Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 27, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #36,692 of 62,104
B&O EQ hmmm .... better than PI7?
I thought so. Definitely from an overall flexibility and quality perspective. It's been a bit since I listened to the PI7s, but I would say they sound better to my ears than the PI7s did. Probably close though. I never used/had much use for the case audio relay of the PI7s, but it was a cool idea.

Aug 27, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #36,693 of 62,104
I thought so. Definitely from an overall flexibility and quality perspective. It's been a bit since I listened to the PI7s, but I would say they sound better to my ears than the PI7s did. Probably close though. I never used/had much use for the case audio relay of the PI7s, but it was a cool idea.
I think I agree that the overall tuning is really spot on. Using spin fits and they sound really awesome.

Aug 27, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #36,694 of 62,104
I think I agree that the overall tuning is really spot on. Using spin fits and they sound really awesome.
I haven't tried any other outside of the Finals so far, but rock solid so far. Also like the simplicity of easily retuning something you need to adjust. I have become quite lazy listening to earbuds now and don't like to constantly jack around with a traditional EQ unless I am bored :D Battery life is also much better than PI7s. I will try and use aptxHD this weekend if I get time.

Aug 27, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #36,695 of 62,104
I haven't tried any other outside of the Finals so far, but rock solid so far. Also like the simplicity of easily retuning something you need to adjust. I have become quite lazy listening to earbuds now and don't like to constantly jack around with a traditional EQ unless I am bored :D Battery life is also much better than PI7s. I will try and use aptxHD this weekend if I get time.
Agreed. The approach to the EQ is genius. I have a pixel here with AptxHD - I'm not sure if they will connect or not. I'll check it out too.

Aug 27, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #36,696 of 62,104
These Sony XM4 with Final Type E TWS tips sound pretty damn good!

think I’m in the midst of a firmware update, too.
I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but do the Final Type E tips work well with your Gemini?

Aug 27, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #36,697 of 62,104
I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but do the Final Type E tips work well with your Gemini?
Yes they fit, and funny you should ask as I’m currently swapping back and forth between my final (L) and stock (M) to see which stay in better. Often wonder if I should have gotten medium finals.

edit: seems like the Gemini want to be seated further into my ear canal than the Sony, hence the size question. The L work great on the Sony.
Sound with final on Gemini sounds good though

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #36,699 of 62,104
But is it fair to say the Gemini feel more dynamic to me?
Most definitely. I liked the Sony too but the LDAC didn't make up for the fact that they still don't sound better than the Gemini, PI7, T5II ANC and now the EQ.

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #36,700 of 62,104
Most definitely. I liked the Sony too but the LDAC didn't make up for the fact that they still don't sound better than the Gemini, PI7, T5II ANC and now the EQ.
Where the Sony's shine out of that group I think are the features. Klipsch are the only ones comparable in that category. I absolutely love the touch hold ambient feature Sony uses, then the fade back in of audio (in case higher volume).

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #36,701 of 62,104
Where the Sony's shine out of that group I think are the features. Klipsch are the only ones comparable in that category. I absolutely love the touch hold ambient feature Sony uses, then the fade back in of audio (in case higher volume).
Agreed and shouldn't be overlooked. If I needed one "do everything pair" for travel, work etc., the Sony would be the choice. That said, I don't since I never leave the house. So I'll take the improved SQ over the other features right now based on my priorities.

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #36,702 of 62,104
Agreed and shouldn't be overlooked. If I needed one "do everything pair" for travel, work etc., the Sony would be the choice. That said, I don't since I never leave the house. So I'll take the improved SQ over the other features right now based on my priorities.
Right on. I am keeping mine for my travel utilities and then keep the EQs for when SQ is desired.

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #36,703 of 62,104
Very similar thought pattern, but I expressed the conclusion in my head as “features shmeatures”
In addition to the SQ of Gemini that I love, I took them out into the City yesterday and the ANC was remarkable both just walking around and in the subway.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #36,704 of 62,104
Very similar thought pattern, but I expressed the conclusion in my head as “features shmeatures”
In addition to the SQ of Gemini that I love, I took them out into the City yesterday and the ANC was remarkable both just walking around and in the subway.
The ANC is really underrated. Right there with the bose and Sony. Maybe a notch below but waaaay better than the garbage "get me over" ANC offered by many others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back