Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 10, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #39,196 of 62,422
I've got a new pair Powerbeats Pro for a killer price. They sound surprisingly good, I just wish for a bit more comfort while exercising, the tips aren't very ear friendly. I don't have any experience with Tip Rolling, what kind of differences can I expect besides comfort? Also I would prefer more bass impact (not quantity) and better mid transparency if that is possible. I have my eyes on the Spinfit CP360 M/S but they seem sold out always. Anything else I should try?

Nov 10, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #39,197 of 62,422
So many choices appearing on the thread every day; it feels so very odd being satisfied with the trio of TW phones I have now owned going on 3 weeks (without a new purchase) - a record! That would be the Soundcore L3P (EQ'd to perfection), Status Between Pro (Indiegogo steal at $79) and the CA Melomania 1+ (just a fan, period). I will admit to ordering the FIIL T1XS on Amazon a few days ago (on sale, good word of mouth) but quickly realizing it was purely an addiction purchase and cancelling like 10 minutes later.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #39,198 of 62,422
What set is this?
It's Victor FW1000T.

Can you share with me how is its sound ??? 🤑
I'll share more impression soon. :)

Compared to the Sony XM4, I like this better sound-wise. If XM4 can be too dark and smooth, this is more balanced. Surprisingly, even with just aptX (compared to LDAC on XM4), the resolution and details seem to be better on FW1000T. More about sound soon...

That said, the ANC and ambience mode can't touch the XM4. The ANC is less effective, possibly like just 50% of XM4. The ambience mode is also not as good, it doesn't sound robotic but doesn't let a lot of ambience sounds in.

It's harder to make conversation wearing this compared to XM4, as I couldn't hear the other person as well. The transition to ambient mode also take a second or two, making it a bit awkward when people start to talk to me, but I had to wait before the ambient mode kick in. lol :D Oh, and also no auto pause when I take it off, even though it does have proximity sensor, kinda weird choice.

But overall, I enjoyed the sound of this, even though it's a bit flawed as all around TWS wear.

Nov 10, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #39,199 of 62,422
Hello again

So, I've received the Melomania 1+ and I'm listening for 2 days now. Updated to the latest firmware, after a bit of struggling. High performance audio mode, immersive EQ. They sound OK, good I'd say, but to me personally, they sound very (very) similar to my Melomania 1. I cannot justify this purchase in my head, so I will most probably return them.

So, I will ask you again, please, which IEM do you recommend? The most important thing to me is sound quality! I do not care (almost) at all about any other feature! It doesn't have to be good for phone-calls or to have noise cancellation etc. It must support LDAC or LHDC. I'm listening from Amazon HD, 85% electronic music

Which one of the following sounds best?

Technics EAH-AZ60
Soundcore by Anker Liberty 3 Pro
HiBy WH2?

What is your opinion about the Grell Audio TW1?

Anything else up to £200 ?

Thank you!

Nov 10, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #39,200 of 62,422
It's Victor FW1000T.

Compared to the Sony XM4, I like this better sound-wise. If XM4 can be too dark and smooth, this is more balanced. Surprisingly, even with just aptX (compared to LDAC on XM4), the resolution and details seem to be better on FW1000T. More about sound soon...

That said, the ANC and ambience mode can't touch the XM4. The ANC is less effective, possibly like just 50% of XM4. The ambience mode is also not as good, it doesn't sound robotic but doesn't let a lot of ambience sounds in.

It's harder to make conversation wearing this compared to XM4, as I couldn't hear the other person as well. The transition to ambient mode also take a second or two, making it a bit awkward when people start to talk to me, but I had to wait before the ambient mode kick in. lol :D Oh, and also no auto pause when I take it off, even though it does have proximity sensor, kinda weird choice.

But overall, I enjoyed the sound of this, even though it's a bit flawed as all around TWS wear.
The stems look a bit long. Do they dig deep into your ear canals compared to the XM4s? Comfort is good? Excited to see someone taking these for a spin.

Nov 10, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #39,202 of 62,422
Thanks for the review!

How about the call quality on these? Let say if we compare with jabra, sony, etc
I was comparing these to the Jabra Elite 3 last night for sound and today for performance outside esp. with regards to the ambient. The AT has better mics and/or implementation. On both the JVC and Jabra there is a bit of tunneling. The Jabras mics are better than the JVC but I was playing a little basketball and they both give a dodgeball like clank when dribbling the ball. The AT sounds like normal bouncing. Calls, outside of a smidge more quiet than the Jabra on the voice and less warm. Can't tell you about the Sony though. I have read the reviews that the Jabra and XM4 are on par and the Sony are like the AT. Jabra Elite 7 Pro again said to be little less warm and weighty on the voice. The Elite 3 is kinda odd where the calls are quite good though the ambient is good but not great. The AT do have sidetone and the Jabra don't.

As for sound the Jabra is an overachiever and the two sound a bit similar. I can use nearly the same EQ settings. The AT is warmer and does have more bass. More warmth and weight and grandeur to it. More depth and 3D and it is more headphone like so not just simply more in amount. Better in extension as well. They sound pretty similar both on aptX and they are the only two so far I could use my Cowon EQ with and get a better sound than just the presets. Even the N6 Pro 2 are not as natural even with the technical prowess, natural is another thing. With both the ambient and the sound, the Nuarl is brighter and cleaner but not more natural and not as good for TWS. Both more fun and substantial like a headphone and better out in the real world.

Nov 10, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #39,203 of 62,422
The stems look a bit long. Do they dig deep into your ear canals compared to the XM4s? Comfort is good? Excited to see someone taking these for a spin.
As far as how deep it inserts, it's about on par with XM4 I think. I'll do a comparison shot sometime tomorrow.

As for comfort, the XM4 hurt my ear initially, but as time goes, it doesn't anymore. Maybe my ear adapted or something... With FW1000T though, the comfort is great from the start. I used the smallest eartips and I can wear it for hours.

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #39,204 of 62,422
It's Victor FW1000T.

Was very tempted to order a pair from Amazon.jp but glad I didn't. ANC is important to me when I'm out and about.

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #39,205 of 62,422
IMG_1826.JPG
Trying out UE tips atm. Earfits sounded good but the stems are a bit too long and the left side wouldn't charge in the case but the right just made it. Most tips will work.

Nov 10, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #39,206 of 62,422
Hello again

So, I've received the Melomania 1+ and I'm listening for 2 days now. Updated to the latest firmware, after a bit of struggling. High performance audio mode, immersive EQ. They sound OK, good I'd say, but to me personally, they sound very (very) similar to my Melomania 1. I cannot justify this purchase in my head, so I will most probably return them.

So, I will ask you again, please, which IEM do you recommend? The most important thing to me is sound quality! I do not care (almost) at all about any other feature! It doesn't have to be good for phone-calls or to have noise cancellation etc. It must support LDAC or LHDC. I'm listening from Amazon HD, 85% electronic music

Technics EAH-AZ60
HiBy WH2?

Thank you!
I would say the Sony xm4 and AZ60 are probably your best shot if they must have LDAC. LDAC is still pretty new (few months old) so your options are a bit limited.

Would aptx be okay? You can get many more possibilities if you are willing to consider aptx.

Nov 10, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #39,208 of 62,422
Hello again

Technics EAH-AZ60
HiBy WH2?

Thank you!
Being an M1+ fan and having owned the M1, I can't disagree that the former is not a major upgrade at first glance, but the fact that it has an app and the ability to EQ the M1+ makes a difference to me. I also never use anything but OEM foam tips, which I also find the best option. Crazy as this sounds, apart from the SC app EQ, I also add another layer of changes via EQ on the M1+ with a third party player, Kaiser Audio, and I think that really brings out the best in the M1+.

I owned the new Sony and returned it (not a fan of the tips and price tag, and the sound did not blow me away), and I have owned Senns and other decent TW in-ears. I do have the Soundcore L3P here and like them as well, but it takes a lot, and I mean a lot, of EQ fiddling to get them right. When you do, they are, IMHO, amazing,

On the other hand, I have not purchased any of the other high end TW phones (besides the Sonys and the Senns), well I did have the Jabra 85t, but to me, spending $250-$300 for TW phones is a losing prop, since I use them mainly outside the house, turning to full-sized phones for at home listening. And the battery life issue also is a cost/performance factor to me. Finally, aging ears don't help either, haha.

My guess is unless you take the time to EQ tinker with the L3P, you won't care for them. The Technics look interesting. So much to choose from!

Nov 10, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #39,209 of 62,422
2 LDAC capable true wireless earbuds.

lK7Kkzl.jpg

ba5Caf1.jpg

yq0xScV.jpg

4iVMMja.jpg

Technics case is smaller than Sony's but does not have wireless charging. Technics buds are smaller and more comfortable in the ears, the tips come in 7 sizes.

It is possible to have all controls on the Technics and can be customized via the app. For Sony, you'd have to choose between volume control or ANC/ambient control.

The Technics sound the opposite of the Sony. Sony sounds very smooth with excellent detail retrieval and resolution. The Technics has a brighter and more exciting sound signature. The high-mid are boosted, and the bass sounds bigger than the Sony. Detail and resolution on the Technics is excellent as well. The Technics might appeal to people who find the Sony "dull", while the Technics may sound more fatiguing due to the brighter high-mid. Mids and vocals of the Technics come across as natural without sounding robotic or tinny. The bass on the Technics has more impact, maybe due to its larger 8mm drivers as compared to the Sony's 6mm driver.

The just my voice feature on the Technics works really well. Think of it as ANC for talking, it filters out most background noise and only your voice is audible. Some tiny shortcomings will be your voice will sound flatter, and if you whisper, your voice might not be picked up.

Nov 10, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #39,210 of 62,422
2 LDAC capable true wireless earbuds.

lK7Kkzl.jpg

ba5Caf1.jpg

yq0xScV.jpg

4iVMMja.jpg

Technics case is smaller than Sony's but does not have wireless charging. Technics buds are smaller and more comfortable in the ears, the tips come in 7 sizes.

It is possible to have all controls on the Technics and can be customized via the app. For Sony, you'd have to choose between volume control or ANC/ambient control.

The Technics sound the opposite of the Sony. Sony sounds very smooth with excellent detail retrieval and resolution. The Technics has a brighter and more exciting sound signature. The high-mid are boosted, and the bass sounds bigger than the Sony. Detail and resolution on the Technics is excellent as well. The Technics might appeal to people who find the Sony "dull", while the Technics may sound more fatiguing due to the brighter high-mid. Mids and vocals of the Technics come across as natural without sounding robotic or tinny. The bass on the Technics has more impact, maybe due to its larger 8mm drivers as compared to the Sony's 6mm driver.

The just my voice feature on the Technics works really well. Think of it as ANC for talking, it filters out most background noise and only your voice is audible. Some tiny shortcomings will be your voice will sound flatter, and if you whisper, your voice might not be picked up.
Thanks for this, nice notes. This is a comparison I was waiting for. Stock tips on both during your comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back