, so annoying. B&W didn't really put a lot of thought into this. They didn't even add an equalizer, not even a stylized one like B&O does. It pains me to say that I would have loved the build quality, the sound and that quirky 3.5mm gimmick, but the app killed it.

So for now, I kept my WF-100XM4 to give them another go. And my Elite 75ts are still not retired. If Bowers and Wilkins revamped their app, I'd totally go for them, but right now I just can't. Such a shame.
I agree on the PI7! So close and yet so far… I loved listening to them but the app…. 😡

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #41,593 of 62,380
All good man... I don't get too caught up in codecs so long as what I'm listening to sounds good, however I would always prefer aptx over AAC. Oh well, I appreciate the help
Not the only way to go. The CKS50TW can't beat my ATH-Sport90BT for sound even with SBC only since they went with the higher quality DAC route.
Alright fellas... I can't find anything on this set... It is a dual driver 1 DD, 1 BA unit. I have seen it on Amazon for quite awhile and simply have strayed away due to knowing nothing about it. Have any of you heard anything about this set? Kong- KX-H9000TW.
Kong X was probably the first to make a hybrid TWS so they have experience and the issues back then were not with the sound but the connection. Just by the tech advancing plus the experience you would figure this would be worth a try and that they would be good. Again no features so they don't have much to do more than fit well and sound good and work w/o issues. Not a sure thing but not a true unknown. The risk assessment is yours in the end.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #41,594 of 62,380
Not the only way to go. The CKS50TW can't beat my ATH-Sport90BT for sound even with SBC only since they went with the higher quality DAC route.

Kong X was probably the first to make a hybrid TWS so they have experience and the issues back then were not with the sound but the connection. Just by the tech advancing plus the experience you would figure this would be worth a try and that they would be good. Again no features so they don't have much to do more than fit well and sound good and work w/o issues. Not a sure thing but not a true unknown. The risk assessment is yours in the end.
About the Kong x.... Ya know I was thinking the same thing, I tried contacting kong-x for more info.... To no avail. Thank you for responding to the question. They have that iem shape that I like and bt 5.2, Aptx as well. As far as features, to be honest I look to sound quality first and everything else to me is secondary. I am thinking maybe just try this set.... Or..... I am really debating the jvc HA-FW1000T. That set is driving me nuts because I cannot find reviews but for some reviews from YouTube in which I can only translate the comment section. Lol.... Now I don't know if the Victor version is different from the US version but in the comments some did mention low volume on this set... That is what is giving me a pause on them. If they are anything like the jvc wired woodies I can at least imagine the sound sig and temperament but the low volume thing I can't get with. Lol... Sorry I just unloaded that on you man... Thank you for responding

Jan 12, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #41,595 of 62,380
About the Kong x.... Ya know I was thinking the same thing, I tried contacting kong-x for more info.... To no avail. Thank you for responding to the question. They have that iem shape that I like and bt 5.2, Aptx as well. As far as features, to be honest I look to sound quality first and everything else to me is secondary. I am thinking maybe just try this set.... Or..... I am really debating the jvc HA-FW1000T. That set is driving me nuts because I cannot find reviews but for some reviews from YouTube in which I can only translate the comment section. Lol.... Now I don't know if the Victor version is different from the US version but in the comments some did mention low volume on this set... That is what is giving me a pause on them. If they are anything like the jvc wired woodies I can at least imagine the sound sig and temperament but the low volume thing I can't get with. Lol... Sorry I just unloaded that on you man... Thank you for responding
To make matters worse for you, Amazon dropped the price further today: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LGGDQB...olid=1SBM040WIZBXS&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back