Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 19, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #39,438 of 62,389
Anyone pick these EarFun Free Pro 2's up yet?

I got mine yesterday, I skipped the first version of these as I already had the FIIL T1 Pro which I used for quite some time. I'm happy to say these are a huge improvement.
I love the rounded edges and the case is now almost the same size as the Mavin Air XR, it's Tiny.

I did a A/B comparison with the Momentum TW2 which i've been using as my DD all week and i'm about to send back due to the uncomfortable fit, terrible phone call quality and latency in connecting to my devices. My first impression is that the MTW2's sounded cold and the mids pushed quite a bit forward when I switched back and forth. The MTW's better clarity and more sparkle but just not at all exciting to listen in comparison.

DISCLAIMER: All you purist dudes who love the flat IMO lifeless :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: sounding earbuds these probably aren't for you.

SoundStage is wide open and the instrument separation is excellent. Touch button response is also very good, my only gripe is it takes about 2-3 seconds to cycle between ambient/off/ANC modes. The buttons control everything there is a guide in the manual.

Transparency mode is surprisingly good, I think it's better than the Jabra Elite 85t and the MTW 2's. I don't love the closed ear resonance I get from the MTW 2's or these, but i've had several conversations with these in with my wife and kids with no problem hearing them. The ANC is really good, not quite as good at the 85t, better than the MTW2's and better with low end frequencies than the Air Pod Pros with it's (newest FW 4A402). The buds are really comfortable and the silicone tips that come with the EFFP2's are really soft and malleable. I'm a big fan. I did try other tips and I didn't like the sound quality as much as the wide boar shallow fit tips these come with.

Mids are well presented, good depth but slightly recessed, As a drummer i'm super picky about the snare drum placement and pitch and every song I listened to sounded accurate and well accounted for, not to thin, not too muddy with good attack.

The bass has ample punch and a plentiful amount of Sub Bass response yet it remains tight and measured w/o muddling the mids and highs.

The highs are akin to the FIIL T1 and T1 pro, they aren't as crisp and sparkly as the lypertek tevi, or MTW 2, but close, they have plenty of detail without any sibilance like the LP3's. I used this track as ref. her vocals are ear splitting on certain TWS'

It's been a while since i've been this impressed with a chi-fi offering every song on I listened to on my headphone test playlist sounded really good I found myself getting chills and being really excited to listen to songs i've heard hundreds of times before. For $56/$80 retail these are absolutely the king IMO. If the price of these were $100 i'd still be happy to pay it. I'm interested to see what some of you other folks think.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 1.46.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 1.46.17 PM.png
    627 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0665.jpeg
    IMG_0665.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0667.jpeg
    IMG_0667.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Nov 19, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #39,442 of 62,389
I ordered the Sennheiser MTW2 on Amazon.it for Black Friday. It should arrive tomorrow ... I'll give my impressions.
hope your experience will be better than mine. They sound nice, but they were uncomfortable for me and I had all sorts of phone call issues and they took a long time to connect to my iphone 13.

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #39,444 of 62,389
Been a while since I've seen you in this thread.. What's currently in your rotation and which one are you enjoying the most?
It has been a bit. Good to be back. Currently the Jabra 85t is DD. it's just the best for zoom, phone calls and the multi-point is great. I also use the Echo Buds 2, 75ts, APPs and Tevis, nothing to new or crazy, I use the Tevi's pretty much in the shower, the APPs when i'm out and about and need my text's dictated and the Echo Buds/75ts for work, my 85ts are for everything else really. I got the Sennheiser MTW 2's and had them for a week, wasn't a fan, they hurt my ears and phone calls struggled. They are going back. Also, I just got the the EarFun Free Pro 2 yesterday and they are really excellent. I just gave my impression in the thread..

Nov 19, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #39,446 of 62,389
I am thinking I need to take those CXs for a test spin. You guys keep talking about them and the curiosity is killing me :D
I think you should pass. What you have in your collection definitely beats them. They're great, but ya know.

Nov 19, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #39,447 of 62,389
Whelp. Another set cometh. Love the new color. Matte charcoal is MUCH better than the gloss silver imo. No app but the tuning is pretty great. Decent bass for rock & metal. Listening to some new BLS tracks and whew, awesome. ANC is weak. Passive isolation helps big time. Buds fit me like a glove. Transparency is there, but not great. Case is small. No wireless charging. Full controls on buds. FWD, Play/Pause, Volume, ANC/Transparency. No auto-pause.

Attachments

• IMG_9028 2_conv (2).jpg
    IMG_9028 2_conv (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9029 2_conv (1).jpg
    IMG_9029 2_conv (1).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Nov 20, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #39,449 of 62,389
Lazy Saturday morning here so I'm going back and forth between those 60s and the KEFs. I think the 60s have a harsh sibilance with Dynamic Mode in comparison. I'll have to try harder to EQ that out. I just prefer the Dynamic EQ setting best. The KEFs are much more balanced. Listening to this:
and it's just awesome. Can't EQ the KEFs, but they do sound better imo. Sadly, no frills in comparison to all the 60s features.

Nov 20, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #39,450 of 62,389
Lazy Saturday morning here so I'm going back and forth between those 60s and the KEFs. I think the 60s have a harsh sibilance with Dynamic Mode in comparison. I'll have to try harder to EQ that out. I just prefer the Dynamic EQ setting best. The KEFs are much more balanced. Listening to this:
and it's just awesome. Can't EQ the KEFs, but they do sound better imo. Sadly, no frills in comparison to all the 60s features.
I just usually use my Cowon. I am not a streamer and my podcasts are about as easy to just load up from the laptop as they are dealing with the apps. Nice to have the physical controls and volume wheel and always have the Jet Effect and 140 volume steps regardless of TWS. Better sounding than a phone over BT as well. Of course I couldn't get the Technics with no aptX and the battery wasn't great. Happy with my choice of the Audio-Technica which has gotten all 5 star reviews so far except for one that said they wouldn't charge but could have been a dummy that didn't take the stickers off, lol. Always like the KEF but not so much the color and apparent weakness of the ANC. The Charcoal does seem available now... https://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZHw8Y...awdv=c&awkw=kef mu3&awmt=e&awnw=o&awat=&awug=

Users who are viewing this thread

Back