Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 7, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #37,036 of 62,422
Yes, better, but still would have liked a newer BT with a bit better battery life. As already stated, maybe more than topping out with aptX. I would like the case to be redone. Not sure why they didn't update the way they fit in the case and also get rid of the zipper. Worth taking a look but not sure I would buy till maybe a price drop and I would not get the 215 model just the adapters solo. Of course would be more interested if there were two-pin as well as MMCX.
Oddly enough, I don't mind the case. I'm an iPhone user, so AptX didn't matter to me. My ears can't even tell the difference. Apple Lossless via Apple Music seems to work well for me. I tried a two-pin adapter with them. While it works fine, it did make the length of the Shure TWS adapters a little long around my ears.

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #37,037 of 62,422
After a couple of months of using the Status Between Pro’s, I’m still very happy.

Pro’s:
They truly sound amazing, was blown away recently when I listened to the newly released The Doors’ Riders on The Storm (Sunset Sound Demo) on Tidal.
The fit is snug and comfortable. Where I kept fiddling with the CA Melomania Touch, these just fit well and stay put. There’s no ANC, but the passive noise cancellation works so well I sometimes have to take them out when communicating with other people when doing groceries or something.
Very fast and quite stable connection.

Con’s:
Voices in podcasts can sound a bit sharp (?) sometimes, especially the S, C and F.
Can be challenging taking them out of the case.
And, more importantly, sometimes they keep connected when in the case and even continue to play music.
This could be something a firmware update could fix, but unfortunately there’s no app.
Owned both, kept the BPs and they can, to me, sound amazing. However, the case wrangling and lack of shutoff (now and then) is annoying. But on balance, I treat them more like a stay at home pair of phones, using the CA Melomania 1+ as my road TW phones (and the reason I sold the MTs). But the BPs are really a treat, especially with well-recorded music. And to think I got them for $75 on Indiegogo. Fingers crossed they are durable.

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #37,038 of 62,422
Gave the UE Fits a whirl and they are on their way back to UE. I even had two shots at getting the fit right (long story). Used the mediums that came with them stock, and while not bad, my right ear just could not get a good custom seal (always felt somewhat loose). As a result, being as they are balanced to an extreme, they sounded so thin I could not abide by them. I had to EQ the crap out of them, not fun. My wife, who is not into the hobby but wanted a pair of wireless in-ears, tried them and loves them. She has to be getting a better seal.

Saves me $175 (sale price). So what did I do? Picked up a pair of black, refurbished (my guess is returned) Samsung Galaxy Buds+ and they are very nice, comfortable, nice sound. At $63, good value. Dare I say I am done for awhile?

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #37,039 of 62,422
Gave the UE Fits a whirl and they are on their way back to UE. I even had two shots at getting the fit right (long story). Used the mediums that came with them stock, and while not bad, my right ear just could not get a good custom seal (always felt somewhat loose). As a result, being as they are balanced to an extreme, they sounded so thin I could not abide by them. I had to EQ the crap out of them, not fun. My wife, who is not into the hobby but wanted a pair of wireless in-ears, tried them and loves them. She has to be getting a better seal.

Saves me $175 (sale price). So what did I do? Picked up a pair of black, refurbished (my guess is returned) Samsung Galaxy Buds+ and they are very nice, comfortable, nice sound. At $63, good value. Dare I say I am done for awhile?
I truly wanted to love those UE Fits. Wound up selling mine on eBay. Great idea though - the fitted tips. Hopefully, next gen will be better. Back when I had them, I asked UE if they'd ever make TWS adapters for their higher end fitted buds. The rep said they were working on something. We shall see!

Sep 7, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #37,040 of 62,422
Do any MMCX earbuds work with the Shure adapters, as long as they fit the case?

Or would you run into any issues if your IEMs differs vastly from Shure's line up in terms of. Sensitivity etc?

I really like the tiny form-factor of both the case and adapter.
Most MMCX earbuds will work with them. Shure's MMCX connector is standard so it'll fit most. There are a select few that won't work with them like the AKG N5005 and the Sennheiser IE900; there may be others too like Etymotic. Basically anything with a recessed MMCX will not be compatible with them; everything else should work.

Sep 7, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #37,041 of 62,422
Well I’m on my 2nd pair of KEF mu3’s. The first pair sounded amazing and fit great but one of the buds stopped working. The customer service was great - mailed them back and they sent me a new pair. Unfortunately the left bud on the new pair has a popping/hissing sound. I’ve tried multiple tips. I’m too exhausted with these things to send them back again

Sep 7, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #37,042 of 62,422
I'm having charging issues again occasionally on the replacement MT. I think it's the case..

Bit disappointing. It doesn't happen as much as it used to before the RMA, but we will see as the months go by. It makes it difficult for me to recommend these earbuds to others. CA recently dropped the price to $120 on Amazon, which is great. The pairing issues are gone thanks to the firmware updates. Sound has also improved since January. Charging issue is not going anywhere though unless if they release a different case.

Sep 7, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #37,043 of 62,422
Received the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro +. Newer version looks identical to the predecessor but the logo is in bronze. I never owned the original L2P so this is from photos alone.
The fit is excellent and very comfortable. The Ambient mode is very good and sounds better than the CA MT.
I fiddled around with them a little and they sound good! EQ works well and the HearID in my case works well and I was able to customize the sound to my liking.
The sound, despite these having a hybrid setup with one Knowles BA and one dynamic (Coaxial?) driver while is good, I don't find it to be exceptional - this is just an early impression so take it with a grain of salt.
Compared to the CA MT they have a nicer app and so far it looks free of any bugs.
I need some more time to see which one I prefer; the CA MT or the Soundcore L2P+.
Give them a little time to open up. The original ones weren't exceptional out of the box, but they improve. They are still some of my favorites.

Sep 7, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #37,045 of 62,422
So keep the EQ and try to deal with the fit and sell the pi7 or return the EQ? That is my dilemma.
Sell the PI7 :wink: I miss the EQs tremendously!

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #37,049 of 62,422
I had to return the PI7, the highs are superbly controlled, airy but not harsh. However, the amount of mid-bass is too much for me and it's annoying not being able to share a song with my wife. I am deciding between B&O EQ and MW08, can someone give me some advice? I usually listen to pop music with tempo, soft mid-bass not too strong and crispers, rich sub-bass, thick and sweet vocal, big soundstage, trebble whatever. Is that too greedy? Thanks everyone ^^

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #37,050 of 62,422
I had to return the PI7, the highs are superbly controlled, airy but not harsh. However, the amount of mid-bass is too much for me and it's annoying not being able to share a song with my wife. I am deciding between B&O EQ and MW08, can someone give me some advice? I usually listen to pop music with tempo, mid-bass not too strong and boomy, lots of sub-bass, thick and sweet vocal, big soundstage, trebble whatever. Is that too greedy? Thanks
EQ and it's not that close if Sq matters most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back