Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 26, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #37,892 of 62,419
Are you seriously going to listen to it for 10 consecutive hours? Because it lasts 120 hours in the charging case.
No, close to 8 hours maybe. What I meant with my statement is that there are several TWS that reach 10+ hours on a single charge, but most of them only has regular AptX. If mifo O5 pro can reach 10 hours with AptX HD then it is quite impressive. I have mifo O7 and I love its sound, but from my experience, the single BA distort at high volume. I would rather they put another BA driver and use smaller battery to 8 hours. Speaking of battery in the case, my cheapo Ofusho has 140+ hrs worth of charge in the case back then in 2017 or 2018.

Sep 26, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #37,893 of 62,419
No, close to 8 hours maybe. What I meant with my statement is that there are several TWS that reach 10+ hours on a single charge, but most of them only has regular AptX. If mifo O5 pro can reach 10 hours with AptX HD then it is quite impressive. I have mifo O7 and I love its sound, but from my experience, the single BA distort at high volume. I would rather they put another BA driver and use smaller battery to 8 hours. Speaking of battery in the case, my cheapo Ofusho has 140+ hrs worth of charge in the case back then in 2017 or 2018.
Dude, you didn't get it. This ****ing IEM will play for 120 hours. When you put it in the charging case, it is charging the IEM. 10 times until you have to charge the charging case again. This is literally months of battery in my case without having to charge the case.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #37,895 of 62,419
Getting tired of replacing my usbc to headphone jack dongle every couple months.

Currently running mee pinnacle p1s and I love them (going on 4 or 5 years using them daily in the office).

I like em easy on the bass, high on detail and a big soundstage. I listen to Ska, jazz, punk, alt rock, prog rock, Podcasts & phone calls.

These will be in ears 8-10 hrs per day so comfort is important, needs to be good for work calls. Don't need ANC but a transparency mode could be useful (not needed).

Thinking $150-$200 should do it. Thoughts?

Thinking the hiby wh2 DBA seems attractive.
I second Tommy C recommendation of the Technics AZ70, they sound right in your wheel house for signature and while they are a bit big in regards to sticking out, they are comfortable. The call quality also seems decent to me. They go on sale quite often at least here in Canada. I paid $200CAD for my pair.

Another option might be Galaxy Buds Pro but as much as I like them because of IPX7 rating, smaller size, and very low ear pressure, they are a finicky fit.

The new Galaxy Buds 2 are also an option and they look less finicky than the Pro model but most people who have tried both says the pro sounds a bit better.

I do own both AZ70 and Galaxy Bud Pro and find I like both signature wise. The Pro is a strong AKG house signature. So if your familiar with and like the AKG house sound you will like the Pro. The AZ70 is a bit similar but has deeper sub-bass and slightly less emphasized midrange making is a bit less shouty and able give a bit more sub-bass rumble. I find it as detailed as the Pro but more relaxed.

In regards to ANC the AZ70 is definitely better being almost as good as Sony whereas the Pro is just OK in this area. If you like hear through mode they both offer great implementations of this.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #37,896 of 62,419
Dude, you didn't get it. This ****ing IEM will play for 120 hours. When you put it in the charging case, it is charging the IEM. 10 times until you have to charge the charging case again. This is literally months of battery in my case without having to charge the case.
Dude, I have 30+ tws and I know what I am talking about. It is 10 hours playing time in a SINGLE charge.
Screenshot_20210926-134018_Amazon Shopping.jpg
152 hours battery life when you charge it with the case. So it is actually larger than the mifo.

Sep 26, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #37,897 of 62,419
Getting tired of replacing my usbc to headphone jack dongle every couple months.

Currently running mee pinnacle p1s and I love them (going on 4 or 5 years using them daily in the office).

I like em easy on the bass, high on detail and a big soundstage. I listen to Ska, jazz, punk, alt rock, prog rock, Podcasts & phone calls.

These will be in ears 8-10 hrs per day so comfort is important, needs to be good for work calls. Don't need ANC but a transparency mode could be useful (not needed).

Thinking $150-$200 should do it. Thoughts?

Thinking the hiby wh2 DBA seems attractive.
You might dig the Audioquest dragonfly

Sep 26, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #37,898 of 62,419
You might dig the Audioquest dragonfly

I don't know why, but it's always the usb c to X connection that always fails. I've gone through 3 since March. I found a couple DACs that don't have a wire connection between the USB c & headphone jack which I might consider. But the dragonflys require a usbc to usba dongle which I'm sure will fail quickly. Same as how charging cables don't last either. I really have to wireless charge anyway, why can't my phone just have a damn headphone jack instead of the USB c port....

Looking into the AZ70 now as well.

Sep 26, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #37,899 of 62,419
Dude, I have 30+ tws and I know what I am talking about. It is 10 hours playing time in a SINGLE charge.

152 hours battery life when you charge it with the case. So it is actually larger than the mifo.
And what's the point of a SINGLE charge in this specific case? It charges whenever you put it in the case. 120 Hours DUDE! lol. You are not going to listen to it for 10 consecutive hours. lol.

hehe. Messing with you, but you have to agree with the logic.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #37,900 of 62,419
How about the Technics AZ70?
I don't have them but based on your requirements they may fit the bill.
Just to throw it out there… I tried the Technics and disliked them so much I returned them. Didn’t like the XM3’s at all either.

My favorites are the Devialet, Hiby WH2, Bose, and nuarl N6 Pro

Sep 26, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #37,902 of 62,419
And what's the point of a SINGLE charge in this specific case? It charges whenever you put it in the case. 120 Hours DUDE! lol. You are not going to listen to it for 10 consecutive hours. lol.

hehe. Messing with you, but you have to agree with the logic.
I do listen to my IEM around 8-10 hours almost daily actually.

Sep 26, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #37,903 of 62,419
Just to throw it out there… I tried the Technics and disliked them so much I returned them. Didn’t like the XM3’s at all either.

My favorites are the Devialet, Hiby WH2, Bose, and nuarl N6 Pro

What don't you like about the Technics VS the hiby WH2? Are your hibys the BA or dynamic version? Some reviews I'm seeing on the Technics sound like they might be bassier than I'd like.

As far as health concerns... I've had Tinnitus for as long as I can remember. I don't think the earbuds will hurt if you aren't listening loud.

Sep 26, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #37,904 of 62,419
What don't you like about the Technics VS the hiby WH2? Are your hibys the BA or dynamic version? Some reviews I'm seeing on the Technics sound like they might be bassier than I'd like.

As far as health concerns... I've had Tinnitus for as long as I can remember. I don't think the earbuds will hurt if you aren't listening loud.
Sorry to hear about the tinnitus… I had the Technics for about a week and the right one stopped working.

I have the dual BAs

My thing is I hate monkeying around with settings and EQ. I spent a lot of time trying different EQ profiles for the Sony and it was such a pain in the a$$

I just want buds that I stick in my ears and they sound great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back