Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 3, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #38,057 of 62,436
Has anyone else noticed compression artifacts on the Buds2 or Buds Pro when using Scalable Codec? Occasionally I hear intermittent compression artifacts, which doesn't sound like low SBC bitpool but almost like the hi-hats go underwater while the bass becomes more boomy. Never really noticed this on the Buds+ but read some other reviews where users described "bit crush" and I guess it was harder to notice due to the more splashy treble on the Buds+. Switching to AAC seems fine but moving back to Scalable, the audio speeds up a little before resuming speed.

Oct 3, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #38,058 of 62,436
Probably the first reviews/impressions...

Both reviews mention it but looks like Jabra said that multipoint will be added. The other issue that is not cool is only SBC and AAC. What are they JBL lol! The Elite 3 have aptX but the 7's won't. Oh well.

yeah the problem is whether they will deliver or not. They promised independent bud usage but ultimately cancelled it for the 75t. Their reasoning was along the lines of how everything they implement has to be convenient and seamless with their current protocol, but Huawei and VIVO have been able to get around similar issues. The chipset is more than capable of AptX but Jabra seems to ditch it for battery life or connectivity reasons.

Oct 3, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #38,059 of 62,436
Has anyone else noticed compression artifacts on the Buds2 or Buds Pro when using Scalable Codec? Occasionally I hear intermittent compression artifacts, which doesn't sound like low SBC bitpool but almost like the hi-hats go underwater while the bass becomes more boomy. Never really noticed this on the Buds+ but read some other reviews where users described "bit crush" and I guess it was harder to notice due to the more splashy treble on the Buds+. Switching to AAC seems fine but moving back to Scalable, the audio speeds up a little before resuming speed.
I have not and I regularly use the Buds Pro.

Oct 3, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #38,060 of 62,436
I use my Buds Pro with my S20 phone and have had no issues.

Oct 3, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #38,061 of 62,436
Nobody else needs to notice that if you notice it so clearly. It's obvious that the issue is there. Can be related to your smartphone, who knows...

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #38,064 of 62,436
Jabra Elite 7 preorders are up now in the US. Not sure if someone posted this. Will probably pick one up eventually. Hoping they let you swap sides during calls (I like to use one side at a time and switch during really long calls), which only my Samsungs (I have 2 pairs of Galaxy Buds Live for calls only) seem to do seamlessly.

https://www.jabra.com/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-7-pro##100-99172701-98

https://www.jabra.com/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-7-active##100-99171702-98

Saw the pre-order on Best Buy as well.

EDIT: kind of scratching my head on this one...spec sheets that are floating around the internet seem to indicate no aptX on the Elite 7 Pro/Active but the $80 Elite 3 does have it? I have other TWS for music but hesitating on principle now. Looks like there are some rumors that multipoint may no longer be on the table either...will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #38,066 of 62,436
I got one pairs of B&O EQ but unfortunately they get pop/clip issue. My friend who bought the same time with me also get the same issue. It seems this production batch too bad. My friend can compromise with this problem to get the best sound quality tws but i cant. I gave back them and be waiting for my Technics AZ60
I'd send those back for a replacement my friend... I have the EQs and they've been flawless so far.

Oct 4, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #38,067 of 62,436
I'll be trying out these 1More ComfoBuds Zzzzzzzzzs tonight. Here's what they look like next to my APP.
How do you like them? Mine came yesterday and they're the first ones I've found that work for side sleeping! Man are they tiny... I have an iOS app called Brainwave and I played thunderstorm sounds. Not sure how long they played until the battery ran out

Oct 4, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #38,068 of 62,436
Do I also read that correctly from online description that they do not pass along phone calls? That is something I wanted in BT buds for a long time .. I hate when random phone calls have the power to interrupt my music listining ... I still have the V1 Bose and was overall quite underwhelmed.
I haven't noticed. I'll try it and see. I do know they do not have a mic and controls on the buds because they're so small. So far, still working great for me.

Oct 4, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #38,069 of 62,436
How do you like them? Mine came yesterday and they're the first ones I've found that work for side sleeping! Man are they tiny... I have an iOS app called Brainwave and I played thunderstorm sounds. Not sure how long they played until the battery ran out
I've used them every night since I received them. They're definitely helping me. Incredibly small. What the link to that app? I'd love to try it out. I'm using Relax Melodies and the stock 1More app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back