Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 31, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #40,757 of 62,460
Dec 31, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #40,759 of 62,460
More deets: I've rolled a lot of tips on the SE846 (well before getting the TW2). Some people swear by the Spinfit CP800, but IMHO I find that the thin, sticky silicone walls collapse easily and can be picky with fitment even if the SQ is great. The CP240s, IMO hurt the beautiful bass and mids. Which is odd, given the double flange, but I suppose the wider bore causes this. The standard length, medium sized Westone star tips are just perfect for me with the SE846, both in terms of fit and sound signature. If you can still find a Westone tip fit kit, I'd grab it.
Thanks a lot…everyone, for the tip info. I have a set of Shure foams in large and Shure stock grey silicon in small and medium. Using grey mediums right now while wired and fit well. Thought I had some foams in medium too, but been like 5-7 years since I picked these things up so who knows what I did with them.

Really glad I asked the question

Dec 31, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #40,760 of 62,460
Ruh Roh Shaggy. What a way to end 2021 :)
image.jpg

Dec 31, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #40,761 of 62,460
Screenshot_20211026-075735_Chrome.jpg

now, out of the slew of Chi-Fi IEM companies that presented their TWS, this teaser is the one that somehow interest me. I only have heard their Oxygen, but based on reports that they have somewhat the same tuning across their IEMs, I'm hopeful that this is also tuned similarly, as they even kept their IEM shape for this TWS too

still no info on the tech side of things though...
I’ve got these coming (actually they’re in a post office 24 snowy/icy miles near my workplace) and I’ll report for you. Maybe I can pull some additional specs out/off of whatever documentation comes with them.

Dec 31, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #40,762 of 62,460
Dec 31, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #40,763 of 62,460
I’ve got these coming (actually they’re in a post office 24 snowy/icy miles near my workplace) and I’ll report for you. Maybe I can pull some additional specs out/off of whatever documentation comes with them.
Of course this OP was from months back (no idea how I finger-fumbled to there?), so there have been many earlier responses to this! 😜

Dec 31, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #40,765 of 62,460
AWWW yeah.
I will say initially, everything you have said about these is spot on. I kind of expected that since we have the same tastes in crap :D So far these are exactly what I was looking for to actually listen to some music on TWS. I will follow up with some notes this weekend as I already killed the batteries that it shipped with.

Dec 31, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #40,766 of 62,460
Ordered the buds pro and live today after watching crinacle's yt vid on galaxy buds. Eta jan 5. I hate my buds+. I need to try to find a good eq for linux and iphone to where I don't hate them. I used them to try a movie on my pc, and they're underwhelming to me. My shure srh-840s are where it's at, but that might not be a fair comparison. I think I might need to hit a crazy price point to get on par with this? I'm not even sure if a timeless, blessing 2, or fdx1 would get me there?

Hopefully the pros and lives will be good enough for me as a tradeoff in sound + tws, and maybe I'll get hd600s instead of going too far into iem land.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #40,767 of 62,460
I probably should of read through this thread more carefully before pulling the trigger in the momentum tw2. My tws purchases dropped off after my work made me use an iPhone, which sucked me into the apple eco system, feet dragging (I'm a diehard android user, viper4android, wavelet).

My initial impression so far, with just 10 mins on them, is they are easily top tier still. But my question to all of you is, are they? I defer to you guys who have kept up with tws trends.

Dec 31, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #40,769 of 62,460
I will say initially, everything you have said about these is spot on. I kind of expected that since we have the same tastes in crap :D So far these are exactly what I was looking for to actually listen to some music on TWS. I will follow up with some notes this weekend as I already killed the batteries that it shipped with.
Nice! Looking forward to your thoughts and observations. Noble really did a great job sans a few features I miss. Sound made up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back