Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 25, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #36,601 of 62,422
Woot my Gemini arrived a day earlier. So far I'm glad the sound doesn't change whenever I rock my head up and down compared to the MT, so I guess these are a better fit.

Right now I have my left MT (I wish I didn't lose my right one) and right Gemini playing music at the same time, just to see if I can pick out some of the differences.
It’s a Gemini day apparently. Mine just showed up. 😀

Aug 25, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #36,602 of 62,422
Woot my Gemini arrived a day earlier. So far I'm glad the sound doesn't change whenever I rock my head up and down compared to the MT, so I guess these are a better fit.

Right now I have my left MT (I wish I didn't lose my right one) and right Gemini playing music at the same time, just to see if I can pick out some of the differences.

Edit: Definitely more treble energy on the Gemini, although I hope it won't be fatiguing after prolonged listening. I think the vocals are more pronounced and clear on the Gemini too. I also feel like I'm more closer to the stage with the MT than Gemini, but I honestly like them both at the moment.

Edit 2: Both can handle bass very very well.
My MT are supposedly on the UPS truck for delivery today

Aug 25, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #36,603 of 62,422
Having used the AFT2 for a couple days I really am enjoying their sound and fit. But the case is definitely loose when pulled open. Time will tell if it has any issues but it doesn't fill me with lots of confidence.

Signature wise it is warmer than the Samsung Buds Pro but not as warm as the 1000XM3.

In doing some direct A/B comparisons between the Between Pro (BP) and the AFT2 the AFT2 has bigger bass that's verges on to much while the AFT2 is more balanced in this regard. The AFT2 has more midrange warmth than the BP which can be good or bad depending on preference. The BP clearly has more treble detail and presence though with cymbals having more definition and decay.

Comfort wise the AFT2 is slightly more comfortable in my ears but is clearly larger and will have fit issues with people who have a small concha whereas the BP should work good for both groups.

Both TWS have no app support so rely on your device or music app to EQ if your not happy with the sound and both are set in regards to how they work and sound. The BP has a smaller case but is fiddly getting the ear pieces out. The AFT2 has a unique pull out tray design that cool but consumes more space. Both cases have potential flimsy design elements hinges on the BP and loose tray on the AFT2.

If they were the same price at around $77 US I think the BP offers more technical bang for the buck. But since the BP is closer to $130 or more here in Canada after factoring in shipping and exchange rates the AFT2 offers better value proposition especially if Visions discounts them further. But they also need to be considered a one and done deal since the manufacturer is now gone. So if concerned see how much some added warranty would cost and make sure they will allow an exchange for a different brand in case the product dies.

Aug 25, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #36,605 of 62,422
Sadly, this is not true. I've opened it.
Swear I read this. But you probably know more than me. I'm old. I forget things.

Aug 25, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #36,606 of 62,422
Bit disappointed in CA.. I sent in the Melomania Touch for RMA, and they sent me the 1+.. Someone must have screwed up because the email from the RMA department and shipping label both say "Melomania Touch".. I didn't open the 1+ and put them back in the UPS box. Emailed them back to see what the heck happened.

It's not an easy mistake to make unless if you are not familiar with the product line. I guess mistakes happen, but I hope someone doesn't get in trouble for this. This still cannot happen though. It's inexcusable.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #36,607 of 62,422
Anyone else been having strange issues with their M&D MW08S? I get random disconnects, reboots and now a strange beeping sound that only callers hear when I'm using them. Just emailed M&D for help and/or a replacement but wow, this is frustrating.

Aug 25, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #36,608 of 62,422
I don't hear a big difference between ANC off and "All day" ANC modes and I haven't used Max ANC mode often enough as of now. "All Day" ANC seems sufficient for everything I do around here, I guess.

Agree that an EQ would be fantastic but I'm happy with how the stock sound is. I definitely prefer it to the stock sound of the WF-1000XM4. However, the XM4 sound better when EQ'd for me.

Audio feedback when switching modes is fine for me but I agree that the modes could switch quicker!

The price is really high but I love so many things about them (case, design, fit/comfort, battery life, sound, buttons etc.) I will keep them as my daily driver. Haven't found a better package for me yet. The XM4 come close but they don't fit as good/are not as comfortable and the case is way cheaper + you always have to sacrifice one feature as you can only assign two to the buds (in my case it was volume control e.g.).
I agree. "All day ANC" and "Off" are quite similar. I've used "All day" the last times I've listened to the MW08S, and am happy with the sound using that setting.

XM4 doesn't sound better with stock settings and stock tips. As Boolean Bones also said, they were just pretty good until I used the Final E Type tips on them .

Maybe I should've explained it better, regarding the audio feedback. It's the total time switching modes I meant as well.

As I wrote in another post, I also will keep the MW08S because it's (almost) the total package.

Which tips do you prefer using with the MW08S?

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #36,609 of 62,422
Saw this pic w/o any context...
1629932286592.png

Wasn't sure what this was till I found this article...
https://vnexplorer.net/jabras-new-t...help-cope-with-hearing-loss-er2021606227.html
"Since they’ve got the form-factor of a pair of true wireless earbuds, the Enhance Plus can also be used like a traditional pair of headphones to stream music or make calls from a paired smartphone. They’re IP52 rated for dust and water resistance, and will be sold in gray and beige. "
1629932753595.png

Would be sweet if easier to get and the price was right. Still interesting and pretty sweet looking.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #36,610 of 62,422
Saw this pic w/o any context...
1629932286592.png
Wasn't sure what this was till I found this article...
https://vnexplorer.net/jabras-new-t...help-cope-with-hearing-loss-er2021606227.html
"Since they’ve got the form-factor of a pair of true wireless earbuds, the Enhance Plus can also be used like a traditional pair of headphones to stream music or make calls from a paired smartphone. They’re IP52 rated for dust and water resistance, and will be sold in gray and beige. "
1629932753595.png
Would be sweet if easier to get and the price was right. Still interesting and pretty sweet looking.
I didn't know that Sennheiser's consumer business was bought by a hearing aid manufacturer (Sonova or Switzerland). Given that hearing loss is cumulative, smart move!

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #36,612 of 62,422
Aug 25, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #36,613 of 62,422
Didn't even register with me the color of your APP. Colorware or something? They look spiffy in black.
Yeah, I just never liked the white Apple stuff. I picked up the matte black Colorware ones a while ago.

Aug 25, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #36,614 of 62,422
@erockg what sort of witchcraft is needed to fit the wingtips on the T5s?

i honestly don’t know what to make of these mw08s. Some tracks sound silky smooth but some are just boomy and muddy. I tried wavelet but I get a lot of distortion when I enable the EQ. Not sure yet.

Aug 25, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #36,615 of 62,422
Man the Gemini really makes the female vocals shine in a lot of my EDM tracks. I remember I had to EQ the upper midrange on the MT just make the vocals more intimate. I also like how I can EQ the bass region and it still doesn't sound bloated or muddy at all. The treble on the Gemini can be piercing at times, but at the same time it adds some fun to it. If my memory serves me right (when I had both my earpieces), I think the soundstage of the MT is slightly more expansive, and in some songs, I feel more immersed with it than the Gemini. Still need to do more listening, but so far so good. Pairing on my Samsung S21 Ultra is much better and easier than the MT, no hiccups or disruption.

I do like how the touch sensitivity on the Gemini is not as crazy as the MT.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back