Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 7, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #38,191 of 62,165
"Audiophile Balanced" is usually bright-neutral to me.

I dont think I have a problem with the CX400BT´s tonality since I do love stuff like the Sony XBA-N3/Z5, LZ A7.
Yeah, I agree with that description. My primary point was not to jump ship on TWS with one offering. There's pretty much a TWS to fit everyone's taste these days. Good luck with Senns.

Oct 7, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #38,192 of 62,165
Don't give up so easily. If you want audiophile balanced, look at the Nuarl N6 Pro or the Noble offerings. I'm sure others come to mind but the Senns will also be somewhat warm and muddy although some are reporting the CX is better in this regard.
The CX 400BT should be more natural while the CX and CX are more bassy and warm.
I don't normally know what to think of El Jeffe but this review was pretty well done and I doubt he would shill for Anker over Sony/Apple and Senn. Hmm. Looks like a solid offering. Tempted. If there were available on Amazon 1 day for me, I probably would have already grabbed them.
I find this review to be very honest. Generally speaking I think his reviewers are fairly legit unless I’m missing something.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #38,193 of 62,165
Well...
Got my Lib3Pro's...... and i'm not as blown away by these as i was by the 2Pro+

-- Update
Took me about 2 hours to write the original post and in that time i'm really enjoying listening to them.
My concerns on the fit are fading -- they aren't moving -- they're just smaller and therefore not contacting with the ear so much and just with the fin so they don't feel as present as the 2's do. When you take them off they just easily pop out and that was giving me this false sense that they weren't in so well.
I think for the same asking price as the 2's (£15 cheaper for me) they're a real no brainer. The HearID ANC is perfect for casual listening -- it's not as strong as some brands' is but it similarly almost disappears and in my office the computer noise and other minor sounds are just knocked back that bit further without feeling like you're in that heavy ANC territory.

Haven't yet tried them in a noisy environment with full/heavy ANC enabled yet
The comment that i wasn't blown away is true initially but changing rapidly -- they feel more refined and the sound feels tighter. The bass is there and can be in spades but it's not as boomy ... feels more controlled and the BA driver feels nice.

--Update end

Fit for me is interesting .... definitely different feel to these .... they feel like they're going to fall out ... the fins are a lot gentler and i'm kinda paranoid they gonna fall but i've given them a good mosh/headbang and they're "in there".

App --- The Android app has been updated recently with these so they're picked up straight away --- however for me it's not allowing me to pick LDAC as it says the buds need a firmware update but when i click the button it tells me I already got the latest (03.36)

The HeadID worked the same .... the ANC test crashed a couple of times and didn't compelte ... so bugs are present in the app/firmware
EQ is worse than Lib2Pro+ -- i cannot use the HearID as a base and EQ from there ... i just have the option of HearID (no further tuning allowed), 3D surround (no further tuning allowed), Default (preset EQ's but no longer include the DJ's - just music styles), then Custom (which is a single set of 8 sliders with no left/right option)
So this is a step-back in my opinion.... actually ... found it just now .... it's kinda burried
Click HearID Test > HearID Sound Test then you can personalise (on) then click Advanced > Custom HearID

Wow... that's well hidden

The buttons are all configurable including turning off individually -- so you could turn off single-tap to prevent accidents
The ear tips "snap" onto the steps rather than just slide on ... they have a firmer plastic core which is secure

The ear seal tests work and says they're ok.
The sound quality is generally better ... bass is less by default than it was before and a step up i think

Case is smaller than previous by a bit ... very sleek ... has white lights under them so you can find them in the dark
Package is great ... 4 sets of tips and fins
Fit and finish is top notch .... case is smoother and more slippery in the hand

Sound stage feels wider and a little more easy .... ANC on adaptive mode is subtle and absolutely does not give you that locked in pressure. But i feel it isn't quite fully stable yet (feels like it comes in and out -- that could be the adaptive nature but i "feel" something every now and then)

Listening to (all via Spotify) - as you can see -- a various mix of genres
Gorillaz - Dare (for bass)
Marian Herzog - No Sanctuary Here (hearing the background noise and piano keys / seat creaking)
Joep Beving - Sleeping Lotus (lots of ambiance)
Terje Lsungset - Ung (bass/sub-bass)
Dominic Miller - Shape of my Heart
The Prodigy - Climbatize
Trifonic - Ninth Wave (feels nice and open with lots of positional sound and a great amount of bass which doesn't muddy the track)
Sizzle Bird - Elixir
Ella Mai - Everything
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven (mids tight metal)
Alanis Morissette - Princes Familiar Unplugged
Rage Against the Machine - Take The Power Back (tight drums / bass but feels more airy than many iems until the beat drops)
Ursine Vulpine - Wicked Game

They definitely need a firmware update to unlock LDAC if nothing else ... and the fit is going to take me a little adjusting to just to feel happy with the fit as they feel looser than the 2Pro's design as they're a smaller shell.

On balance they're a keeper i think .... about 90% sure i'll be sending the 2Pro+ back and keeping the 3's and awaiting a firmware release

20211007_204448.jpg20211007_204531.jpg20211007_204541.jpg20211007_204827.jpg20211007_205133.jpg20211007_214936.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #38,195 of 62,165
Can you power them off at the buds (without the case or power save settings) by a long press the same as you can to power on?
Not sure -- not that i can tell -- long press is a configurable item now but power control aren't on the list.
They'll pause music when removed and then go to sleep after a configurable timeout (30 mins being shortest)

Oct 7, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #38,198 of 62,165
Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #38,199 of 62,165
After shedding all but the CA M1+ and the Status Between Pro, I decided to take a flyer and order the LP3. Won't be here for awhile. I am a major fan of the Soundcore Q30, an amazing value (and pretty close to the Sony M4 over ears). I had the LP2Pro but sold them; felt the treble was just to sharp and didn't care for the form factor. With the 30-day return window here, nothing to lose.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #38,200 of 62,165
Well...
Got my Lib3Pro's...... and i'm not as blown away by these as i was by the 2Pro+

-- Update
Took me about 2 hours to write the original post and in that time i'm really enjoying listening to them.
My concerns on the fit are fading -- they aren't moving -- they're just smaller and therefore not contacting with the ear so much and just with the fin so they don't feel as present as the 2's do. When you take them off they just easily pop out and that was giving me this false sense that they weren't in so well.
I think for the same asking price as the 2's (£15 cheaper for me) they're a real no brainer. The HearID ANC is perfect for casual listening -- it's not as strong as some brands' is but it similarly almost disappears and in my office the computer noise and other minor sounds are just knocked back that bit further without feeling like you're in that heavy ANC territory.

Haven't yet tried them in a noisy environment with full/heavy ANC enabled yet
The comment that i wasn't blown away is true initially but changing rapidly -- they feel more refined and the sound feels tighter. The bass is there and can be in spades but it's not as boomy ... feels more controlled and the BA driver feels nice.

--Update end

Fit for me is interesting .... definitely different feel to these .... they feel like they're going to fall out ... the fins are a lot gentler and i'm kinda paranoid they gonna fall but i've given them a good mosh/headbang and they're "in there".

App --- The Android app has been updated recently with these so they're picked up straight away --- however for me it's not allowing me to pick LDAC as it says the buds need a firmware update but when i click the button it tells me I already got the latest (03.36)

The HeadID worked the same .... the ANC test crashed a couple of times and didn't compelte ... so bugs are present in the app/firmware
EQ is worse than Lib2Pro+ -- i cannot use the HearID as a base and EQ from there ... i just have the option of HearID (no further tuning allowed), 3D surround (no further tuning allowed), Default (preset EQ's but no longer include the DJ's - just music styles), then Custom (which is a single set of 8 sliders with no left/right option)
So this is a step-back in my opinion.... actually ... found it just now .... it's kinda burried
Click HearID Test > HearID Sound Test then you can personalise (on) then click Advanced > Custom HearID

Wow... that's well hidden

The buttons are all configurable including turning off individually -- so you could turn off single-tap to prevent accidents
The ear tips "snap" onto the steps rather than just slide on ... they have a firmer plastic core which is secure

The ear seal tests work and says they're ok.
The sound quality is generally better ... bass is less by default than it was before and a step up i think

Case is smaller than previous by a bit ... very sleek ... has white lights under them so you can find them in the dark
Package is great ... 4 sets of tips and fins
Fit and finish is top notch .... case is smoother and more slippery in the hand

Sound stage feels wider and a little more easy .... ANC on adaptive mode is subtle and absolutely does not give you that locked in pressure. But i feel it isn't quite fully stable yet (feels like it comes in and out -- that could be the adaptive nature but i "feel" something every now and then)

Listening to (all via Spotify) - as you can see -- a various mix of genres
Gorillaz - Dare (for bass)
Marian Herzog - No Sanctuary Here (hearing the background noise and piano keys / seat creaking)
Joep Beving - Sleeping Lotus (lots of ambiance)
Terje Lsungset - Ung (bass/sub-bass)
Dominic Miller - Shape of my Heart
The Prodigy - Climbatize
Trifonic - Ninth Wave (feels nice and open with lots of positional sound and a great amount of bass which doesn't muddy the track)
Sizzle Bird - Elixir
Ella Mai - Everything
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven (mids tight metal)
Alanis Morissette - Princes Familiar Unplugged
Rage Against the Machine - Take The Power Back (tight drums / bass but feels more airy than many iems until the beat drops)
Ursine Vulpine - Wicked Game

They definitely need a firmware update to unlock LDAC if nothing else ... and the fit is going to take me a little adjusting to just to feel happy with the fit as they feel looser than the 2Pro's design as they're a smaller shell.

On balance they're a keeper i think .... about 90% sure i'll be sending the 2Pro+ back and keeping the 3's and awaiting a firmware release

20211007_204448.jpg20211007_204531.jpg20211007_204541.jpg20211007_204827.jpg20211007_205133.jpg20211007_214936.jpg
Ldac is not enabled?

Oct 8, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #38,203 of 62,165
Does the multipoint on the Liberty 3 Pro remember to simultaneously connect to both paired devices (like Jabra 75t) or does it only remember the last-paired device such that you still have to pair the second one manually (like the Soundcore Life Q30)? There's strengths and weaknesses to both implementations, the latter seems more cumbersome but there are some occasions where I forget to break off one connection and if the two devices are apart, it will keep connecting/disconnecting.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #38,204 of 62,165
I have owned several headphones that have supported LDAC and several that have not and LDAC by itself it has rarely been the main indicator of high sound quality.

Oct 8, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #38,205 of 62,165
I've just posted a review about the Tronsmart Battle here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tr...-low-latency-13mm-drivers.25397/review/26976/

I also want to share a bit of a summary of my TWS use nowadays. mind you that this is strictly personal opinion and subjective to my daily use scenario only.

At this moment i think for true form TWS, i'm quite happy with the performance of sub $100 TWS for my daily uses, that are mostly watching YouTube/Netflix, with light background music listening.

my most used TWS in rotation are surprisingly all these review units Tronsmarts (Apollo Bold, Air, Apex, Battle), my own Onyx Ace and Sabbat Vooplay.. i mean they just work without trouble, and sounds quite good too for the job.
After that on the slightly less frequent group would be the XM3 for ANC and also daily uses like the first group, Galaxy Buds that i usually only use for music (still love the harman tuning), and Buds Live for calls and Zoom meetings.

The other on my collection would occasionally be used for sport and just so that the batteries don't dry out completely.

Also i found a technician from my audio forum that can change TWS batteries, so i think i could get more life out of my collection for some years.

For purely listening to music, i still prefer the BT earhook/dongles route like BT20S Pro paired with my IEMs.. i still personally think even paired with sub $100 IEMs like the KZs, Tinaudio, HZ, etc, it's still just sound overall better than most TWS I've heard, and also more economical in the long run. Also this solution is definitely scalable: for instance, i can easily paired my sony M9 on them and use it as TWS if i want better drivers.

so that's my thought and experience, at least for this time. I'm sure there would be changes of views in the future as new products and techs coming in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back