Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 16, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #40,246 of 62,663
True but it's REALLY good.
Here’s to hoping. Just ordered as my dog walkers if nothing else. Would be nice to walk around NYC with them and have some noise reduced. Sometimes walking around town I get worried my beloved Gemini are going to fall out.

And something sounds better than it APP

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #40,247 of 62,663
I flipped my NFPs a while back. I do miss them, but wow, the fit, form and sound of the Fokus are so great.
How is the volume of the Fokus? I don’t listen at particularly high levels and yet too many TWS I’ve come across I’m almost maxing out. A little headroom to play with would be nice.

Dec 16, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #40,249 of 62,663
I've been alternating tips between the longer Comply tips, the Shure foam beans and the Westone silicone tips. I usually prefer the Shure beans.

The Shure tips size M work best for me.

I must say the TW2 + the SE215 don't sound like a TWS device which is a big compliment in this realm.
The sound is clear, defined, spacious and plenty loud and the EQ is one of the best I have seen and I settled on Bass Boost tweaked with less bass to give the music some punch and warmth but nothing too crazy as I'm not into too much bass.
Like you, I also enjoy the ambient mode feature that kicks in when the music is paused. Really useful.

Dec 16, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #40,250 of 62,663
Hey fellas... How is the volume level of the AKG N400? I can't stand earbuds that barely loud enough but with the deal on the Harman site it seems hard to pass up.
I play them around the same volume as my AirPods Max and about one click (1/16) more than my AirPods Pro.

Dec 16, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #40,251 of 62,663
Hey fellas... How is the volume level of the AKG N400? I can't stand earbuds that barely loud enough but with the deal on the Harman site it seems hard to pass up.
They happen to be the least efficient TWS I have. Compared to the Geminis, Sony XM3, soundcore air 2 pro, these go pretty far north on the volume slider. But I think their amp is a pretty good match to the drivers and it's still plenty for me without maxing it.

Dec 16, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #40,252 of 62,663
i assure you, 48 bucks is a fair price for the n400, the sound quality is the only good thing about them.
It seems like they were made by pure audio engineers who at the last minute said, "oh yeah, we need controls". Ironically, they have a pretty good transparency mode, but good luck getting to it by tapping or swiping.

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #40,253 of 62,663
i assure you, 48 bucks is a fair price for the n400, the sound quality is the only good thing about them.
Haha yea I’m kinda expecting some clumsy functionalites👍 Hope N400 is better than Nekocake which I received today.

Nekocake not a bad pair, pretty decent cheaper options to AirPodPro. ANC isn’t super effective like Apple’s level but that’s hard to expect from 42USD TWS. Tonality balance is pretty close to Moondrop’s other TWS Sparks too.

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #40,255 of 62,663
since people are falling over the N400, i just lost mine, the case fell to the floor when i was getting off a plane, when i got home there was only 1 of the 2 buds in the case, i was between "***" and "good riddance".

The N400, sounds good, it sounds amazing, one of the best sounding TWS out there. but...
- controls are absolutly horrible : 3/4 of the times i want to change volume it i pause the music.
- when i put them back in the case i have to clean the contacts and play with them like adjusting knobs making sure they are actually connected
- ANC is next to usless.
- isolation is meh at best (tried Alza, Comply, and stock tips)
- the app fails to connect half of the time, the times it does connect it makes you wait for 5 minutes until it see´s the buds.

Theres so much you can forgive, they sound great but are absolutly aweful at everything else.

im currently looking for their replacement, and my candidates are :
- Sony WF1000-XM4 : decent sound but worst then the XM3, LDAC, best ANC, needs to be EQ´ed to sound its best.
- Technics AZ60 : Ldac, Multipoint (incompatible with ldac), sounds almost as good as the sony, decent ANC
- Sennheiser momentum TWS 2 - Flagship sound, power bug from 1st gen corrected, ANC next to worthless from what i´ve heard but has APTX
- tanchjim echo - The wild card of the group. supposobly hana 2021 but in TWS form, a bit of a gamble, no ANC but good battery life and APTXHD and APTX adaptive.
- B&W PI 5 : good sound, APTX adaptive, acceptable ANC, reports of first run being buggy, Bulky case.
- Soundcore Liberty Air pro 3 : everyone says they are 90% of the way there, but for that price, 90% isnt enough.

anyone has some wisdom to share on this topic ?
Geekfly gf8s awesome sound great battery

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #40,256 of 62,663
It seems like they were made by pure audio engineers who at the last minute said, "oh yeah, we need controls". Ironically, they have a pretty good transparency mode, but good luck getting to it by tapping or swiping.
I’m intrigued as to what my experience will be. Worst case scenario they go back…they seem to have a reasonable return policy. Best case, I’ve got a solid city-walking replacement for my APP.
I sincerely appreciate everyone’s sharing of pros and cons.

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #40,257 of 62,663
Is Earfun Free Pro 2 not compatible with FIIL app? What about AirReps156X?

My main gripe is that they apparently don't allow mono bud transparency, but assuming it still uses Airoha then the AirReps app might be able to force transparency on one bud (but having to go into the app is a real waste of time). Wondering if someone can make a custom firmware that defaults transparency mode in mono mode for all Airoha devices (as on TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94)...

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #40,258 of 62,663
How is the volume of the Fokus? I don’t listen at particularly high levels and yet too many TWS I’ve come across I’m almost maxing out. A little headroom to play with would be nice.
They can get incredibly loud.

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #40,259 of 62,663
Loud. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Unlike some, I’m not having control issues. Wait, issues with the controls.

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #40,260 of 62,663
The Shure tips size M work best for me.

I must say the TW2 + the SE215 don't sound like a TWS device which is a big compliment in this realm.
The sound is clear, defined, spacious and plenty loud and the EQ is one of the best I have seen and I settled on Bass Boost tweaked with less bass to give the music some punch and warmth but nothing too crazy as I'm not into too much bass.
Like you, I also enjoy the ambient mode feature that kicks in when the music is paused. Really useful.
Glad you’re digging them so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back