Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 16, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #40,231 of 62,387
TRIBIT FLYBUDS C1

The Tribit Flybuds C1 are no joke... At all. I got them for $40 on Amazon with a 30% off coupon as they "normally" retail for $62 anymore whereas upon release they were around $80. I saw so many positive reviews & I always wanted to check them out. They sound fantastic as they are strictly a SQ set imo, with good comfort and surprising call quality. Very low latency for videos, no lip syncing weirdness. To me, my ears, they outshine the H1 at this early stage in the game. I have been going back and forth between the two. For the low price on Amazon right now it is a no brainer.

These bad boys have Apt-x, AAC, SBC with BT 5.2 running Qualcomm 3040 and have a stupid 12 Hrs on the Buds and 50 with the case. Ridiculous. These have a IPX5 waterproof rating as well.
The case is very portable and has a nice feel to it, it has that soft touch plastic and is sturdy enough, no weak points, nothing loose or cheap about it. The Buds themselves are the stem type and sit only slightly into your ear and so far have caused me no fatigue yet I also have gotten a very good seal (subjective) and good passive noise isolation with the better than average tip selection... For the first time in a very long time and too many tws to name... I am using the stock tips (subject to change).
They have a push button design and I have to say, they did a great job in positioning the push button; it is located on the stem in a very intuitive spot halfway up the stem. They look good too, I really do not like stem style and but I can dig these for sure, they do not look stupid at all.

Overall the C1 have a very dynamic and clean and clear presentation. Closer to a balanced sound sig and spacious enough. They do get pretty loud as well... Nice.
Very tight Bass and not overdone, yet it has good punch. The Bass has a faster attack with good decay and is not at all sloppy or boomy. Please do not get me wrong, the bass here is strong and has good weight as I am a man who absolutely NEEDS BASS. This is not considered a Bass head set, with the balanced tuning, yet with a lil eq it can be "just that" as these drivers seem to handle well whatever you throw at them without distortion. Sounds like a good Titanium Driver or a good Beryllium coated driver. They chose a 6mm Dynamic PEEK Composite diaphragm and implemented it nicely. The Sub-bass has good rumble when called upon and carries right over to the mid-bass with good and tight thump.

The Midrange is great here as it sounds more natural than most earbuds, especially budget buds. There is nothing unnatural or artificial and the Mids are pushed up enough to be present. Vocals are portrayed nicely as the males vocals have sufficient weight and are crisp when needed yet soft and emotional as the track calls for it. Same goes for female vocals, very pleasant. Nothing peircing in the upper mids either.

The Highs are very nice. They are extended very well and create a spaciousness and lend themselves to above average detail retrieval for a tws with the good resolution and clarity. If anything the Highs are only the slightest bit boosted over the rest of the pack here. There is nothing even slightly peircing here yet there is air to the sound, again a well implemented Driver that has been tuned well.

I must keep perspective here... This is a tws, as you know, and as you know this mini lil review is based on this fact with the shortcomings of bt well known in this group. However, my dudes... I am impressed for the amount I paid and the quality here. I don't want to say where it ranks yet, still feeling that out and I am not hyping these either but I will admit it is hard not to with such a clear presentation and good dynamics that make the music I'm listening to feel good. I can't imagine this budget set wouldn't climb my ranks of sub $100.
OK. initial impression, the TW2 is a very polished product and nicely done.
The sound is excellent, balanced, crisp with great sense of details with strong mids and luckily not bassy at all so I think it’s safe to say the non-Special Edition SE215 would have been a bit too bass-light for me. They definitely have more than enough highs for me and they are not shy or too far behind. Soundstage is above average but not super wide but also not narrow or too intimate.
The ambient mode is superb and the equalizer is great. Fit is awesome, once you get used to it which took me less 10 mins I can wear them for hours.
Got them for for $165 mainly for the adapters and they are well worth IMO so far but will report back soon.
Just to add, the Comply tips aren’t my thing as they muted the sound a little, are uncomfortable to my ears and are a pain in the neck to take off. Just bad bad bad design. Caused me almost to rage quit it and ship them back.
I've had the wired version of the se215 blue and I can confirm they have a bit more air in the mix. A bit muffled at times but they are fine. I like them much better than the original 215. Of course I haven't listened to them in about a year but for iem comparisons from time to time but they aren't a bad set at all. I agree the Foams are ridiculous, they seal amazing with the silicon tips

Dec 16, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #40,232 of 62,387
I also do not think wireless is up to par yet.
Also, one of the major advantages to purchasing non-electronic goods like headphones, iems and keyboards is that they will last you a lifetime, or at least have good resale value. Wireless versions of all these products depreciate much faster though, typically used until they break and then discarded. Neither can they be serviced or modded.

Dec 16, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #40,234 of 62,387
since people are falling over the N400, i just lost mine, the case fell to the floor when i was getting off a plane, when i got home there was only 1 of the 2 buds in the case, i was between "***" and "good riddance".

The N400, sounds good, it sounds amazing, one of the best sounding TWS out there. but...
- controls are absolutly horrible : 3/4 of the times i want to change volume it i pause the music.
- when i put them back in the case i have to clean the contacts and play with them like adjusting knobs making sure they are actually connected
- ANC is next to usless.
- isolation is meh at best (tried Alza, Comply, and stock tips)
- the app fails to connect half of the time, the times it does connect it makes you wait for 5 minutes until it see´s the buds.

Theres so much you can forgive, they sound great but are absolutly aweful at everything else.

im currently looking for their replacement, and my candidates are :
- Sony WF1000-XM4 : decent sound but worst then the XM3, LDAC, best ANC, needs to be EQ´ed to sound its best.
- Technics AZ60 : Ldac, Multipoint (incompatible with ldac), sounds almost as good as the sony, decent ANC
- Sennheiser momentum TWS 2 - Flagship sound, power bug from 1st gen corrected, ANC next to worthless from what i´ve heard but has APTX
- tanchjim echo - The wild card of the group. supposobly hana 2021 but in TWS form, a bit of a gamble, no ANC but good battery life and APTXHD and APTX adaptive.
- B&W PI 5 : good sound, APTX adaptive, acceptable ANC, reports of first run being buggy, Bulky case.
- Soundcore Liberty Air pro 3 : everyone says they are 90% of the way there, but for that price, 90% isnt enough.

anyone has some wisdom to share on this topic ?

Add Nuarl N6 Pro 2nd edition, or Nuarl N10 Plus, or Aviots (their dynamic driver series). They all doesn't have the greatest apps or battery life or ANC and Ambient mode, but surely they sound really good.

Dec 16, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #40,235 of 62,387
Ok at the risk of losing my headfi membership lol, I just got the beats pro fit to try spatial audio and holy cow the soundstage on these is amazing. Actually kind of light on the bass. What a surprise. I'm loving these
I'm glad you like them. I actually bought them twice in a week's period. As far as fit and features, I couldn't have been more pleased with them. But the sound? Every time I put them in my ears and turned on the music, I thought "do these sound good enough?" That apparently isn't a good sign for me. I was immediately delighted when I fired up my Melomania Touch, AKG N400nc, Fiil T1X, LP2 and LP3, etc. Not so with the Beats.

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #40,236 of 62,387
the thing is that beats under apple has been quite different then beats under monster electronics, its still bassy but its more refined.

They are still apples lower end and headphones for "peasents that cant afford proper earpods", but they aint bad now that they are cheaper and apple is using tunning actually made for human ears.

Dec 16, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #40,237 of 62,387
How's the comfort of these? Are they as big as beoplay eq or Bowers pi7?
I don't think they're that much bigger if at all. I posted a pic of the size compared to my EQs a bunch of posts back. They fit me like a glove. Perfect.

Dec 16, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #40,238 of 62,387
Ok at the risk of losing my headfi membership lol, I just got the beats pro fit to try spatial audio and holy cow the soundstage on these is amazing. Actually kind of light on the bass. What a surprise. I'm loving these
Nah, you're 100 right. The BFP blow away the APP imo. I just wish the little built-in wingtip didn't kill my ear at times and that they had wireless charging. Spatial Audio is great tech. Even better with my AirPods Max :)

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #40,239 of 62,387
OK. initial impression, the TW2 is a very polished product and nicely done.
The sound is excellent, balanced, crisp with great sense of details with strong mids and luckily not bassy at all so I think it’s safe to say the non-Special Edition SE215 would have been a bit too bass-light for me. They definitely have more than enough highs for me and they are not shy or too far behind. Soundstage is above average but not super wide but also not narrow or too intimate.
The ambient mode is superb and the equalizer is great. Fit is awesome, once you get used to it which took me less 10 mins I can wear them for hours.
Got them for for $165 mainly for the adapters and they are well worth IMO so far but will report back soon.
Just to add, the Comply tips aren’t my thing as they muted the sound a little, are uncomfortable to my ears and are a pain in the neck to take off. Just bad bad bad design. Caused me almost to rage quit it and ship them back.
I've been alternating tips between the longer Comply tips, the Shure foam beans and the Westone silicone tips. I usually prefer the Shure beans.

Dec 16, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #40,240 of 62,387
Sitting here judging these new Noble Fokus Pro. First impressions. WOW. I mean, these things fit perfect, like molded IEMs in my ears. SOOOO much better than the Falcon Pro. Case is made of metal and plastic. Sound... yeah, exactly what I expected. Soundstage is wide, full. Instrument separation is there. Out of the box they sound great, but I do love to slap on a little EQ. Bring up the low end a bit so my head can rattle. I'm a Harman curve guy. Still messing around. Touch panels work great. No honeymoon yet, just a lot of thinking and analyzing. These buds have no frills. Just play, pause, skip and vol control. No wireless charging, no auto pause. You're paying for the tri-drivers et al. Not really sure what else to comment about yet until I keep playing.

The Wizards magic is blowing my mind, hypnotized for the moment listening to this:

I hope his magic doesn't wear off.
Yeah. I have Falcon Pro, xm4, and Galaxy Buds pro. I heard the Fokus pro at Canjam and loved them. I don't need another TWS, but they sounded so much better than Falcon Pro and xm4 that I wanted them. Holding off cuz other things on my list

Dec 16, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #40,241 of 62,387
the thing is that beats under apple has been quite different then beats under monster electronics, its still bassy but its more refined.

They are still apples lower end and headphones for "peasents that cant afford proper earpods", but they aint bad now that they are cheaper and apple is using tunning actually made for human ears.
Better than these grells

Dec 16, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #40,242 of 62,387
Dec 16, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #40,245 of 62,387
Yeah. I have Falcon Pro, xm4, and Galaxy Buds pro. I heard the Fokus pro at Canjam and loved them. I don't need another TWS, but they sounded so much better than Falcon Pro and xm4 that I wanted them. Holding off cuz other things on my list
I flipped my NFPs a while back. I do miss them, but wow, the fit, form and sound of the Fokus are so great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back