Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 10, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #37,246 of 62,552
The EQs do sound very good. Probably one of the best sounding TWS I have heard to date. Still, as long as they don't fix the annoying flaws and inconveniences (for me), I will stay with the MW08S.

I tried all the major players, namely the MTW2, WF-1000XM4, PI7, EQs, Airpods Pro and the MW08S and ultimately kept the MW08S.

Sound quality is more than sufficiently good, fit is perfect, battery life is phenomenal, build quality and design are excellent and I love the physical buttons and the case. ANC, while not the best, is solid and call quality good (at least before the latest update somehow). Tough to beat as a whole package for me right now. They might be too bassy for some but they are fun, engaging and loud :)
Did the 4.4.5 firmware update mess up the microphone quality on the MW08’s? My microphones are suddenly terrible — no one can hear me on telephone calls and the volume on voice memos is way too low. I was about to RMA the earphones, but if it’s a firmware issue, perhaps I’ll wait for them to fix it.

Sep 10, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #37,247 of 62,552
Did the 4.4.5 firmware update mess up the microphone quality on the MW08’s? My microphones are suddenly terrible — no one can hear me on telephone calls and the volume on voice memos is way too low. I was about to RMA the earphones, but if it’s a firmware issue, perhaps I’ll wait for them to fix it.
Seems like, yes. Before that update it was really good. Now people are complaining. I'm hoping for a quick fix as well.

Sep 10, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #37,248 of 62,552
YES. My mics went from hero to zero. I had to RMA a pair, they sent me a new set, and after I updated the mics were awful. I stupidly didn't try the mics on the new set BEFORE I updated them. Sent them all back and was refunded.

Sep 10, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #37,249 of 62,552
If I wanted to splurge on one more top end item (obviously having the Bose AND the Sony xm4 is not enough to keep me from looking around ...)
out of the 3:
B&O EQ
Gemini
MW08

which one would I like best? I like it dynamic, sporty, bassy ... I am usually running when I listen to music ... I enjoy very good ANC ...

This time I might actually have a chance to try them out (even bring my own tips) before buying ...

Sep 10, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #37,250 of 62,552
Will try when I get home
Hello, so a few things after testing the songs you sent:

• On my observations last night at work with my other earphones what I thought was like a faint sound, when I was in a quiet enviroment I found that it was really nothing particular
  • Checked the B&O and did not get any type of Pop, which would almost sound to me like the DD pulling. Tried with ANC on and off + differn EQ settings. Could not find anything
  • One thing I did notice was in the song by Bronx a diffrence between left and right, it was not a pop or anything like that, it felt like some sort of channel balance. The PI, TW2, MW08 did not exhibit it. However the B&O and the Sony XM4 did give me that "feedback". I tested the song with my Fir Audio VxV and found that there is a difference between Left and Right channel on that song its not like in your face unless you are looking for it or maybe it just that the sensitivity of the driver picks it up???
These findings in no way mean that the B&O may have an issue as it could be that I am not picking it up due to my hearing response, etc

Hopefully you can test another pair and see if its hardware or something else

Sep 10, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #37,251 of 62,552
If I wanted to splurge on one more top end item (obviously having the Bose AND the Sony xm4 is not enough to keep me from looking around ...)
out of the 3:
B&O EQ
Gemini
MW08

which one would I like best? I like it dynamic, sporty, bassy ... I am usually running when I listen to music ... I enjoy very good ANC ...

This time I might actually have a chance to try them out (even bring my own tips) before buying ...
Not sure about the MW08s, but I doubt the Geminis and B&Os would please you on a trot down the road. You may spend more time picking up earbuds than running.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #37,252 of 62,552

• On my observations last night at work with my other earphones what I thought was like a faint sound, when I was in a quiet enviroment I found that it was really nothing particular
  • Checked the B&O and did not get any type of Pop, which would almost sound to me like the DD pulling. Tried with ANC on and off + differn EQ settings. Could not find anything
  • One thing I did notice was in the song by Bronx a diffrence between left and right, it was not a pop or anything like that, it felt like some sort of channel balance. The PI, TW2, MW08 did not exhibit it. However the B&O and the Sony XM4 did give me that "feedback". I tested the song with my Fir Audio VxV and found that there is a difference between Left and Right channel on that song its not like in your face unless you are looking for it or maybe it just that the sensitivity of the driver picks it up???
These findings in no way mean that the B&O may have an issue as it could be that I am not picking it up due to my hearing response, etc

AWESOME. Thanks for doing that. I was actually near my local B&O today and repurchased a pair. I'll be testing them out, but I have stagefright!

Sep 10, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #37,254 of 62,552
Did they arrive yet? :)
Got them. Case, buds and adapters look identical to V1, which was expected. Trying to figure out the EQ process now. Major difference with hardware EQ. Using Apple Music is much more fun now. But wow, they fixed all the control issues I had, esp. Volume Control! Very happy so far. Let the fun begin.

Attachments

• IMG_7624.jpg
    IMG_7624.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7626.jpg
    IMG_7626.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7625.jpg
    IMG_7625.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 0
Sep 10, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #37,255 of 62,552
Sep 10, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #37,256 of 62,552
Got them. Case, buds and adapters look identical to V1, which was expected. Trying to figure out the EQ process now. Major difference with hardware EQ. Using Apple Music is much more fun now. But wow, they fixed all the control issues I had, esp. Volume Control! Very happy so far. Let the fun begin.
They also added one feature that I always love. When you pause music, Transparency Mode kicks in. You can turn this feature on or off.

Sep 10, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #37,257 of 62,552
YES. My mics went from hero to zero. I had to RMA a pair, they sent me a new set, and after I updated the mics were awful. I stupidly didn't try the mics on the new set BEFORE I updated them. Sent them all back and was refunded.
Grrr. They can't just roll back the update? Geez. I had just settled on these as my daily driver!

Sep 10, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #37,258 of 62,552

I'm so happy to hear that not at all EQ pairs got the pop issue. I guess Bones and Erokg are in the same area and that production batch got problem. It seems you two got trouble with the sand yellow one. Even though I know they have nothing to do with color haha but hope that my black one coming is good. I'll let you guys know when i received it.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #37,259 of 62,552
I'm so happy to hear that not at all EQ pairs got the pop issue. I guess Bones and Erokg are in the same side and that production batch got problem. It seems you two got trouble with the sand yellow one. Even though I know they have nothing to do with color haha but hope that my black one coming is good. I'll let you guys know when i received it.
I've been using a new pair today and I'm not having the same pop issue on the tracks I've tested. Will report back if they suddenly occur. I truly love these B&O EQs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back