Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 5, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #39,061 of 62,387
Screenshot_2021-11-05-14-45-02-46_f7aa348215f5d566f9e4ca860f474209.jpg

I've got 23% - 9% .. which is ok for me because i don't need more than 5 hours. (without anc)
Its just that coil whine like noise on the right side that really annoys me.

My B&O EQ did the same to me. And yes, really strong/ noticeable floor noise from the right bud. I asked B&O Customer Service and they told me it is normal ( unbalanced discharge issue) but still asked me to send them back for diagnosing and they claim that floor noise is common because of BT chip inside the buds which I think it is B.s. it is a $400 pair of earbuds. Factory reset did not help at all. I placed a replacement from Amazon and it arrived today. Surprisingly, no floor noise at all, better (still unbalanced) discharge but they are calibrating themselves, even the touch function is more responsive and Noise cancellation is more isolated, no random disconnection. I think B&O is having QC issues now ( maybe Devialet and B&W as well ) so just ask for a replacement

Nov 5, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #39,062 of 62,387
Just got the Galaxy Buds2 in today. Initial impressions is that I will probably not be using these for music and will probably use them for Zoom calls and binge-watching Netflix on my Samsung tablet. Sounds recessed with ANC off and too bassy for my taste with ANC on (all I hear is bass right now). Prefer the sound of the Galaxy Buds Live, which sounds tighter to me in comparison. They will definitely be making the trip with me when I fly out to the West Coast in a few weeks so I can test ANC.

Mic quality actually sounded more natural to me on the Zoom audio test vs. the Galaxy Buds Live but I think I prefer the more open design of the Live for calls. I usually keep the Galaxy Bud Live scattered about to quickly pick up phone calls. Will have to try the Buds2 on some calls next week (there is an option to pipe in ambient noise for calls). I am using Final Type E TWS tips and they work great.

The app is so much better for the Buds2 vs. Live. Really like that you can now toggle between ANC and Ambient and everything is customizable (volume control is a bit tricky and probably easier to pull out the phone)

The current rotation:

20211105_211338_(1).jpg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #39,063 of 62,387
If there are any good TWS deals during black Friday month, please post them in here!

Nov 5, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #39,064 of 62,387
Tip rolling on the Soundpeats H1s paid off!

I tested out the stock silicone tips, Comply foamies, Spinfit CP145, CP360, and the Tanchjim T-APB series (T300T and T300B).

Tl;dr the T300T are far and away the winners for me!

Stock silicone: Fits the nozzle outer diameter perfectly. Good sound signature, but a little bass heavy. Medium isolation, but good for calls. Not good for exercise; constantly slipping out of my ears when running.

Comply foamies: Fits the nozzle outer diameter perfectly. Great sound signature, tames the bass slightly and pulls the mids up and treble forward. Good fit. Absolutely ridiculous isolation! Better than some active ANC; as such, not good for calls.

Spinfit CP145: Fits the nozzle, but seems to have some issues sealing. Zero bass, all treble. Not good.

Spinfit CP360: Narrower than the nozzle outer diameter. Bass boosted, treble takes a back seat. Fantastic fit, great for exercise. Good for calls.

T300B: Almost exactly identical to the CP360. Seriously! Makes sense given they have the same narrow outer diameter.

T300T: Fantastic! Perfectly sized to the nozzle outer diameter. Bass slightly moves back and mids and treble forward. Good fit for exercise and great for calls. Winner!
Ya man... Great! Once you get your tips right on the H1... You got one heckuva set... Cool man

Nov 6, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #39,066 of 62,387
Tip rolling on the Soundpeats H1s paid off!

Spinfit CP360: Narrower than the nozzle outer diameter. Bass boosted, treble takes a back seat. Fantastic fit, great for exercise. Good for calls.

T300B: Almost exactly identical to the CP360. Seriously! Makes sense given they have the same narrow outer diameter.
About matching the nozzle diameter, I've observed pretty much the same thing with every tip I've tried. In no way do I want something blocking the natural sound coming from the nozzle. I'd much rather use an EQ to tame a frequency if I have a problem with it. To me it seems like blocking part of the nozzle reduces some focus and detail.

Also the large Sennheiser tips showed up today so I'll give those a try. Given what I said above I don't know how I feel about having that cross of material going through the middle. Since I got 5 pairs I might just have to sacrifice one to experimentation, chop chop.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #39,068 of 62,387
About matching the nozzle diameter, I've observed pretty much the same thing with every tip I've tried. In no way do I want something blocking the natural sound coming from the nozzle. I'd much rather use an EQ to tame a frequency if I have a problem with it. To me it seems like blocking part of the nozzle reduces some focus and detail.

Also the large Sennheiser tips showed up today so I'll give those a try. Given what I said above I don't know how I feel about having that cross of material going through the middle. Since I got 5 pairs I might just have to sacrifice one to experimentation, chop chop.

I have the Sennheiser CX 400BT and the stock tips have this odd cross in the middle. I didn’t like them and replaced them with the Fiil tips that provide deeper fit and more clarity. I also found the stock Sennheiser tips uncomfortable since even the L ones felt not big enough and I’m usually a M for any other tips but it’s a personal thing I guess.
Sound wise I didn’t find the stock Sennheiser tips any good and the sound was sort of distant and muddy with them but it could also be that I couldn’t achieve proper seal.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #39,069 of 62,387
It probably also has to do with false or too high expectations. At the end of the day, this is still just Bluetooth and they will never come close to something like a wired high-end IEM.

Nov 6, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #39,070 of 62,387
I have the Sennheiser CX 400BT and the stock tips have this odd cross in the middle. I didn’t like them and replaced them with the Fiil tips that provide deeper fit and more clarity. I also found the stock Sennheiser tips uncomfortable since even the L ones felt not big enough and I’m usually a M for any other tips but it’s a personal thing I guess.
Sound wise I didn’t find the stock Sennheiser tips any good and the sound was sort of distant and muddy with them but it could also be that I couldn’t achieve proper seal.
That's what these are. The Med definitely didn't seal for me. I just tried the large and they don't work for me either. Not nearly the isolation that the SednaEarfit Crystal's give me and the bass all but disappeared compared the Crystals. The Crystal's definitely fit a little deeper into my ear.

It sounds like we are experiencing the same fitment problems.
Do you have a link to those Fiil tips?

Nov 6, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #39,071 of 62,387
What are your musical tastes?
Dying to know here, what did you think of the Devialet Gemini's?
Were you able to get them to seal? Too bass heavy? Not enough separation/ air/ detail? Quality issues?
I really enjoyed the Gemini's sound. There was something lacking there to me though. They sound awesome but there were inconsistencies with them. Like volume being higher on one side or the controls just not working. They were a mess. The sound was great. But, I got to thinking... "I am spending $300 bucks on a set that doesn't work very well."... Just took them back. I could see how one would love them with a correctly functioning set.
I did get the Gemini's to seal, I tried tip after tip and unfortunately I cannot begin to know what pair I used as I just have a huge Tupperware full of tips from iems and tws. I just picked a set that worked. It did take awhile to find a good seal with these for me. I was going to send them back and get another pair but the AZ60's came out, were less expensive and prob function better so... I gave those a try and they are coming today actually. As far as music I listen to almost all genres... Really, I know that doesn't help very much but it is true, I listen to a very wide variety of music.

Nov 6, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #39,072 of 62,387
If there are any good TWS deals during black Friday month, please post them in here!
Best Buy has a few, including Jabra elite 85t for 149.50, was 229; and they have a best price guarantee, if price drops between now and Black Friday. Same with galaxy buds2 and pro, each $30 off. Bose quiet comfort for 199.

Nov 6, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #39,073 of 62,387
That's what these are. The Med definitely didn't seal for me. I just tried the large and they don't work for me either. Not nearly the isolation that the SednaEarfit Crystal's give me and the bass all but disappeared compared the Crystals. The Crystal's definitely fit a little deeper into my ear.

It sounds like we are experiencing the same fitment problems.
Do you have a link to those Fiil tips?
The Fiil tips came with the T1XS and I think they are unavailable to purchase separately but the T1XS are on sale now with 40% off and they come with 4 tips and regardless the T1XS are a steal at this price of $27. They are very nice TWS.

Nov 6, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #39,074 of 62,387
I think this code only works in UK, (I tried US site and it didn't reduce price.)

20% off the much discussed B&O EQ so £280 rather than £350.

UPEQ20 - valid until 12 Nov, black and sandstone colours only.

Code works on official site and amgrace site, and should be accepted by most price matchers.

I think they're still a touch too expensive for me personally, but not convinced there will be any bigger discounts available later in Nov, so could be a good price if in UK.

EDIT: I'm thinking about it. (This flipping thread! 😂 )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back