Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 15, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #38,506 of 62,151
I realize I am new to this group but I have been looking for a group of people who are knowledgeable in tws and audio in general. I've read many of the posts and.... Cool. Like minded people is always a good thing. Anyways,.... About the LP3... So far I am not at all impressed by the LP3 sound. Almost as though something is missing. Enough volume yet not crazy headroom. Tizzy highs. I've eq'd them almost to a decent point but still something is just not coherent in the sound between the Dynamic and the BA. To be honest I have yet to really anjoy and tws with LDAC. I figured I'd burn them in for a bit and try tip changes but... So far these might go back. I have the Grado GT220 coming tomorrow so I'm pretty happy about that.

Oct 15, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #38,507 of 62,151
To all of you that have already received Liberty 3 Pros, where did you buy from? I placed a preorder last week on Bestbuy's site and no ETA as of yet!

soundcore. black arrive before the 20th. Got mine today.

still thinnish mids but bass is deeper and more powerful. Treble less artificial sounding. Good fit. Overall: happy.

Oct 15, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #38,508 of 62,151
Had to wait for an appointment today and found this YouTube channel and decided to watch there tws reviews oh, they do a very good job and also include the frequency response graph a lot of the tws items are reviewing. I had never heard of them just stumble upon them and actually feels unbiased I saw the channels seem to be almost like pitching for certain manufacturers

Oct 15, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #38,509 of 62,151
Had to wait for an appointment today and found this YouTube channel and decided to watch there tws reviews oh, they do a very good job and also include the frequency response graph a lot of the tws items are reviewing. I had never heard of them just stumble upon them and actually feels unbiased I saw the channels seem to be almost like pitching for certain manufacturers

They are much more informative than many on YouTube. They make it easy to gather what sound sig they prefer which helps me get a better idea what a set actually sounds like...they go pretty in depth as well and cover many of the questions which may come up. You are right they do a great job in reviews

Oct 15, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #38,510 of 62,151
I realize I am new to this group but I have been looking for a group of people who are knowledgeable in tws and audio in general. I've read many of the posts and.... Cool. Like minded people is always a good thing. Anyways,.... About the LP3... So far I am not at all impressed by the LP3 sound. Almost as though something is missing. Enough volume yet not crazy headroom. Tizzy highs. I've eq'd them almost to a decent point but still something is just not coherent in the sound between the Dynamic and the BA. To be honest I have yet to really anjoy and tws with LDAC. I figured I'd burn them in for a bit and try tip changes but... So far these might go back. I have the Grado GT220 coming tomorrow so I'm pretty happy about that.
How long have you had it? Did you use the ANC or off normally? Did you use the HearID thing or custom EQ?

Oct 15, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #38,511 of 62,151
I'll have to see once I get my L3Ps, but I remember the L2Ps sounding pretty bad/thin at first. I wonder if the coaxial drivers need the burn in to shine. Mine will be here on Tuesday if the postal gods are cooperative.

Oct 15, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #38,512 of 62,151
If you are okay with EQing then it is a very good sounding tws and the EQ is saved into the IEM. The sound pre EQ is too much bass and high for me, but it is easily remedy using the custom EQ. The soundstage is quite large and the separation is very good too.
I tested the call this morning and my wife said the sound is clear while I was in starbucks. The ANC is better than my galaxy buds pro and the ANC hardly change the sound when active. Transparency mode sounds natural but can't be adjusted like in galaxy buds pro.
Built quality is good. It is not too big and not too heavy either. The case is quite small and easily fit in my jeans pocket. The buds pro's case is smaller, but the shape makes it when I put it in my pocket, it create a bulge while the shape of the L3P case is slimmer thus it just fit more flush inside the pocket.
For $169, it is quite a steal imho.
Thanks for the impressions. I'm on the fence here. Seems like maybe they lack cohesion when it comes to sq.

Oct 15, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #38,514 of 62,151
Thanks for the impressions. I'm on the fence here. Seems like maybe they lack cohesion when it comes to sq.
The mid is a little bit thin is all I can complain.
Managed to get the EQ on the L3P just about perfect to my tastes. Beginning to see the light. Like what I hear now. Took some time, but so far worth it.
I actually tried the HearID just now and liking the sound, but yesterday when I use it, it was unbearable. The treble is so piercing, but now it is not. This is weird stuff. I was using my variation earlier too.

Oct 16, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #38,515 of 62,151
I hope you will go for it as I’m on the fence as well lol.
FWIW the L2P+ also sound terrible out of the box. HearID was way to bright but provided the base for tweaks.
The mids were a bit dry so hoping all these were improved with the the newest version. You will have to put the time to customize the sound it was the same with me with the older version.

Oct 16, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #38,516 of 62,151
How long have you had it? Did you use the ANC or off normally? Did you use the HearID thing or custom EQ?
So I've had anc both on and off. No I haven't tried the hear I'd on this set, I'm not holding my breath on these sounding any better. They don't sound bad, but, I would take the $40 Edifier Tws1 Pro over these in the SQ department. Everything else works great and they are stylish as hell. Look tough. Just thin... Mids both lower and upper... Thin. The highs are so splashy, tizzy, artificial sounding. Just like the L2P+... Just not a full and coherent implementation of a hybrid setup. I burned them in but only for about 4 hrs and to my ears nothing changed. Now, you can eq these to something approaching respectable but dude... I have many many sets of tws that imo blow these out of the water. Sucks. I purchased from Amazon so I have time to sit on these and hope by some miracle the sound changes. Maybe brain burn will kick in and I will report back that these sound amazing... Lol... This is all subjective though, but even saying that I don't know how many of you enjoy thin and tizzy. Crossing my fingers.... One other note, I will try hear id and maybe that will help out and I truly hope so however thin is something difficult to correct. I've done all my tricks, with tip changes, and manipulating the custom eq, trying the presets and I just feel like these are... At least for now... A step backwards for the tws world (strictly SQ speaking). I listen alot with my qudelix, or btr5, fiio dap, dongles and like you guys I want that wired full sound in a tws and I have been on a year long search in tws for that. The closest I have seen... IMO... Is the Lypertek Z7. For comparison sake... It's laughable to even compare LP3 to those as far as SQ goes. However every other feature, like the Sony Wf1000xm4 (returned) they have an awesome feature set which really makes it hard to put them back in the box and return them. Anyways sorry for writing a book.. Lol

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #38,517 of 62,151
Got the L3Ps yesterday and I didn't have very high hopes but I am quite impressed. I did the HearID test twice as I found my ears are a bit different especially in the very high frequencies...I was worried it was going to make them trebbly as reported here but it wasn't too bad and it got even better when you "mix" your HearID with the presets, not something that was available on the L2Ps. So now I have HearID+Soundcore Signature and the SQ is "thrilling" ! Wide, deep, detailed, what's not too like. The L2Ps sound "thin" in comparison, the Echodubs "narrow" and "dull".

The isolation is pretty good, the passive isolation is not as good as on the Echobuds, probably the best in class but the ANC is better so in the end it's close.

I had to go L and L on the tips/fins for the best seal/fit and I'll say that I'm not a big fan of the look as they stick out a lot. Like the L2Ps and the XM3s but unlike the XM3s they fall out as soon as I move my head (unless I stuffed them in deep with some foam tips). That both doesn't look great and it catches wind unlike earbuds that are flush with the ear (SiFi II, Echobuds, etc...). About wind noise, the "wind reduction" setting is absolutely useless as I found by sticking my head in the powerful fan I use for my home trainer. What are they thinking putting stuff that does not work at all ?!

Another fail is the "transparency" mode, it's really super "weak sauce" and I'm not comfortable having a conversation in that mode. Hopefully that can be fixed with a firmware upgrade.

Oct 16, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #38,519 of 62,151
I somehow tweaked the treble and the irritating aspect seems to have gone away. I also have the Amazon return window, but going to give the L3Ps a chance to grow on me. It does make you wonder why the poor tuning OOB.
I'm going to do the same... I'm going to keep tweaking... I really like the build quality, & the other features. I have tried and tried to add more depth to the sound though and I am not losing the thinness. I have corrected the treble by bringing down the highs drastically and adding dbs to the mids. Still there is almost a lack of driving power in note weight... It's odd. The bass is pretty good, on the tighter side and can give a good rumble, slightly rounded and weighty response... But man, I love my mids and the more I tweak them it seems to make it more artificial. I don't want to push anyone away from buying these and everyone is different but I honestly cannot understand the tuning here... They've been doing the tws thing as long as anyone and this.... This is what their flagship sounds like.... Wth. Apparently they needed more Grammy awrd winning producers... Lol. Let's put it this way... I listened to these and then I thought, OK I'll a/b these with say.... Soundpeats h1. So I listen to these and get to a point where they are good and then I go to the H1 and I'm like.... These don't hold a damn candle to H1... Both hybrid. I check the Camb MT's... Not even close. I a/b with the Camb 1+....dude cambridge wipes the floor with them... Which I should expect so that's not too crazy. But I also go as low as the Z3's and truly the Z3's at least at this point are just much better tuned and even more capable... I tried them against my galaxy pro plus and galaxy is just more mature throughout the spectrum. Anyways I'm sorry for harping on these because it may just be my preferences and I don't want to just crap on them when many of you may really enjoy them, I don't want to do that..I also should state that they don't sound bad... Not saying that... You can get these to respectable and even to a point where you can look past certain things with the feature set and all that comes with them, I'm almost there and hopefully with hear Id and maybe try a few more tips and some burn-in & brain burn these will shape up... Just want a solution to a set I paid 160 bucks for and should exceed my expectations. Oh well... At least I bought them thru Amazon

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #38,520 of 62,151
If you have had hybrids even in wired and that sort of thing is something you can hear and it bothers you I don't think they will be one where you can't tell the difference between the drivers. Don't even have to have them to tell you that. That would be some trick at that price. Trying to get more extension and the clarity and detail up higher with the armature but I doubt it will be up to real listening scrutiny on the cohesion. Rather most won't hear it being portable on the go sort of thing. Analyzing and quiet room comparing I'm sure the mids transition and some subtle differences in the note weight and definition will never let you forget they are a hybrid. A little TWS adjustment of expectations are probably in order since that is an issue in many $150 wired hybrids.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back