Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 29, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #36,751 of 62,749
Hi. I have 2 question

1. How do you think the B&O B8 compare to Noble Falcon 2 , or the B&O EQ compare to Noble Falcon Pro?

2. Does DAC or DAP as important as before when listen music through True Wireless? many thanks !

I don't think Noble can compare realistically with B&O EQ, completely different league. But biased as Noble tuning was not appealing to me.

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #36,752 of 62,749
Anyone experienced with small ear canals and concha area? I’m looking for a great gym wireless set (tws, neckband or even a BT Thing like the UTWS 3 with a wired IEM. I don’t have a budget as long as it’s super comfortable and suited for working out (running, gym workouts).

Aug 29, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #36,753 of 62,749
Has anyone done any demoing between the Nuratrue and the Sony WF-1000XM4's? I'm almost ready to let my XM4's go because even though they sound great they just don't manage to reach all the way to what I want, and I'm trying to find something around $200-250 that fit that bill.

Now when the Nuratrue is getting (has gotten?) an update that will increase the maximum volume they seem like they could be pretty great, I think!
The nura update has arrived and they are now probably about a third louder than the xm4's.

Aug 29, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #36,754 of 62,749
Any EQ owners with fit issues? Tried multiple tips but they keep sliding around. The weight seems centered on the outside. Grrrr. Love these but they have to stay put!

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #36,756 of 62,749
Anyone experienced with small ear canals and concha area? I’m looking for a great gym wireless set (tws, neckband or even a BT Thing like the UTWS 3 with a wired IEM. I don’t have a budget as long as it’s super comfortable and suited for working out (running, gym workouts).
Depends on how well they'll sit in your ears but my old tronsmart spunky beats (ipx5) fit my smaller ears well. They're onyx free (ipx7) may also work too.

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #36,757 of 62,749

currently using the FIIL T1XS and it’s the most comfortable TWS and earphones I have had in 10 years. The seal is superb and the tips are high quality from XS to L and work well. Their sound signature will suit the gym and their ambient sound works well. They are Chinese but don’t confuse them with the usual Chi-Fi. They are owned by Xiaomi and they tune their own sound and their management include some Chinese musicians
Bought them for $30 after coupon on Amazon and they are a steal considering they have a very nice app for Android and IOS with equalizer and pre-sets.
Let me know if you have any questions or would like some more pics.

Aug 30, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #36,758 of 62,749
The nura update has arrived and they are now probably about a third louder than the xm4's.
How much louder are that than the previous firmware? Mine were pretty low at max.

Aug 30, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #36,759 of 62,749
Any EQ owners with fit issues? Tried multiple tips but they keep sliding around. The weight seems centered on the outside. Grrrr. Love these but they have to stay put!
I use Spinfits which work well, but will try ePros tonight.

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #36,760 of 62,749
Now when the Nuratrue is getting (has gotten?) an update that will increase the maximum volume they seem like they could be pretty great, I think!

Thank You, sir for this
How much louder are that than the previous firmware? Mine were pretty low at max.

On their website they state not only the base +6dB, but yet another +6dB (!) in the "High Gain Option" (with the death.. sorry: deaf disclaimer) :)
Nuratrue low volume, mentioned in a many reviews, was the only con for me. Now, after update, I've ordered one.

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #36,761 of 62,749
Demoed the Nuratrue and Beoplay EQ yesterday... both made my XM4's sound pretty crap in comparison honestly.

Was impressed with the Beoplay EQ especially, probably the best sounding TWS I've heard based on the very short time I had with them. They sound very natural and I thought I would hate their limited EQ but it was honestly pretty effective and the changes were very apparent and changed the character of the sound quite a lot. Liked
that implementation way more than Sennheisers weird slider thingie.
I didn't compare them to the earbuds that I previously thought sounded the best (the PI7's that I fwiw never owned so also have limited experiences with that), but these just sounded more relaxed and neutral to my ears but could still be EQ'd to output some serious bass if you wanted to (I preferred the EQ setting around the "bright" area though).

The Nuratrue seems to be very good value for the money though, to my ears it didn't sound $200 worse than the Beoplay if I'll put it like that. I'm trying to sell my XM4's and get the Nuratrue for now, the price for the EQ's are just... not reasonable for my wallet right now. But yeah, the Nuratrue sounds good, really good even. It really made the profile so good that the mids and highs just sounded really good all the time, in a way that it honestly makes sense just having the immersion slider to change the bass impact, because nothing else felt like it needed any tweaks. I mean, I wish they would provide an EQ in the app anyway since some people could prefer a sound that still isn't ideal to their ears/hearing, but still... I would say that it's probably not necessary even if it was a bonus.

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #36,762 of 62,749
Also, update on my time with the SoundPeats H1:

I switched tips to some Comply Truegrips, and it tamed the bass down from waaayyyy too much and super bloated to being a bit tighter, but it's still very bassy in a way that I think a lot of people would enjoy, but it's not precisely my type of bass. But it helped the tonality of the bass come forward a tiny bit, so I can hear the bass strings in many songs with bass guitar, with the silicone tips even regular bass guitar almost sounded like an 808 or just a deep electronic bass lmao.

But my point being that except for that these sound really good. I hope more manufacturers start using dual and triple drivers in their earbuds because I can tell that it makes a pretty big difference in how clear the mids and highs sound despite the bass being as impactful as it is. After trying the Beoplay I thought it would be a pain going back to these and that they would make the music sound like crap, but honestly not the case at all. Some tracks sounded even better because they're very smooth and forgiving, so some less well-produced tracks sound good on these.
For the price I would easily recommend these for the ones who like thick bass but clear mids and highs. It's weird because I can't call them V-shaped exactly, or they aren't to my ears because it feels like the mids and highs are both similar in emphasis, it's just the bass that feels boosted.

I'm weirded out by Scarbir saying that these aren't for people who like bass when they're VERY bass heavy to me.

"The bass is the least impressive part here. It doesn't extend very low and can miss that sensation of a deep-diving, dark rumbling sub-bass. The H1 focuses on the mid-bass mostly, which presents itself with steady, gentle thumps you can just about feel. The bass could have been tighter, and the decay could have been a little quicker - the best-sounding competitors halfway 2021 strike a little faster"

I agree that it misses a bit on the lowest of frequencies, but I have to think that he didn't have a good fit if he said that it's "gentle thumps you can just about feel", because they dominate the sound, however I agree on the rest, it could've been a lot tighter and had quicker decay, and I agree about just about everything else in the review.

Also the passive noise isolation from these are pretty insane and aren't that far from some of the ANC earbuds i've tried, but obviously not in comparison to the best-in-class.

Aug 30, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #36,764 of 62,749
Oh yeah btw, has anyone had the chance to compare the Geminis and the Beoplay EQ?

Might put one of them on my wishlist for my birthday and I can’t try the Geminis unfortunately.
So it'd be nice to hear somebody compare the sound signatures etc.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #36,765 of 62,749
Oh yeah btw, has anyone had the chance to compare the Geminis and the Beoplay EQ?

Might put one of them on my wishlist for my birthday and I can’t try the Geminis unfortunately.
So it'd be nice to hear somebody compare the sound signatures etc.
I’ll try to summarize what I think I’ve read on the board. The EQ are considered to have better SQ but, and I quote @clerkpalmer “in a world of $400 earbuds, the Gemini are a steal at $300”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back