Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 24, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #36,526 of 62,435
Further listening, yeah I guess music sounds fuller with ANC on. I think neutral still sounds good and can be eq’d but I can see/hear where critics are coming from. Any other Devialet users can chime in if I’m just mishearing; it’s entirely possible

ADD: this reviewer’s take on how ANC impacts sound is pretty solid.

This is interesting. I did concur with the reviews about the Neutral setting sounding worse, but like them I guess I never considered it was mostly the volume drop from the ANC boosted dynamics. One of the reasons I wanted ANC was to preserve my damaged hearing after having endured decades of city life without it, so I really appreciated how -- with ANC -- the dynamics and nuances come through at a lower volumes. I'll continue to listen that way but I can also now appreciate how the "different" non-ANC sound might actually work better for certain genres, albeit with some EQ tweaks.

Aug 24, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #36,527 of 62,435
Giving the mw08 another try. Since I am impatient, I went with the black non sport version with the matte black case from Amazon. The sports are not yet available on Amazon for another week and I might die if I don’t get them by tomorrow …. Will decide between them and the Klipsch ANC before returning.

Aug 24, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #36,528 of 62,435
This is interesting. I did concur with the reviews about the Neutral setting sounding worse, but like them I guess I never considered it was mostly the volume drop from the ANC boosted dynamics. One of the reasons I wanted ANC was to preserve my damaged hearing after having endured decades of city life without it, so I really appreciated how -- with ANC -- the dynamics and nuances come through at a lower volumes. I'll continue to listen that way but I can also now appreciate how the "different" non-ANC sound might actually work better for certain genres, albeit with some EQ tweaks.
huge believer in ANC to preserve hearing loss. Lifelong tinnitus sufferer hear. Anything that allows more moderate volumes is a win for me. This is probably as important to me as actually blocking out sound.

Aug 24, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #36,529 of 62,435
Aug 24, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #36,530 of 62,435
Giving the mw08 another try. Since I am impatient, I went with the black non sport version with the matte black case from Amazon. The sports are not yet available on Amazon for another week and I might die if I don’t get them by tomorrow …. Will decide between them and the Klipsch ANC before returning.
I feel your sense of impatience. I ordered directly from M&D because Amazon had them back ordered on Friday…(my how quickly things change) and they’ve been assigned a tracking number but that’s as far as they’ve gotten. Good luck

I will say I’m spoiled at the moment anyway (understatement I know) with the Devialet, but I’m really looking forward to comparing them.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #36,531 of 62,435
I know my pick, but looking forward to your thoughts.

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #36,532 of 62,435
I feel your sense of impatience. I ordered directly from M&D because Amazon had them back ordered on Friday…(my how quickly things change) and they’ve been assigned a tracking number but that’s as far as they’ve gotten. Good luck

I will say I’m spoiled at the moment anyway (understatement I know) with the Devialet, but I’m dying to compare them.
If you are on the east coast, ordering from M&D is like an 8 to 10 day process. Simply unacceptable.

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #36,533 of 62,435
If you are on the east coast, ordering from M&D is like an 8 to 10 day process. Simply unacceptable.
holy moly...that's nuts. thanks for the insight. Maybe I can still cancel it and order from Amazon...even that says Monday delivery if I buy today. Oh well...patience, virtue, all that jazz (he tells himself)

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #36,534 of 62,435
holy moly...that's nuts. thanks for the insight. Maybe I can still cancel it and order from Amazon...even that says Monday delivery if I buy today. Oh well...patience, virtue, all that jazz (he tells himself)
Probably not. I tried once before and they said once processed orders cant cancel.

Aug 24, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #36,536 of 62,435
Probably not. I tried once before and they said once processed orders cant cancel.
I'm in Los Angeles and I got my MW08S in a day. Shipped Fed Ex Home delivery with signature confirmation. It's odd, because I think M&D is based in NY. They must have a warehouse out here.

Aug 24, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #36,537 of 62,435
I'm in Los Angeles and I got my MW08S in a day. Shipped Fed Ex Home delivery with signature confirmation. It's odd, because I think M&D is based in NY. They must have a warehouse out here.
I had same thought, figured NYC co would get to me in a day...must come in from China, and then storage in Southern Cali for US distribution.

Aug 24, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #36,538 of 62,435
Yeah, they are HQd in NY. Too funny. Think a lot of folks use Ontario DCs as a hub since it's so close to the airport.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #36,540 of 62,435
huge believer in ANC to preserve hearing loss. Lifelong tinnitus sufferer hear. Anything that allows more moderate volumes is a win for me. This is probably as important to me as actually blocking out sound.
I’ve been using iOS 15 beta and I received 2 warnings for listening to music too loudly for too long. Have any iOS users seen the below in control center, tells you volume db real time?

Attachments

• F81A16FC-2734-4A99-91D0-EE24D91134AE.png
    F81A16FC-2734-4A99-91D0-EE24D91134AE.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back