Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 26, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #37,907 of 62,449
I am thinking some people are bored right now. When I see baiting and bickering in what is normally a very active channel discussing new products and TWS in general it usually because there is not much new to talk about...

In regards to Tommy C and I recommending the AZ70 this about the original posters commenta about sound preference. The AZ70 is not for everyone, but if you like a certain signature they might be right for you...

Skywalker mentioned just liking putting an TWS and it sounding great. This I understand whole heartedly I am not a fan of fussing with EQ's myself. I actually own the WF-1000XM3 as well and while I like it at times,the darker signature and subdued treble and detail is not exciting for a lot of the music I like. The AZ70 on the other hand suits that music better. Similarly there are time I want a more aggressive sound and the Galaxy Buds Pro work best.

But if had to live with just one of these TWS I think the AZ70 would suit me best.

Sep 26, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #37,908 of 62,449
Got my Edifier Neobuds and the sound is good but not great. They seem a bit muffled to me, especially on phone calls. Expected a lot better treble since they have a Knowles BA driver. Mic is good though and ANC is as good as Sony XM4s in my opinion. Case is small and looks cool. Wished if they sounded less muffled.

Back to my Sennheiser MTW2 as I have yet to hear another TWS that is better sounding to my ears at least. The touch customizability makes these perfect.
I looked at the stock tips and saw that they were a lot narrower than the nozzles. Switched to KZ Starline tips, and treble was much better; But the case would not close with those tips in Large. So switched to a wider bore double flange set of tips, that fit the case, and the sound opened up even more. Sound was best with High ANC, and LDAC for me. Low ANC and No ANC seemed to have a different equalization than the High ANC that sounded best. Might want to try some wider bore tips?

Sep 26, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #37,909 of 62,449
I don’t think you’re supposed to listen to in ear earphones for more than 3 or 4 hours on a stretch anyway. can cause Tinnitus

it depends on the volume level too. it's probably okay if we're listening to low level, or at least simipar to the ambient volume level of a quiet environment.
i do however take a break every hour and remove IEMs out of my ears for a few minutes, just to let them "breathe" a little.

Sep 26, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #37,910 of 62,449
it depends on the volume level too. it's probably okay if we're listening to low level, or at least simipar to the ambient volume level of a quiet environment.
i do however take a break every hour and remove IEMs out of my ears for a few minutes, just to let them "breathe" a little.

I use the Fiil CC2 when I need to let my ears rest and it works great.
They sound very good in low volume and their design is non-fatiguing and while I won't pay their full price but I got them around $50 and they awesome when you also need to be aware of your surrounding and TWS with ambient mode just won't do it.

Sep 26, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #37,911 of 62,449
Yup and only use IEMs with ANC when in noisy environments. I'm pretty sure my own tinnitus came from listening loud while biking around the city.

Sep 27, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #37,912 of 62,449
I use the Fiil CC2 when I need to let my ears rest and it works great.
They sound very good in low volume and their design is non-fatiguing and while I won't pay their full price but I got them around $50 and they awesome when you also need to be aware of your surrounding and TWS with ambient mode just won't do it.

agree! not all people can use earbuds form factor comfortably, but for those who can, open earbuds definitely have benefits dan we can't quite get from IEMs, even with TWS that have ambient mode (it gets close in function, but still not exactly the same).

if there's no distracting noises around me, i much prefer using my Vooplay, X12, Buds Live, Vivo buds, and Tronsmart Ace than my IEM TWSs.

i also just got the Tronsmart Battle yesterday, I'll be writing a review on it after some testing.

Yup and only use IEMs with ANC when in noisy environments. I'm pretty sure my own tinnitus came from listening loud while biking around the city.

yes, even without listening to music, street noise and wind sound themselves can be brutal to our hearing, and most people are not aware of it.. i remember years ago after riding motorcycle for some hours, when i got home and took off my helmet i noticed ringing sound, the same sound we get from listening to loud sound for too long.

after that time i always use earplugs when riding, and nowadays with ANC TWS, usually with no music or really low volume, if any.

fun experiment to try: after using ANC TWS for some time (try with no music to hear the effect more), remove them slowly from the ears.. you can hear the amount of really low rumble noise that's filtered off seeping back in

Sep 27, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #37,913 of 62,449
I am thinking some people are bored right now. When I see baiting and bickering in what is normally a very active channel discussing new products and TWS in general it usually because there is not much new to talk about...

In regards to Tommy C and I recommending the AZ70 this about the original posters commenta about sound preference. The AZ70 is not for everyone, but if you like a certain signature they might be right for you...

Skywalker mentioned just liking putting an TWS and it sounding great. This I understand whole heartedly I am not a fan of fussing with EQ's myself. I actually own the WF-1000XM3 as well and while I like it at times,the darker signature and subdued treble and detail is not exciting for a lot of the music I like. The AZ70 on the other hand suits that music better. Similarly there are time I want a more aggressive sound and the Galaxy Buds Pro work best.

But if had to live with just one of these TWS I think the AZ70 would suit me best.
Hope I didn't offend anyone with the comments on the AZ70... I know a lot of people here like them and I actually know very little about this stuff. I've benefited from the knowledge that the experts on here have shared.

It might also be good to mention the music I listen to: female vocals, classical and opera, instrumental guitar, pink floyd, 80s, blues... Not a lot of heavy bass :)

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #37,916 of 62,449
from what ive seen and reviews, the whole thing about the pro is LDAC support, in the rest its almost identical.

and the old version had an issue where the noise floor was a bit high so you would hear noise when raising the volume, some reported it and some said they never encountered it, so it seemed to be more of a irregular production issue then a general defect in design. i dont know if that issue creeped up in the pro.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #37,917 of 62,449
from what ive seen and reviews, the whole thing about the pro is LDAC support, in the rest its almost identical.

and the old version had an issue where the noise floor was a bit high so you would hear noise when raising the volume, some reported it and some said they never encountered it, so it seemed to be more of a irregular production issue then a general defect in design. i dont know if that issue creeped up in the pro.
The hiss or floor noise doesn’t exist in my unit. You now have LDAC support, ambient mode and HearID has another feature to tweak it even further but the rest is the same but sound, mostly in the highs according to one review is improved too.
I can’t compare the two but the new ones sound really good using the flat eq. With their Soundcore recommended eq they sound terrible.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #37,919 of 62,449
hi everyone, been a while since my interest in tws, can I ask which is the best sounding tws based purely on sound quality, all other features are not that important to me, as much as the sound is

Sep 27, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #37,920 of 62,449
hi everyone, been a while since my interest in tws, can I ask which is the best sounding tws based purely on sound quality, all other features are not that important to me, as much as the sound is
I was just at CanJam and found the Noble FoKus Pro to be among the best I've heard for a tws. It's not out yet, but should be out sometime in October. Unfortunately, I can't really give details on how it sounds since I tried so many IEMs the last couple days that it's hard to remember, but it is a sound quality focused tws. I'd look out for reviews for whenever it comes out

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back