Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 3, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #39,031 of 62,458
My 1More Comfobuds Pro have apparently arrived 2 days early, glad that I didn't splurge for the extra fast delivery that was meant to deliver them tomorrow (instead of friday) :D
Will pick them up after work and maybe give some first impressions later tonight.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #39,032 of 62,458
I went a bit down the rabbit hole of cheapo buds again and got myself the QCY HT03, since wife has taken ownership of my APP and I wanted something 'like that' without paying like 200$ used here ... and boy, what a nice surprise! These are pretty much what I wanted! They fit just like the APP, even have the oval, squishy latex / silicone-y feel eartips, the ANC is surprisingly strong ... and the sound is not too bad ... heck, since I have not had a chance to A/B with the original APP (wife is not giving 'em back), I'd be hard pressed to say if / how the APP are better. Scarbir describes the sound as warm & muddy ... I get the 'warm' part, which I happen to like.
Things that are not that great, there is an annoying, very cheap sounding beep upon connection .. the voice prompts sound tacky ("pass throughT" she says), speaking of that ambient mode, it works, but it sucks, it amplifies too much. The touch inputs are a mess but can be re-routed in the app (there's an app!), no one has figured out yet if the firmware upgrade works, it keeps saying this only works in monaural mode ... so, bottom line, I try not to touch those buds while I am listening to music :D .
I did a 15K run with them today and they behave just like the APP: very subdued 'thud', they stay in place and are pretty perfect for my kind of running music (Disco, Funk, EDM, everything with a happy beat). There were 0 connection drops.
They will be down to 30$ come 11.11 (maybe even less with coupons)

Nov 3, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #39,033 of 62,458
Kinda big, pricey, and they haven't made a "high performance dynamic" yet so hard to not worry they might be a let down.
https://www-phileweb-com.translate....l=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=nui
a2_thumb.jpg

SHURE-AONIC-FREE-1.jpg

Nov 3, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #39,035 of 62,458
Reading about that Shure model I would not be surprised if just a rehash of the SE215 driver...
The form factor looks awful. For $199, it's got to be a single driver 215-esque bud. I'll stick with my TW2 with the SE846 for now... until the itch takes over.

Nov 3, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #39,036 of 62,458
Bass on AZ60 is perfect for me. Same with fit, connection, features. However, i feel that mid and high on AZ60 is less crisp and clear than AZ70, vocal is also quite flat for me, especialy male voice. I like a warm and thick vocal so this is my EQ setting

Attachments

• D7E1021F-725E-4B5E-9D4F-637BD0FF48A4.png
    D7E1021F-725E-4B5E-9D4F-637BD0FF48A4.png
    347.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #39,037 of 62,458
Bass on AZ60 is perfect for me. Same with fit, connection, features. However, i feel that mid and high on AZ60 is less crisp and clear than AZ70, vocal is also quite flat for me, especialy male voice. I like a warm and thick vocal so this is my EQ setting
Thanks for sharing your custom EQ, will try when I get home. I used last night the dynamic EQ setting and it placed it above the AZ70.
While I was doing A/B , the fit came into play. The 60 felt better for me , it was like Samsung Pro vs Buds 2 . The fit played a key part to actually enjoy this

Nov 3, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #39,038 of 62,458
The form factor looks awful. For $199, it's got to be a single driver 215-esque bud. I'll stick with my TW2 with the SE846 for now... until the itch takes over.
Same here. As much as I like their IEMs, this will be a pass for me. The Aonic Free looks huge and uncomfortable to me and one of the reasons why I like their IEMs is that they are very comfortable to me. Now if they had released a new Aonic 8 (not just a repackaged SE846) they would probably have me opening my wallet again. I guess everyone wants a piece of the TWS market these days. Am pretty happy with my TW2/SE846 combo as well.

Nov 3, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #39,039 of 62,458
Nov 4, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #39,040 of 62,458
Did you ever try the AZ70? I would be curious how they compare in SQ and dimension/size fitting.

Hey ! Here are some close-up pics for your comparison.

Technics_AZ60_AZ70_1.jpg

Technics_AZ60_AZ70_2.jpg

If I were to EQ the AZ60 to the AZ70 profile, this is what it would roughly look like:
1. AZ70 bass is less boomy.
2. AZ70 solo instruments are more forward (midrange)
3. AZ70 percussions are louder (upper treble).
EQ-Technics_AZ60-to-AZ70.jpg

I have described in more details on this Head-Fi page -> https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/technics-eah-az60.25525/reviews#review-27177

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #39,041 of 62,458
I did not get my Comfobuds Pro yesterday, the delivery service app did something wrong so it looked like it was available for pick-up yesterday, but after a couple of hours it changed to "we've received note that your package will arrive to us shortly - we'll send updates when we've received the package and processed it for delivery" so it's not even in my country yet lol. :frowning2: Oh well, maybe tomorrow then!

Nov 4, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #39,042 of 62,458
Shure does have a dynamic driver in the 215. The design reminds me of the older Sony TWS.
Yep, and they have had dynamics before the 215. I said they have yet to make a high performance dynamic :). Even before the SE215 was old and past it's prime it was, at most, a solid performer. Popular because they were Shure but none of the dynamic models have been high SQ.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #39,043 of 62,458
Hey ! Here are some close-up pics for your comparison.

Technics_AZ60_AZ70_1.jpg

Technics_AZ60_AZ70_2.jpg

If I were to EQ the AZ60 to the AZ70 profile, this is what it would roughly look like:
1. AZ70 bass is less boomy.
2. AZ70 solo instruments are more forward (midrange)
3. AZ70 percussions are louder (upper treble).
EQ-Technics_AZ60-to-AZ70.jpg

I have described in more details on this Head-Fi page -> https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/technics-eah-az60.25525/reviews#review-27177

Really good review.
Looks like the AZ60 are overall an improvement in all aspects other than sound which is a toss-up.
The Sennheiser MTW2 already have a balanced sound and bass so to have less than that on the AZ60 will be too weak for my taste.
I also don't really like earbuds that mask bad recording. If something was recorded poorly I rather hear like it is with all its imperfections.

Nov 4, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #39,044 of 62,458
I got my Devialet Gemini today, is it normal that the right side has a stronger background noise?

After a few hours, I have to say that I am somehow not satisfied with them.
For me personally, there is a lack of air/space, detail/resolution and separation.

Its my first higher priced TWS, so not sure how to compare them but for now I am not convinced.

Now I am thinking of trying the Falcon Pro, what do you think?

Edit:

Dont get me wrong, they sound good.. but i just don't know what to expect,
as i only had experience with iems (cable) around the same price so far.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #39,045 of 62,458
Finally got my Fiil T1XS and I am sincerely impressed with the sound. They are really, really nice.
I've been working out with my black Fiil T1X lately, and they have always delighted me. Finally saw the 40% coupon appear again on the white T1XS, so I snagged them, and I am just so excited with these too. They fit perfectly out of the box, connected flawlessly, and am I completely satisfied with the sound. I returned my Liberty 3 Pro's and gifted my Jabra Elite Active 75t's to my wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back