Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 28, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #36,721 of 62,422
Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment and bought these again. The deal was too good. They're on sale for $179 now, but better deal with the below. Worth testing out...

"Newest and best Jaybird Vista 2 sport earbuds for $143.99 after stacking 2 promo codes in the shopping cart. Normal price is $199.99. I believe the promo codes also work for anything on the site (for 30% off).

Promo codes are:
RICHROLL20
SHRED10

Note: after applying the second code (SHRED10), my cart item was duplicated, but I could easily delete the duplicate and finish the purchase.

https://www.jaybirdsport.com/en-u...00928.html"
Glad to see you purchase them.
Was thinking of pulling the trigger on the Vista 2 but barely have any free time nowadays so tried to get some info here and didn’t see much discussions about them here.
looking forward to hear your take on them. :)

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #36,723 of 62,422
B&O EQ measurements and sound clips. Looking at ANC, wind noise, tips, EQ presets etc. Just enable english subs.

Can anyone tell me how a dip at 2k khz affects on sound signature of B&O EQ

Attachments

• 81FC2629-33AE-4789-956D-35B8EE666336.png
    81FC2629-33AE-4789-956D-35B8EE666336.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 28, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #36,725 of 62,422
Is it possible to over tip-roll? 🤣 I’ve got final on my left ear and stock on right.
I mean if it sounds good to you *shrug*

I've tried doing stuff like this and even if it sounds good I still feel so weird about having two different types of tips in my ears that I have to decide on one pair despite that it sounds better that way lol

Aug 28, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #36,726 of 62,422
Has anyone done any demoing between the Nuratrue and the Sony WF-1000XM4's? I'm almost ready to let my XM4's go because even though they sound great they just don't manage to reach all the way to what I want, and I'm trying to find something around $200-250 that fit that bill.

Now when the Nuratrue is getting (has gotten?) an update that will increase the maximum volume they seem like they could be pretty great, I think!

Aug 28, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #36,727 of 62,422
Do you think Devialet is one of the most impact bass now. I am just sub-bass lover, i dont really like mid-bass too strong. Sorry about my difficult hobby :[[
Others can chime in but the Gemini has lots of sub bass for a tws and is pretty clean in transition to mids.
Can anyone tell me how a dip at 2k khz affects on sound signature of B&O EQ
Yes it's noticeable. But easily addressed in the eq.

Aug 28, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #36,728 of 62,422
Others can chime in but the Gemini has lots of sub bass for a tws and is pretty clean in transition to mids.

I agree re: Gemini bass, strong, present, at sub but not overpowering to other frequencies. And that’s just on flat eq setting. 6db of room to increase (and decrease) at 80 and 125hz and 400…. Here’s the app eq for your reference.

edit: have to add, I personally feel there is little to no bass leakage

Attachments

• 58BE67F9-37A0-4D3B-A793-D4F2E08835D7.png
    58BE67F9-37A0-4D3B-A793-D4F2E08835D7.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 28, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #36,730 of 62,422
Definitely for on the go, especially when you need to wear a mask and, sometimes in my case, glasses, there just isn't enough room behind my ears for my SE846.

Ears recently started getting blocked up after 20+ years of IEM use so ended up trying to get my ears cleaned out, which they did bit also left me with inflammation in my left ear (couldnt hear for a week) and an infection in the right. Have my hearing back now luckily bur the whole experience has brought me back to over ears (have been using my Aonic 50s more the last few weeks). Also, maybe it is a sign that I am satisfied with my TWS collection for now but I have now been more focused on my desktop setup (just purchased an RME ADI-2 from someone on headfi and will be digging my Aeon 2 Noires out of storage today). I have also found myself using the SE846 more at home again these days. For now, I think my daily drivers will be as follows:

TWS (music on the go): B&W PI7
TWS (calls): Samsung Galaxy Buds Live
TWS (workout, grilling, doing things around the apartment): MW07 Go (essentially my "beater" pair)
Over Ear wireless: Aonic 50
IEM: Shure SE846 (with Dragonfly Cobalt or Qudelix 5K) - usually keep in backpack and use at the office.
Home desktop: Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire

Long story short, I think each serves a purpose. For on the go, it will definitely be TWS as you just cannot beat convenience (for both music and calls).

An off-topic but necessary and fitting comment. I’m also loving my A50. Never owned the SE846 but have tried them and LOVED them. If you get the chance you should try the THX Onyx, instead of the the Cobalt, with both Shures. Amazing results.

Aug 28, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #36,731 of 62,422
Devialet for Soundstage and clean bass.

Do you think Devialet is one of the most impact bass now. I am just sub-bass lover, i dont really like mid-bass too strong. Sorry about my difficult hobby :[[

I agree re: Gemini bass, strong, present, at sub but not overpowering to other frequencies. And that’s just on flat eq setting. 6db of room to increase (and decrease) at 80 and 125hz and 400…. Here’s the app eq for your reference.

edit: have to add, I personally feel there is little to no bass leakage

I also agree on the bass. So far I prefer Gemini's bass over MT's. I can crank all the way to 6db if i really want to, but I currently have it set to 4db.

Re the Gemini, it sounds like they’ve been getting some positive feedback, certainly over last few pages or so.
Do the owners think it’s an ok choice for workouts at the gym? Or not great?

I will be gyming with these too soon with a mix of weight lifting and tabata. Will let you know if these stay in place.

Aug 28, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #36,732 of 62,422
I've purchased a pair of earbuds from a company I've purchased quite a lot of audio products from, starting with the excellent Resonates and onwards.

This is a review on the Avant Air from the company Rock Jaw Audio. A wireless pair of earbuds that offers incredible value.

This is my review and it it's free of any outside influence, no money has changed hands and no shady dealings have taken place.

Right onwards and upwards.

As you can see it comes fitted with eartips as standard but they can be removed but I wouldn't recommend it as it's a right pain trying to put them back.

It comes with the extremely short USB A to USB C connector but since must people have a normal sized charging cable it's fine to have as a backup.

If you have a wireless charger then you'll be right at home as the Avant Air's case also supports wireless charging.

Right the most important part of the review the sound. So what does it sound like? Well if truth be told it's a really fun sounding pair of earbuds. It's V shaped in it's sound signature which to be honest brings out the best in it's usage case. The custom drivers which by the way have liquid silicone and beryllium coatings have a incredible frequency response 15–40000Hz that means you hear nuances on tracks that you've heard many times before. The earbuds support AAC and AptX codecs.

The bass is impactful but not overwhelming. The treble might be slightly harsh to some people because of the overall sound signature but I haven't had any issues.

Soundstage as I've spoken briefly about above is absolutely beautiful. I feel the team at Rock Jaw have done themselves proud as I can tell they're not just thrown the kitchen sink at the development of these bad boys they've included the whole kitchen as well.

Battery life is another thing they've excelled at, with up to 12 hours in ear and 39 hours in the case. You'll definitely have enough to last you though the day and then some.

Connectivity is amazing, not once have I had any issues pairing with the Avant Air or any problems with it cutting out on my Android device with Bluetooth 5.0. The Avant Air supports Bluetooth 5.2 out the box.

The Avant Air comes with touch controls which control volume and voice assistant compatible.

It's also IPX5 water resistant.

Each earbud is 6.5 grams.

Here's where to purchase them https://rockjawaudio.com/products/avant-air

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_150931.jpeg
    IMG_20210809_150931.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Aug 28, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #36,733 of 62,422
Re the Gemini, it sounds like they’ve been getting some positive feedback, certainly over last few pages or so.
Do the owners think it’s an ok choice for workouts at the gym? Or not great?
The Gemini fit into the concha by being angled against the antihelix with some buffeting support by the antitragus, and possess silicone tips and a relatively shallow fit. All of that makes them low pressure and comfortable at rest, but almost guarantees that they will loosen with movement and sweat.

1630169535660.png

However, a wild card is their Ear Active Matching, which compensates real-time for variations in the canal fit. In my experience this does work to mitigate the above.

So will they work at the gym? The answer, like almost all others in this forum is: Maybe, YEMV!

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #36,734 of 62,422
The Gemini fit into the concha by being angled against the antihelix with some buffeting support by the antitragus, and possess silicone tips and a relatively shallow fit. All of that makes them low pressure and comfortable at rest, but almost guarantees that they will loosen with movement and sweat.

1630169535660.png

However, a wild card is their Ear Active Matching, which compensates real-time for variations in the canal fit. In my experience this does work to mitigate the above.

So will they work at the gym? The answer, like almost all others in this forum is: Maybe, YEMV!
Yeah they are pretty good at the gym provided you aren't running. Lifting and some cardio they should be fine.

Aug 28, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #36,735 of 62,422
I have the Fiil CC2 coming in next week they might be a worthy replacement sq wise. I’ll share impressions after using them for a few days.

@erockg, so I have been using the CC2 for 24 hours and I'm impressed.
Normally I despise the form factor and the earbud style shape but they are super comfortable in situations that I need to hear stuff around me and need to rest my ears in general.
SQ is also excellent for what they are. They are definitely no bass monsters but they have crystal clear mids and highs while the bass is there it's more like a balance armature kind of bass if you know what I mean.
The app is really good too and the case is hmm unique, and while I have no issues with it it has to lid so not sure how I feel about it.
the review here by SCARBIR is really spot on in my opinion and pretty much exactly how I feel about them.
For the $41 that I paid for them (on Amazon with coupon) they are a steal and very pleasant to listen to all day.
Will share some final impressions in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back