Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 2, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #38,042 of 62,381
If anyone cares about the call quality when they buy their IEMs - the Beoplay EQs are pretty terrible when there is ambient background noise. I was racking some weights in the gym while on a call, and I was told "it sounded like an apocalpyse." I tried at home while moving around some hangers, and constant complaints from the other side about how noisy it was.

In comparison, the PI7s have the best call quality that I have seen in all the TWS options, with a similar price point and similar sound quality.
Personally, I didn't find it so dramatic, but I've always been using foam eartips since the late 90s (Etymotic ER4 vintage). Since a few years I use Comply on all my present and past IEMs. These seal passively so well that ANC is almost not necessary (except in our Zurich tram :wink:). I also don't notice the pop/clip issue in day to day use - only with specific titles and EQ combinations. What bothered me however was the not precise manufacturing of the case and of course the dead left earbud.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #38,043 of 62,381
How long did they say to get replacement? If it were my impatient self, I’d end up getting a new set of EQ or get the Gemini in the meantime if not within a week or so (personally, I’m very partial to the Gemini)
They don't say anything. In these things I'm very impatient but with the H95 I have a very good alternative.... most likely I'll wait till I get the EQs back.

Oct 2, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #38,044 of 62,381
To be frank, I don't always scour and answer everyones questions. Blame my toddler. I'm cool with that. That said, the answer is YES :wink: I've had all the Beoplay E8 models and I'm much happier with the EQs. These are the nicest set of buds B&O has made.
Thanks again, what to me was confusing, was that in the shop, they said the major difference was the anc…..not SQ
No more questions from me….I am still tempted to try….

Oct 2, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #38,046 of 62,381
On a separate note, I see that Visions have discounted the Audiofly AFT2 (black) to $68 and I recall you got them not so long ago so might be able to use the 60 Day Lowest Price Guarantee to match the current price.
Got that savings today :). Gift card though due to past 30 days. All good as I will use that for my Technics purchase when the new models arrive if something else doesn't tempt first lol.

Oct 3, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #38,048 of 62,381
Got that savings today :). Gift card though due to past 30 days. All good as I will use that for my Technics purchase when the new models arrive if something else doesn't tempt first lol.

I think I may go for the Senn CX400BT from Shoppers as they have the Optimum deal this weekend - ends Sunday.
Based on multiple review I think the sound signature is more aligned with my taste nowadays and although I'm still considering the Technics AZ70 and the Lypertek PurePlay Z7. I don't really need a new set of TWS but I'm kind of itchy for something new lol

Oct 3, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #38,049 of 62,381
Spent the night with the 1More ComfoBuds Z. First off, I have one gripe. You can only set the Nature sounds for up to 150 mins. I'd rather it be 4-5 hours. Outside of that they are TINY. I've had the Bose, had the Amazfit Zenbuds. Tried earplugs. Used to use the Earin M-2s. So, I'm not new to the tech and/or options. I purchased the ComfoBuds Z for $82 after a coupon I found online. Definitely the cheapest by far. They are no frills. They don't have buttons or touch controls. You need to do everything within the app. The app isn't that great but works. The Bose sleep app is the best. That said, the CBs have the smallest case. MUCH smaller. They aren't noticeable in your ears and didn't bother me all night. I set the timer for 150 mins with the rain sounds. They did block out my toddler who is usually found wedged between my wife and I all night. I tracked my sleep with my Oura ring and got an 87 which is Optimal by Oura's standards. So, the buds did help me. I did hear them rub on my pillow as I'm a side-sleeper, but nothing that isn't normal when you wear buds to bed. They didn't fall out. The other cool thing about these is that you could use them for up to 2 1/2 hours to stream music from Apple Music, Spotify, whatever. I didn't buy them for music, I bought them to mask all the sounds at night that keep me up, so the nature sounds were for me last night. If I want to listen to music and rock, I have higher end buds for that. I might try the CBs with nature sounds from an app or meditation music via Apple Music and see what happens (how long they last, connection, etc.). The Bose and Amazfit only play the nature sound available from the manufacturer via their proprietary app. The CBs were appealing to me because they can also play music from other apps - just in case I do want that option. I'll try them again tonight and hope to get the same results as last night.
Do I also read that correctly from online description that they do not pass along phone calls? That is something I wanted in BT buds for a long time .. I hate when random phone calls have the power to interrupt my music listining ... I still have the V1 Bose and was overall quite underwhelmed.

Oct 3, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #38,050 of 62,381
So when is a bells and whistles feature not a bells and whistles feature...

When $187 is on the line...

When getting coffee this morning I hastily shoved my Galaxy Buds Pro into my pocket so I could fully hear the man taking my order. I then walk to the office and work for an hour and then remember to pull out my buds. One of them is missing!!!!

I frantically start retracing my steps looking on the ground and then I have a thought. Does the apps have a find my buds thing?? I open the app and wammo is shows my case and each ear bud. I select the left bud and click on directions and it opens up maps and directs me back to the exact spot the bud is located at. I walk in there is the bud sitting on a bench I sat down at to converse with someone.

$187 saved and the Galaxy Buds Pro just became my go to buds for going down town...

Grateful it was still there and more grateful the app saved me agonizing trying to find it...
I actually wonder HOW that works technically, since several cheaper buds now also claim to have that function . I doubt they are equpped with GPS chips .. so, my guess would be the app somehow records when / where the bud was last time connected with the phone? For some cheaper buds I thought the 'find my' feature is just a 'play high pitched tone so I can locate you between those sofa cushins'

Oct 3, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #38,051 of 62,381
I think I may go for the Senn CX400BT from Shoppers as they have the Optimum deal this weekend - ends Sunday.
Based on multiple review I think the sound signature is more aligned with my taste nowadays and although I'm still considering the Technics AZ70 and the Lypertek PurePlay Z7. I don't really need a new set of TWS but I'm kind of itchy for something new lol
I saw that Shoppers price at $79 for the CX400BT and nearly bit. Everything read say sound wise the new CX model and the 400 essentially sound the same so aside from a bit less battery life the 400 is a better bet on a budget.

How does the optimum deal work?

Oct 3, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #38,052 of 62,381
I actually wonder HOW that works technically, since several cheaper buds now also claim to have that function . I doubt they are equpped with GPS chips .. so, my guess would be the app somehow records when / where the bud was last time connected with the phone? For some cheaper buds I thought the 'find my' feature is just a 'play high pitched tone so I can locate you between those sofa cushins'
Not sure how it works but it saved me from losing $180 so I just grateful it did work. I have a pair that makes a noise and it is way less useful.

Oct 3, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #38,053 of 62,381
I saw that Shoppers price at $79 for the CX400BT and nearly bit. Everything read say sound wise the new CX model and the 400 essentially sound the same so aside from a bit less battery life the 400 is a better bet on a budget.

How does the optimum deal work?
Oh dang, $79 Canadians? It’s a steal as here in Ontario it’s $99 and you get about $25 worth of Optimum points back but if I could find them for $79 that’s even better.
From what I read I believe is the new CX have a bit more bass as they are now marketed with Bass Boost on the box and some reviewers like Scarbir noticed that and also mentioned that they are a bit less balanced and sound is less separated which I know I won’t really like so for less money I’m going with the CX400BT.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #38,054 of 62,381
Who has experience with the Lypertek Pureplay Z7? I saw a few posts here about bad nozzle design that is falling apart but are they worth the hassle for the sound quality?
I absolutely love them. I did not like the Z3 as much but the Z7 have amazing resolution throughout the entire spectrum... Very tight but deep bass and a wider Soundstage. Other than the fact that they stick out quite a bit I would say that these have no real gripes SQ wise. The Balanced Armature Drivers are really great with good tonality and extension as they react well to eq without a hint of distortion at any level. The Titanium driver does what good titanium drivers do... They stay deep, tight, and layered. I love the Z7's man. I own the Camb MT, also the 1+, the Z3's, the Neobuds Pro, the Samsung galaxy buds pro, the Soundpeats H1, among a handful other great SQ tws as well as have owned quite a number of others thought of as.... The best SQ.... They were all false grainy hype. The Z7's are a complete SQ package with great layering and control. IMO Lypertek knocked this out of the park and you hardly ever hear about them, however of the few reviews given they are all extremely positive and those you truly have to search for them. I listen to mostly iems but when I am just chilling with the Z7's.... I miss almost nothing. The only downside (keep in mind I really only care about SQ) is that these stick out a bit.

Oct 3, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #38,055 of 62,381
Well after getting the $32 back in the AFT2 it reminded me I had not used them recently so gave them a whirl while in bed last night and this morning. These things are super comfy for my medium sized ears. I literally slept all night and have warn them all morning forgetting I even had them in my ears.

Sound wise these have a rich slightly warm signature that reminds me a lot of my old Sennheiser MTW headphone. They come with garbage tips and have a rather large case but aside from those issues and the fact the parent company appears to have gone out of business they are a damn good deal at $68CAD. They lack a bit of detail compared to my AZ70 and Galaxy Buds Pro or the Status Between Pro but not by alot and at less than half to third of the price they are good option for someone on a budget.

I really like how they work for volume up and down using a long press on left bud for volume down and long press on the right bud for volume up, with the typical track forward and backward double or triple tap. Using assistant is a bit tricky in that you have to stop your music and then long press a bud for it to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back